CaliforniaCheez
11 years ago
The loss in the playoffs to the 49'ers had a lot of plays where their QB just blew past Walden and Matthews. Matthews was on the ground a lot. He and Walden never demonstrated much outside containment or concern for the overall scheme.

Greene just could not get them to show any intelligence or ability to get the job done. Greene did not have them adjust and he never pulled them for their poor performance.

Will McCarthy fire him and get a better OLB coach?
blank
all_about_da_packers
11 years ago

The loss in the playoffs to the 49'ers had a lot of plays where their QB just blew past Walden and Matthews. Matthews was on the ground a lot. He and Walden never demonstrated much outside containment or concern for the overall scheme.

Greene just could not get them to show any intelligence or ability to get the job done. Greene did not have them adjust and he never pulled them for their poor performance.

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez 

Perhaps the most sensible thread of the night (I'm serious).

Clay has absolutely been horrible at containment. I get he has the athleticism and motor to make things happen from scratch, but he has generally been horrendous at playing containment.

I would guess 'No' because McCarthy seems to be loyal, and Green has done a good enough job to help his players develop (especially Moses this season). But, boy, based on what I was seeing tonight Kevin Green would be the first coach on defense who has some serious explaining to do.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
dyeah_gb
11 years ago

I think this a valid question. I see a pattern here that the question "should xxx be fired" should be applied to just about every element of the staff. This is not just a reactionary. It really is a matter of thinking critically about what this team believes it is capable of and how much practice and preparation helps bring the team to its full potential. In the end, any staff changes should not be a vindication of a playoff loss (like DC with 4th and 26), it should be about pointing this team in the right direction to get a title.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
gbguy20
11 years ago

Walden was pulled after colin's long td run, moses replaced him. defense did not improve. just sayin
CaliforniaCheez
11 years ago
Matthews is a one trick pony.
Has he improved since he was a rookie?
Has he learned yet how to properly stretch his hamstrings before playing or are they always getting injured?
Can he cover anyone in space better?
Does he play under control or over run plays?

Do Walden and Zombo really lack the talent or could they improve with better coaching?

Why would a rookie like Moses show so much discipline? Is it because he has the least amount of Kevin Greene coaching?
blank
gbguy20
11 years ago

Has he learned yet how to properly stretch his hamstrings before playing or are they always getting injured?

Do Walden and Zombo really lack the talent or could they improve with better coaching?

Why would a rookie like Moses show so much discipline? Is it because he has the least amount of Kevin Greene coaching?

uihauhauhauhaahaha
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
I am always willing for the Packers to improve whether it be changing player personnel or position coaches or coordinators.
Not sure all the OLB failures are Greene's fault. Not sure a different position coach would have made a difference.

CM3 is exactly what they knew he would be. A pass rusher from the LB position who occasionally is in the right place to tackle the RB as he comes his way. hat he is not is a guy who can do everything and excel at it.

I don't see how he can be a pass rusher and still stay outside to watch contain. They seem to be two different responsibilities. If he vacates his position to pressure the QB some one else (A safety?) has to rotate out and cover contain.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I'd rather see Kevin Greene as the DC than fired.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

Seems more a personnel issue overall. Last year we were in need of pass rush opposite Matthews. This year we were in need of pass rush opposite Matthews. How many years does this go unaddressed? Well, I can count two in a row now. Unaddressed.

I know we drafted Perry. We needed more. Way more. And when players go down with injury, it is the GM's responsibility to find another player at the position. Didn't happen, two years in the running.

Can anyone here believe we are STILL talking about Walden and Zombo???!!!!

Fucking A!!!!!!
gbguy20
11 years ago

Seems more a personnel issue overall. Last year we were in need of pass rush opposite Matthews. This year we were in need of pass rush opposite Matthews. How many years does this go unaddressed? Well, I can count two in a row now. Unaddressed.

I know we drafted Perry. We needed more. Way more. And when players go down with injury, it is the GM's responsibility to find another player at the position. Didn't happen, two years in the running.

Can anyone here believe we are STILL talking about Walden and Zombo???!!!!

Fucking A!!!!!!

Originally Posted by: play2win 

So we needed more after we drafted Perry? who should we have skipped in the draft then? Hayward? Worthy?

You guys can bitch and bitch all you want saying that certain needs aren't addressed. Almost our entire draft went defense, and man did our draft produce this year. Sure, when Perry went down as you said Ted Thompson could have went out and replaced him, but you seem to forget, there isn't all that many talented free agent gems out there in the middle of the season. I understand everyone is frustrated, but at least be realistic with your demands.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.