Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
Just a bit of housekeeping on where our picks are lightly penciled in (Trader Ted will be active) and noting the balance of picks are still in the balance.

Packers picks set: Thompson and Packers coach Mike McCarthy will meet with the media Friday.

In the meantime, the NFL officially confirmed where Green Bay will be selecting in the first three rounds of April's draft. The Packers have the No. 26 choice in the first round, the No. 55 overall pick in the second round and the No. 88 overall selection in the third round.

The exact spots of Green Bay's picks in the fourth through seventh rounds won't be determined until compensatory picks have been awarded.

Other Nuggets here.. Trestman and NFCN notes. 

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
I was hoping this thread meant that the comp picks were in.
UserPostedImage
shield4life
11 years ago
Comp picks can't be in until the first FA wave passes threw right?
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

Comp picks can't be in until the first FA wave passes threw right?

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March, based on the free agent activity from the prior year. Based on 2012 Free agent loses vs additions and some other double secret formula for determination. [grin1]

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
play2win
11 years ago
Thanks for posting Pack93z. I like looking at the draft slots compared to the top 100 prospects, looking at those players ranked 5-10 positions lower than our selection in the round. Granted, it doesn't work out in any kind of order due to runs at different positions, etc, but kind of a fun reference.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2013/top-nfl-prospects-for-2013.cfm 

So, just goofin' around, based on those three picks and the top 100 players, it may be possible that we could land

#26 Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia 6-3 351

#55 Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist 6-8 280

#88 Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama 6-2 245

I would love to see this kind of size and ability added to our D. Imagine what those 3 players alone could do for our overall chances at advancing over 2011 and 2012. I bet Capers would love to have the first 3 in the draft fall like this...
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Thanks for posting Pack93z. I like looking at the draft slots compared to the top 100 prospects, looking at those players ranked 5-10 positions lower than our selection in the round. Granted, it doesn't work out in any kind of order due to runs at different positions, etc, but kind of a fun reference.

So, just goofin' around, based on those three picks and the top 100 players, it may be possible that we could land

I would love to see this kind of size and ability added to our D. Imagine what those 3 players alone could do for our overall chances at advancing over 2011 and 2012. I bet Capers would love to have the first 3 in the draft fall like this...

Originally Posted by: play2win 

The list is suspect. They have WR Tavon Austin listed as 25. He is only 5-9. He will never be a solid WR. He will get bumped off his route. Held up at the line. He may be good a returning kicks but he won't be a player as a WR. I would never take him before the 4th-5th round.

Which has nothing to do with your comment. I like the players you mentioned. I see Hunt is falling a little so I would be a little concern as to why. I also don't know if they will go with D on their first 3 picks even if they are the BPA. Maybe Da'Rick Rogers WR in the 2nd. I don't see anyone listed as a C in the first 3 rounds. Other than Barrett Jones who is listed at an OG
UserPostedImage
warhawk
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I like the thought process but can't see Ted Thompson going that top heavy two years in a row on defense. I could see him taking an O or D linemen with the 26th pick but they get so picked over by then I don't know.
I would also say getting Bishop, Smith, and Perry back will help Capers too.

"The train is leaving the station."
play2win
11 years ago

The list is suspect. They have WR Tavon Austin listed as 25. He is only 5-9. He will never be a solid WR. He will get bumped off his route. Held up at the line. He may be good a returning kicks but he won't be a player as a WR. I would never take him before the 4th-5th round.

Which has nothing to do with your comment. I like the players you mentioned. I see Hunt is falling a little so I would be a little concern as to why. I also don't know if they will go with D on their first 3 picks even if they are the BPA. Maybe Da'Rick Rogers WR in the 2nd. I don't see anyone listed as a C in the first 3 rounds. Other than Barrett Jones who is listed at an OG

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Yeah, I think all of the lists are suspect! But, this is just for the F of it.... Kind of fun to think about.

This kid at #88 wouldn't be bad either...

Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida 6-1 246 Bostic has proven steady against the run with 62 tackles, while posting three sacks and two interceptions. Bostic returned one of those interceptions for a TD and also has a forced fumble.

There are others. Personally, I just hope Capers gets what he needs, because he just hasn't had good rush material on the DL or opposite Matthews for a number of reasons. It is going to be great to get Perry back. That's for sure. I can't wait to see what he can do, and I hope he returns from injury and plays well next season. We need him.
doddpower
11 years ago
Nick Perry is exactly the type of big, strong, and fast player most want to see added to the Packers. He is an incredible athlete. Perhaps he will struggle in space for awhile, but who cares. He should be able to be an effective pass rusher, which is what the Packers need the most. Dom Capers should be able to scheme around the rest, especially with CM3's versatility.
play2win
11 years ago

I like the thought process but can't see Ted Thompson going that top heavy two years in a row on defense. I could see him taking an O or D linemen with the 26th pick but they get so picked over by then I don't know.
I would also say getting Bishop, Smith, and Perry back will help Capers too.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

The only problem is counting on getting those guys back. Same could be said for our OL, with Sherrod and Bulaga, though reports on Bulaga are looking decent. However, we have Newhouse. We have EDS. It is not like we don't have the players on our OL. I think they need to be used better, coached better. Also, I think Andrew Datko will surprise people this season.

As for the DL, I think that is another story. Same with our LBs. We can generally count on Matthews. IMO, we need upgrades everywhere else. Having Bish return close to form would be awesome, as would Perry. I think Smith might be done. If I were Ted, I'd hit the DL twice and the LBs twice this draft, along with S. And I wouldn't stop there. I'd load FAs too.

I would take no chances on the improvement of our D. None. I would cover every freaking base. if we had the D, we would have won this year. I think we could have won it all. We just could not stop the run, and we didn't get enough pressure on the QB when it mattered most.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.