buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

Because he had finally come off a decent season and we were letting Barnett go, so that Bishop could play. Now you're going to see AJ let go so that Smith, Jones, or Manning can play. Poor AJ what'll he do? Maybe the Browns will bring the homeboy back to land of no Super Bowl championships.

Why isn't Hawk ever there to cover up the run when Matthews rushes the passer? Cause he can't ever fight through the blocks to get the ball carrier.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

That's not an answer!!!

Came off a decent season??? What you're changing your mind now?

Hell he wasn't even on the field for most of the first 4 games of 2010, after being hurt in 2009, but playing through the injuries.

You were calling for Hawk's head way before Barnett was released,just as you call for anyone's head who you don't like.

A.J Hawk has been worth every penny Ted Thompson has paid him, you just can't admit you were wrong after 2009, after 2010, after 2011, and now after 2012.😂 😂 😂

Not real sure that it's the ILB's responsibility to as you say "cover up" for Mathews's inability to contain.

I'll pretty much guarantee you IT ISN'T Hawk's responsibility, but in your mind anytime the defense gives up a big run, IT'S ALL A.J. HAWKS fault, even though he is only 1 of 11 on the field, and most of the time he is WHERE HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE.

I'm not going to start this with you again, you are who you are, you're not going to change your opinions on any player.

You are WRONG more than you are RIGHT.

You keep living your "this is a business" world, where only YOUR "chosen few" deserve to make more than the NFL minimum, and I'll keep looking for your posts where you bitch about how The Packers have once again come up short in their attempt to make it to The Superbowl.

FIRE TED THOMPSON!!!!!!!!!

Next year when Clay Mathews is ready to break the bank, we'll see which LB's stay and which go.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Not real sure that it's the ILB's responsibility to as you say "cover up" for Mathews's inability to contain.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Where the heck are you getting this notion that Clay Matthews III cannot contain? I've tried proving you to be right, and instead proved it wrong and you still have to answer why you say this. I was joking about the whole Trojan thing, but perhaps I nailed it, huh? lol
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

Where the heck are you getting this notion that Clay Matthews III cannot contain? I've tried proving you to be right, and instead proved it wrong and you still have to answer why you say this. I was joking about the whole Trojan thing, but perhaps I nailed it, huh? lol

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm not, Mathews is worth every penny he get's next year, just treating his performances the way some on this forum treat Hawk's.

No player is perfect, everyone makes mistakes,sometimes the other team just makes the right call and is successful.

There were a few of times last year that Clay was taken out of the play because he took the inside rush and his responsibility was contain.

Just trying to make a point.

Also I hope you know I am JKing about Ted Thompson.

He did screrw up last year by letting Wells go and signing Saturday, as things turned out, he should have just plugged Dietrich-Smith in as the starter in pre-season and used Saturday's spot for another lineman already on roster.

It's real easy to look back and make this statement, the way it's real easy for some to say "if this guy or if this guy wouldn't have been injured A.J. Hawk would have been gone a long time ago.

Zero2Cool
11 years ago

I'm not, Mathews is worth every penny he get's next year, just treating his performances the way some on this forum treat Hawk's.

No player is perfect, everyone makes mistakes,sometimes the other team just makes the right call and is successful.

There were a few of times last year that Clay was taken out of the play because he took the inside rush and his responsibility was contain.

Just trying to make a point.

Also I hope you know I am JKing about Ted Thompson.

He did screrw up last year by letting Wells go and signing Saturday, as things turned out, he should have just plugged Dietrich-Smith in as the starter in pre-season and used Saturday's spot for another lineman already on roster.

It's real easy to look back and make this statement, the way it's real easy for some to say "if this guy or if this guy wouldn't have been injured A.J. Hawk would have been gone a long time ago.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

How did Ted Thompson and the Packers screw up by Scott Wells CHOOSING to play elsewhere? How is that someone's fault that he wasn't overpaid? The Packers needed to upgrade the C position. The failure, if any, was Jeff Saturday, not Wells choosing to play elsewhere. This type of false statement that inaccurately puts blame/accountability one the wrong person is nuts.

Again, Scott Wells CHOSE to leave Green Bay! It is not much different than Cullen Jenkins. Both were pissed they didn't get overpaid contract offers BEFORE free agency, got butthurt and LEFT! Some people, and players fail to understand the Packers don't overspend on players! Including A.J. Hawk, whom they felt was worth the money they gave him!

The Packers and Thompson screw up, no doubt, but christ almighty, throwing blame on them for players choosing to play elsewhere is UserPostedImage.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

How did Ted Thompson and the Packers screw up by Scott Wells CHOOSING to play elsewhere? How is that someone's fault that he wasn't overpaid? The Packers needed to upgrade the C position. The failure, if any, was Jeff Saturday, not Wells choosing to play elsewhere. This type of false statement that inaccurately puts blame/accountability one the wrong person is nuts.

Again, Scott Wells CHOSE to leave Green Bay! It is not much different than Cullen Jenkins. Both were pissed they didn't get overpaid contract offers BEFORE free agency, got butthurt and LEFT! Some people, and players fail to understand the Packers don't overspend on players! Including A.J. Hawk, whom they felt was worth the money they gave him!

The Packers and Thompson screw up, no doubt, but christ almighty, throwing blame on them for players choosing to play elsewhere is UserPostedImage.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You read my post wrong, Ted's mistake was SIGNING SATURDAY, not letting Wells leave thru Fa., Ted had no control over Wells leaving, other than offering him more money than he(Ted) thought Wells was worth.

Dietrich-Smith played better than Saturday, he should have been the starter from day one of TC last year.

Again, easy to say after the facts.
DakotaT
11 years ago
Buckeye, were you one of those Sherman/Favre lovers? I really don't remember - but you seem to really have a hard on for TT. You put words into my mouth with your assumptions. All I want is for AJ to live up to his draft status and his contract. If you actually think he has done that, then you don't know shit from shinola.

And as for DD - his declining skills is why I didn't think he should be on the team anymore, nothing to do with his character. How do denigrate his character?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago
PFT  takes a team by team look at who might get tagged:

Green Bay Packers: Receiver Greg Jennings turns 30 in September. In other words, the Packers won’t be using the tag on Greg Jennings. The Packers learned while he was injured in 2012 that they can live without him, and they won’t be inclined to invest $10 million in cap space to a guy who plays a position that, with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, is virtually interchangeable. If the Packers wanted to keep Jennings, they’d be trying to sign him. They’re not, which likely means he won’t be tagged.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

PFT  takes a team by team look at who might get tagged:

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

no. that is a look at who they WON"T tag. [grin1]
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago
So who DO we tag?

Anyone?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

So who DO we tag?

Anyone?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

no one is tagged. make offers to Shields, EDS and Crabtree but no need to tag them.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.