Zero2Cool
11 years ago

I was taking exception to the hater comment - no big thing Zero2Cool. Offered some very quick access articles on salary and performance. That is all this is about. I know he turned some things around in the 2nd half of the season. But, we needed him for the full season, and he was paid for the full season. That, to me, is not a good return on investment. And, we're not even discussing his blocking...

I guess the bigger thing in all of this is looking at the thresholds, where performance and pay are in line, and forecasting those that are looking to be out of line, then making the hard decisions. As a fan, we don't have much say, and for all I know the light will go on for Jermichael Finley next season. If that does happen, I do hope it is in a Packers uniform. I understand the development of players is not as cut and dried as we all might like for it to be. Finley is their guy, and they've made a pretty big financial commitment to him, along with their continued praise and encouragement from the staff.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

No question, Packers need that full season effort from him, not in spurts. That's where I mentioned that whole fire under his ass thing. I kinda hope he takes leadership of the WR/TE corps ... I just doubt he can.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

No question, Packers need that full season effort from him, not in spurts. That's where I mentioned that whole fire under his ass thing. I kinda hope he takes leadership of the WR/TE corps ... I just doubt he can.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It would be great, if the guy all of a sudden got it. Studied hard. Practiced diligently. Kept a focus with his QB. Improved his blocking... I would love to see that, if he remains a Packer.=d>
DakotaT
11 years ago
😂

Packers have let their all-time yardage receiver retire, they are probably letting go to their "1 reciever of over the past 3 years, quedtionable whether their #1 TE will be back.
That's a lot of experience to replace just on the offensive side.

The Packers released their #1 DB, 2009 DPOY, prob. 1st rnd HOF candidate.
Questionable that their 2012 staring ML(Jones RFA) will be back,
Questionable that their 2012 starting OLB opposite Mathews (Walden) will be back,
and still a majority if you want to shit can the one LB who has been a rock at whatever position he has been asked to play.
Leading tackler in 2012, leading tackler on the team since he was drafted, started every game(but 2 in 2011}.

Yet with all the other ? this team has on defense, it seems that some of you think A.J. Hawk is the biggest problem The Packers have.

PLEASE TED CUT A.J. HAWK, absorb the 5 mil hit on the salary cap, GET HIS ASS OUT OF GREEN BAY, I for 1 am tired of the yearly A.J. Hawk has to go threads.

DAMMIT TED JUST DO IT!!!!

So some of the members can move on to their next most hated guy.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

You're killing me Buckeye. AJ was the shit in college and an average pro. He's overpaid but because of his contract, cutting him makes no sense. Use him up and let his contract expire. But Buckeye don't confuse the player you loved in college with what Packer fans have watched get burned repeatedly in coverage and dragged down the field by running backs. It was a weak draft and we weren't the only team that took it in the shorts.
UserPostedImage
porky88
11 years ago

It was a weak draft and we weren't the only team that took it in the shorts.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

It could be worse, but it could’ve been much, much better. Consider this, Green Bay passed on Haloti Ngata who went No. 12 that year. Forget all the Vernon Davis infatuation. Ted Thompson passed on possibly the best interior defensive lineman of his generation. That's a kick to the balls no matter what your opinion of Hawk is.

nerdmann
11 years ago

It could be worse, but it could’ve been much, much better. Consider this, Green Bay passed on Haloti Ngata who went No. 12 that year. Forget all the Vernon Davis infatuation. Ted Thompson passed on possibly the best interior defensive lineman of his generation. That's a kick to the balls no matter what your opinion of Hawk is.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Hawk was like Jordy Nelson.

Maybe not as much potential upside as other players, but extremely low risk.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Hawk was like Jordy Nelson.

Maybe not as much potential upside as other players, but extremely low risk.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

A.J. Hawk is who everyone said he was. A player who had reached his ceiling in college. I remember hearing this, relaying it here several times when people were hoping he'd be Jack Lambert or something. He's a solid linebacker, but lacks playmaking ability. I think that would be fine someone else on the linebacking group were a risk taker.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

A.J. Hawk is who everyone said he was. A player who had reached his ceiling in college. I remember hearing this, relaying it here several times when people were hoping he'd be Jack Lambert or something. He's a solid linebacker, but lacks playmaking ability. I think that would be fine someone else on the linebacking group were a risk taker.

That's a good description.

I wonder just how many different LB's have played along side Hawk since he has been with The Packers?

What most of you FAIL to realize is that Hawk is THE ONE guy who can be counted on week in week out, he's not perfect, and lordy we all know when he makes a mistake, that play will have it's own thread created, magnifying the fact that he isn't perfect.

What most of you FAIL to realize is when the D-line is getting beat up and man-handled(see SF,NYG, playoff games) the LB core as a unit is going to look bad.

Bishop then Smith and finally Jones along with A.J.Hawk(Hawk being the ONE constant) were pretty effective stopping the run between the tackles in 2012, it was the OLB's getting burned for long runs that hurt The Packers run D the most.

Yet,Clay Mathews seems to get a pass on his failure to contain the run.

I've asked the ? a 100 times, nobody has ever gave me a good answer.

Why the hell did Ted Thompson resign A.J. Hawk? Giving him an 8million signing bonus, and a new contract??

Don't worry guys, after next year, A.J Hawk will be released and you all can move on to another player who in your mind doesn't deserve to play for The Packers.

The Packers will continue being one of the youngest teams in the NFL, filled with all the potential in the world, yet, even with The Best QB in the league, they just can't seem to get over the hump as they did in 2010.

FIRE TED THOMPSON!!!!!!

Time to come to the realization that Ted's way will keep an organization competitive, but isn't going to bring championships to Green Bay.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Yet,Clay Mathews seems to get a pass on his failure to contain the run.

Why do you say Clay Matthews III gets a pass on his failure to contain the run when experts rate him 6th OLB defending the run? What is your reasoning for stating he is a failure containing the run? Why do people who analyze every single snap rate him 6th overall and you say he's a failure? I do not understand! Oh, wait, he was a Trojan, not a Buckeye, now I get it! 😝
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

Why do you say Clay Matthews III gets a pass on his failure to contain the run when experts rate him 6th OLB defending the run? What is your reasoning for stating he is a failure containing the run? Why do people who analyze every single snap rate him 6th overall and you say he's a failure? I do not understand! Oh, wait, he was a Trojan, not a Buckeye, now I get it! 😝

[-x

I do so, because I can, and I am always right!!!!!!

Just a side note, I am so happy The Packers FINALLY got rid of that damn Wolverine, who has been overpaid for the last 7 years!!!!!

I guess since I have been branded a "Buckeye Homer", I'll just roll with it.

Still no answer to why Ted Thompson resigned A.J. Hawk, I guess it was just another Ted Thompson Fuck up.
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
11 years ago

[-x

Still no answer to why Ted Thompson resigned A.J. Hawk, I guess it was just another Ted Thompson Fuck up.
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Because he had finally come off a decent season and we were letting Barnett go, so that Bishop could play. Now you're going to see AJ let go so that Smith, Jones, or Manning can play. Poor AJ what'll he do? Maybe the Browns will bring the homeboy back to land of no Super Bowl championships.

Why isn't Hawk ever there to cover up the run when Matthews rushes the passer? Cause he can't ever fight through the blocks to get the ball carrier.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.