Yerko
  • Yerko
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
Trying to follow the format of QCHuskerfans posts, but mine might be a tad bit *unrealistic*. It is the offseason so sometimes my thoughts get the best of me.

Depth Chart for 2013:
1. ?- Starting position is up for grabs.
2. DuJuan Harris- Showed some spark late last season, quite like Starks in 2010. I don't believe it was enough of a sample though to mark him in as the #1.
3. Alex Green- Coming off an ACL injury the previous season and not fully ready this past season, we didn't see much of Green. I think he is a good 3rd down back though.

Cut:
James Starks- Great late season in 2010. Has done nothing but been injured since.
Cedric Benson- With last season's major injury, I don't think Ced will be the same runningback.
Brandon Saine- Again, injuries.

Draft:
There are some great options in the draft. While it isn't always wise to count on a rookie in any starting position, I think there are a few names that can come into the pros and immediately make an impact.

Eddie Lacy
-If Lacy is still on the board at 26, the Packers *should* draft him. Yes, the Packers offensive line needs some help but a runningback like Lacy can strike some fear into a defense and open up A LOT of the passing game. He will most likely make an average offensive line look better than they are.
Montee Ball
- Ball has experience running in a ZBS offense. Another hard runner that can probably make an instant impact in more than just the run game.
Le'Veon Bell
- Biggest of all 3 backs and certainly doesn't run like he is almost 250 pounds. Bell would be another option for the Packers. He adds a similar element as Ball.

I think Ball and Bell can easily fall to the late 2nd round, maybe even early 3rd. I can never tell anymore with the way some teams draft. Maybe cutting a guy like Starks is a bit too much but for the past two seasons, his injuries have kept him off the field. He doesn't help the team on the sidelines every season.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
11 years ago
Starks has a significant injury history and can't be counted on. I can see him being released.
Bensons injury can be career ending. I don't see him coming back.
Saine probably gets another shot.

I like Bell but MSU ran him to death so his career might be short, much like John Brockington.
QCHuskerFan
11 years ago
Was going to try to get to offense, but am happier that you did. Thank you!

Agree with you about depth chart.

Really agree with Starks. Hasta la vista, baby.

Benson- well it comes down to contract to me. If it costs much to keep him to Training Camp, would cut him. But if he doesn't have a Roster Bonus, might keep him into camp. He would need to be a clear #1 coming out of camp for me to keep though.

Ball- I am not a believer. He has over 600 carries already under his belt in college. In my warped mind, I look at RB's as having a finite # of carries. I would rather have a one year wonder like Lacy than a back that has had a long college career. He has used some of that lifetime allotment of carries up already. There are a number of exceptions to this, like AP. But there is a reason that RB's don't last long in the NFL. Ball is also not much of a threat in the passing game.

Lacey- Low # of carries and much more involved in the passing game at AL. I would be happier with him.

Bell- Again, a high number of carries coming out of college. Much more of a threat in the passing game than Ball.

Philosophically, I would not like to see a RB drafted until our late 3rd Rd pick. Personally, I see too many other bigger needs for the higher picks.
nerdmann
11 years ago
Starks comes back, Saine gets a shot.

I do think they'll pick someone up though.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Yerko
  • Yerko
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
Not that mock drafts have any value to them (I read them to see what the "experts" think the teams need), but Kiper has Lacy coming to the Packers at 26. It is totally a reach but I bring this up because of something he says in his description.

Kiper says:

Lacy could fill a need, allowing them to do more than simply "show" the run, but to gain some legitimate value out of it.

A lot of people think DuJuan Harris can be the starter. I personally think DuJuan Harris is a runningback that just shows the run. I am with you QCHusker as I don't believe a runningback should be taken in the first, especially with all the other needs (mainly defensive and offensive line) but with a guy like Lacy being available there I'd say BPA comes into play, imo.

I think a lot of the better DT/DE are coming off the board early. In terms of offensive line and this is getting a bit off subject for this thread, I think C and LT are the biggest needs. Like DT/DE's, great LTs will be off the board early and a good C.

I'd probably be the only person okay with the dude in my avatar being selected at 26. However, he can play LT, G, and C in the NFL and to me that is a valuable pick, especially for the Packers offensive line (saves this thought for offensive line talk).
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
well there you go, if Kiper says GB will take Lacy 26th it is a lock that they will not take any RB in the 1st round.
adding to your post Yerko, No C in the first round. They will get someone in the 3rd. Not another OT in the first unless they already know that Sherrod will not be back. Also I don't see them being upset with Sitton enough to take someone that high.

I can see them going for DL help in the first but not RB or OL.

BTW, I love the idea of getting Barrett Jones. I would like him better in the 2nd or betters still the 3rd. 😉
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
11 years ago
If Barrett Jones isn't on the board, you go with Lacy easily. And I'm not just saying that because it's Alabama. The kid's a baller.

I wouldn't mind a safety either.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
shield4life
11 years ago
Rather pick a FA on RB and concentrate on improving our lines on both sides of the ball in the draft!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
flep
11 years ago
Get Reggie Bush from the Dolphins.

Back ups Benson and Harris.

Kuhn when 2 back set up.

Oh and get a line!!!!
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
nerdmann
11 years ago

Get Reggie Bush from the Dolphins.

Back ups Benson and Harris.

Kuhn when 2 back set up.

Oh and get a line!!!!

Originally Posted by: flep 

Benson and Kuhn are done.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.