Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:13:33 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 96
Applause Received: 161

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
My counter to that is a runningback on the Packers would have a longer shelf life than a runningback on, lets say...the Browns.
A guy like Lacy would be worth it with what he would do on our offense. Its not like he would be coming onto a team that is going to rely on him (like his old teammate, Trent Richardson).

Let's say Lacy is available at 26.

Joeckel (OT)
Fisher (OT)
Lutelelie (DT)
Richardson (DT)
Hankins (DT)
Warmack (OG)
Ansah (DE)
Short (DT)
Jenkins (DT)
...are all taken before 26. Do you just ignore the stud runningback sitting there at 26 and trade down, hoping that a 2nd tier lineman such as Lane Johnson (OT), Jonathan Cooper (OG), or Sherrif Floyd (DT) fall that late in the 2nd or 3rd?

Imo, I would not pass up a blue chip runningback like Lacy and go into next season complaining about the lack of the Packers running game. Lacy is a reason to make McCarthy stick to the run game...

I won't complain if the Packers running game is not better next year. I will complain if the DL doesn't do a better job of controlling the LOS. That's my hot button.

And, yes, I ignore Lacy at 26.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 2/12/2013(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:09:33 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

It would take some wheeling and dealing but I would love to see us end up with:

Margus Hunt, extremely low amount of experience but freakish athletic, high upside
William Gholston, could contribute very soon
This would give us two big ends for our 3-4.

Barrett Jones, would upgrade a position that is under rated, I think it would really help us and give us flexibility in case of injury.

Of course, with the info that is out there and our limited knowledge vs the coaches and Ted Thompson this is all assuming these players will be upgrades/good. This is also hoping that Bulaga and Sherrod can come back healthy and play well.

Frosting on the cake would be a sleeper receiver, safety and running back. There, now we're set!LOL
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline wpr  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:16:28 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

good job in your summary QC Applause

the days of spending a #1 for a rb are long over. (of course there are a few exceptions to the rule.)
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline porky88  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:14:28 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

Lacy and Ball played in marquee college games, so they're receiving the spotlight right now. The guy to watch is Le'Veon Bell of Michigan State. He's 6-2 and they list him at 240-245. I think he'll probably play around 225-230. Nevertheless, he has good vision, speed, and power. He always falls forward and does a great job of going north and south. He's the bell cow this team's been lacking. He may remind Mike McCarthy of Deuce McAllister but with more athleticism, so I'm throwing his name out there.

Frankly, I think teams needing a running back are going to bypass Lacy and attempt to get Bell in round two. For example, if St. Louis loses Steven Jackson via free agency, then moving back into round two for Bell is a better strategy than reaching for a running back (Lacy) that played behind one of the best college offensive lines in recent memory.
Offline Yerko  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:07:34 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
Lacy and Ball played in marquee college games, so they're receiving the spotlight right now. The guy to watch is Le'Veon Bell of Michigan State. He's 6-2 and they list him at 240-245. I think he'll probably play around 225-230. Nevertheless, he has good vision, speed, and power. He always falls forward and does a great job of going north and south. He's the bell cow this team's been lacking. He may remind Mike McCarthy of Deuce McAllister but with more athleticism, so I'm throwing his name out there.

Frankly, I think teams needing a running back are going to bypass Lacy and attempt to get Bell in round two. For example, if St. Louis loses Steven Jackson via free agency, then moving back into round two for Bell is a better strategy than reaching for a running back (Lacy) that played behind one of the best college offensive lines in recent memory.

Porky, I liked watching this kid play for MSU but as someone stated earlier in the thread, he was a workhorse for MSU and that could potentially kill his shelf life in the NFL (maybe it doesn't).

Lacy was a reach and I was really just trying to play devil's advocate with the name. Personally, I am with a lot of this board in saying that the defensive line and offensive line is a huge priority first. With that said, a name like Le'Veon Bell comes into play with a 3rd round pick. I don't see him going any higher than 3rd round. If he is there at 3, it would be a nice addition to the Packers backfield.

I only have been making a push for a runningback in the draft because I do not think any of the guys on the roster can be a starter that can actually make a difference in the run game...even if the offensive line is fixed.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed