TheKanataThrilla
11 years ago
If I am not mistaken his only game film from 2012 has him fumbling in the red zone and kneeling. [grin1]
Packers_Finland
11 years ago
With absolutely nothing to show that he belongs in this league after going undrafted, I doubt any team would even give a conditional 7th rounder for him.
This is a placeholder
doddpower
11 years ago

No shit. šŸ˜† šŸ˜† šŸ˜† šŸ˜†

You, sir, are obviously not a Harrell believer. I am. No sweat. I do find it a bit humorous.

I don't know how you categorize him as one of the worst backups in the league. But, as you say, its silly season.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Part of has to do with the fact he wasn't even able to be a part of the NFL for awhile, meaning no other teams wanted him. Then it's his noodle-like arm and average accuracy. His unimpressive preseason, and mistakes during the only time he was actually needed in the regular season. It's not that I think he's useless, I just saw more potential out of BJ Coleman than Harrell, in the long run. I can understand why Harrell was kept as the #2 this season given the circumstances, but I don't see a lot to work with. At least Coleman has a big arm. All I see out of Harrell is average at best and mostly below average. He also doesn't have any NFL experience to fall back on. Add all of those things together and a team would be hard pressed to have a worse back-up QB. Of course he could make some huge jump this off season, as any player could, but I'm not expecting it. Hopefully Coleman gets the mental part of the game down good enough this off season to take the number 2 spot. He looks like someone that might actually have a chance to be a solid backup. Either way, I'm sure Ted Thompson will have his eyes on some QBs in this draft is they happen to fall a bit. I'm rooting for BJ Coleman, though.
JustJeff
11 years ago

I think Aaron Rodgers might think differently, and probably some pro personnel people.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I don't even know what that means. Aaron might... šŸ¤”

He's been with us three years. Flynn made an obvious quantum leap in that span. Harrell has not.

In the preseason, working against KC's defense - despite being late in the game, KC still had many starters on the field - Harrell looked very good. He posted a perfect passer rating of 158.3, but the one caveat is that it was strictly shotgun, all hurry up, all spread. It's what he did in college.

In the first three preseason games, before the KC game, he struggled mightily. He went 32 of 63 for 261 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. That's barely over 53 for a passer rating.

Any team interested isn't going to look at the four passes he threw in the regular season. They'll look at that preseason tape. He looks great in the gun, but he's shaky at best under center.

UserPostedImage 
rabidgopher04
11 years ago

I don't even think Harrell is the best QB on the Packers roster (Coleman is).

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

Aaron Rodgers is all right too. Maybe in a couple years he'll turn into something.

Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
doddpower
11 years ago

Aaron Rodgers is all right too. Maybe in a couple years he'll turn into something.

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

heh, you caught me! Of course I meant backup QB. Oops!
rabidgopher04
11 years ago

heh, you caught me! Of course I meant backup QB. Oops!

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

Just messing with you! šŸ–
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
RajiRoar
11 years ago
No team outside of GB gives two shits about Grahm Harrell.

He'd be lucky to land on another team WITHOUT costing draft picks to get.

Remember his goal line fumble on his 1st play when Arod got his eye poked? Yeah..

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Mucky Tundra
11 years ago
Why would an NFL team trade a draft pick for a guy like Harrell when they can could get someone like Cousins from the Redskins who actually has experience starting and coming off the bench?
ā€œNah. I like having the island. Itā€™s pretty cool...not too many visitorsā€
UserPostedImage
"Iā€™ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
doddpower
11 years ago

Why would an NFL team trade a draft pick for a guy like Harrell when they can could get someone like Cousins from the Redskins who actually has experience starting and coming off the bench?

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

And don't forget NFL caliber talent. šŸ˜‰
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the menā€™s Big Ten basketball tournament. Letā€™s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsinā€™s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.