Yerko
11 years ago
No offense, I understand the sentiment most fans have for Donald but comparing this with what the Ravens are doing with Ray Lewis is like comparing apples and oranges...

Putting him on the field during garbage time probably would have been more insulting than what they actually did anyways. Nobodies get put on the field during garbage time...
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

No offense, I understand the sentiment most fans have for Donald but comparing this with what the Ravens are doing with Ray Lewis is like comparing apples and oranges...

Putting him on the field during garbage time probably would have been more insulting than what they actually did anyways. Nobodies get put on the field during garbage time...

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

you mean no bodies like 🇦🇷 and Jennings? [grin1]

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

A type of argument that is quite popular with many of the posters in this forum. It is closely related to slight of hand arguing.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 years ago
Had it been a home game, i would have said put him in. But who in San Francisco would have cared?
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

I'm over the loss for the most part, we got destroyed...plain and simple. However, one thing buried in that loss has me questioning WTF?

We are down 21 points, under 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter,and have the ball where is Donald Driver?

Double D should have been in the game finishing out his Packer career with class. Did I miss him out there? I don't think so. How awesome would that have been if DD would have caught that last TD pass?

Originally Posted by: K_Buz 

What are you thinking K-Buz?????

These guys aren't people, they are commodities!

There's no room in football for sentiment anymore!!!

THIS IS A FUCKING BUSINESS!!!

To hell With Driver!!! His ass needs to go.

[sarcasm]

One thing that I find curious is how quick he was activated once he volunteered to play on special teams.

The coaches didn't want to ask him, thought it wouldn't be right to ask a Vet like DD to play Sp. teams, so he volunteered, and amazingly after a short week of practice he showed he could contribute and he was activated instead of ????? whoever.

hmmmmm....just wondering about next year, DD shows up and just like a rookie or street FA, contends for a roster spot as a menmber of the Sp teams unit.

Now it comes down to final cuts, and the coaches have to decide who to keep, a Rookie FA, or a 16 yr Vet who could, if needed , step right into the starting lineup at any point of the game.

I know what my decision would be.

Down deep, I know DD is probably done in Green Bay, but just keep asking myself, what difference it would have made if The Packers didn't make the decision to put Ross in to return punts instead of Cobb?

There's a reason a very few rookies make a splash in The NFL, it's called inexperience!!!

Time to move on, wait till next year, and see what happens, if DD returns it will be fun reading some of the posts as our online GM's go beserk week after week.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
11 years ago
Who goes beserk besides you Buckeye? Bring up Favre in a negative way and watch you go off! You defend him like he's your brother.

Driver is done in GB because he can't run the routes fast enough anymore and he drops the ball too much. Jennings is done because he will be going to the highest bidder, unless we are willing to tag him for a year. GB will not pay his ransom, because although he is a productive player, a number 1 wideout like Fitzgerald, Jennings is not.

Woodson is probably done because he isn't worth his cap number anymore and without a major restructure, it is fiscally irresponsible to bring him back. Oh did I mention he is getting slower by the day. Savvy only cuts it so long.

Which brings us to your boy Hawk, Buckeye; he's way overpaid but he's like the cat with nine lives. His competition keeps getting hurt so we have to keep him. It's not like he's earning his paycheck or position with his play. We were seriously week in the middle this season.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Donald Driver
13 Targets
8 Receptions
3 Drops
11 Catchable
27.27% Drop Rate

When Jermichael Finley was at 14% ... quite a few of you folks were demanding he be cut. Interesting.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

Who goes beserk besides you Buckeye? Bring up Favre in a negative way and watch you go off! You defend him like he's your brother.

Driver is done in GB because he can't run the routes fast enough anymore and he drops the ball too much. Jennings is done because he will be going to the highest bidder, unless we are willing to tag him for a year. GB will not pay his ransom, because although he is a productive player, a number 1 wideout like Fitzgerald, Jennings is not.

Woodson is probably done because he isn't worth his cap number anymore and without a major restructure, it is fiscally irresponsible to bring him back. Oh did I mention he is getting slower by the day. Savvy only cuts it so long.

Which brings us to your boy Hawk, Buckeye; he's way overpaid but he's like the cat with nine lives. His competition keeps getting hurt so we have to keep him. It's not like he's earning his paycheck or position with his play. We were seriously week in the middle this season.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Favre??? who's that, haven't mentioned him in years, did I strike a nerve??? 😂 😂

Hey I've been saying for 3 years now I wish The Packers would let Hawk go so he could play for a team where the fans appreciated what he brings to the field.

Never understood when you say "we", how many games did you dress for this year?
😂

PLEASE TED MAKE THIS OFF-SEASON BE THE ONE WHERE YOU GET RID OF ALL THE DEAD WEIGHT YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO THIS TEAM!!!

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

What are you thinking K-Buz?????

These guys aren't people, they are commodities!

There's no room in football for sentiment anymore!!!

THIS IS A FUCKING BUSINESS!!!

To hell With Driver!!! His ass needs to go.

[sarcasm]

One thing that I find curious is how quick he was activated once he volunteered to play on special teams.

The coaches didn't want to ask him, thought it wouldn't be right to ask a Vet like DD to play Sp. teams, so he volunteered, and amazingly after a short week of practice he showed he could contribute and he was activated instead of ????? whoever.

hmmmmm....just wondering about next year, DD shows up and just like a rookie or street FA, contends for a roster spot as a menmber of the Sp teams unit.

Now it comes down to final cuts, and the coaches have to decide who to keep, a Rookie FA, or a 16 yr Vet who could, if needed , step right into the starting lineup at any point of the game.

I know what my decision would be.

Down deep, I know DD is probably done in Green Bay, but just keep asking myself, what difference it would have made if The Packers didn't make the decision to put Ross in to return punts instead of Cobb?

There's a reason a very few rookies make a splash in The NFL, it's called inexperience!!!

Time to move on, wait till next year, and see what happens, if DD returns it will be fun reading some of the posts as our online GM's go beserk week after week.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

They may well have activated him but since Boykin was injured they almost certainly would have activated him whether or not he asked to play on ST.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

They may well have activated him but since Boykin was injured they almost certainly would have activated him whether or not he asked to play on ST.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I may be wrong, but am pretty sure Boykin was out for The last Minny game and DD was still inactive, it was him going to the coaches and volunteering to work special teams that got him active for The 49r game.

Just a point which, wpr, has nothing to do with this post, or anything you have posted,but I'm going to include it here because I don't want to create another post.

I have never said DD hasn't lost a step.
I have never said DD should have been starting.

I do understand if DD does not play for The Packers next year.

I also think that there will be a spot for him next year if conditions are right, and he will contribute, if he makes the team.

I've tried to make this point a couple times, but always get shouted down, and called names.

If Greg Jennings doesn't come back, if Jermicheal Finley is cut, all of a sudden The Packers are down to Jones,Nelson and Cobb with experience, and Boykin and Ross with next to no experience.
This happens, injuries occur, the only point I have said is DD would be a nice option to have.

Let me put it this way Donald Driver has about as much of a chance to play next year as Ryan Grant had to be resigned this year.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.