nerdmann
11 years ago
Pnews 

Capers’ job status became an issue when the Packers gave up an NFL playoff-record 579 yards in a 45-31 loss to the San Francisco 49ers, a game in which the Packers couldn’t contain 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick as a scrambler or running the read option.

But in his press conference shortly after the season McCarthy gave every indication that Capers would be back in 2013.

It does seem like their personnel fits more of a 4-3 type scheme. Then again they've usually only got 2 guys on the DL anyway.

I have to respect the fact that they're not scapegoating him, like Sherman did to Ed Donnatell.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
doddpower
11 years ago
I can understand him getting another season. However, I hope he is on somewhat of a leash and will be held accountable if his defense crumbles against the elite teams. We all know a Capers defense can beat up on bottom tier teams.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
No shock here. It would have been a shock if they actually cut him loose.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
11 years ago

Pnews 

I have to respect the fact that they're not scapegoating him, like Sherman did to Ed Donnatell.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The cynical part of me says that's exactly why he's being kept around-to draw away from Mike McCarthy if this team belly-flops in the playoffs again
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
gbguy20
11 years ago
While I am not surprised by the move, I will be very annoyed when I get to watch another year filled with the same flaws in strategy we have seen year after year.

edit: im more annoyed that our oline coach hasnt been fired yet.
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago
Nobody's getting fired, The last 4 yrs The Packers have gone 46-17(should be 47-16) in the regular season, 5-3 in the post season, with a Super Bowl vitory.

Do you realize most teams run on 5 year plans, hoping to build a championship team, only to have to blow it all up because of the salary cap.

The Packers have had an amazing run since 1992, having only 2 losing season, those being the year Ted took over and blew up the roster to get back in line with the salary cap, and the 2008 season.

I wish The Packers could go 16-0 every year and win the SuperBowl every year, but unless you are playing Madden, that's just not going to happen.

Philadelphia is going to find out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

Chip Kelly may be a great college coach, but as we have already read, teams are already disecting the "pistol" offense, and by next year the good DC's(Dom included) will have an answer.

This day and age, it's not the most talented team that wins it all, it's the team that gets the hottest in the playoffs. That team was The Packers in 2010, hopefully it will be them again this year.

Who here thinks The Ravens had the most talent in The NFL this year?

The way I look at it is there are 2 ways a GM can do things, go all out in FA, putting your team in cap hell, hoping you catch a little 1 year magic, or a GM can draft and develope.

I'll take the draft and develope method, Ted has done a pretty good job bringing in the players, and the coaches(all of them), have done a pretty good job getting those players ready to play.

The Injuries The Packers incurred last season would have sent most NFL teams right to the bottom of the barrel.

Does anyone realize The Packers at times had 6 rookies on the field on defense at the same time?

Even though it was great to see some of them excell, sooner or later rookies will make mistakes.

On the positive side, the experience they received will only make The Packers better in 2013.

Same with the O-line, as soon as the injuries hit and players had to start shuffling positions, added to the fact that Saturday just wasn't very good, that's when things started to get out of hand.

Nobody's getting fired, some may leave for another job, so if you want the O-line coach to go, maybe you can call up a team that needs one and offer his services!!! 😄
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Nobody's getting fired, The last 4 yrs The Packers have gone 46-17(should be 47-16) in the regular season, 5-3 in the post season, with a Super Bowl vitory.

Do you realize most teams run on 5 year plans, hoping to build a championship team, only to have to blow it all up because of the salary cap.

The Packers have had an amazing run since 1992, having only 2 losing season, those being the year Ted took over and blew up the roster to get back in line with the salary cap, and the 2008 season.

I wish The Packers could go 16-0 every year and win the SuperBowl every year, but unless you are playing Madden, that's just not going to happen.

Philadelphia is going to find out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

Chip Kelly may be a great college coach, but as we have already read, teams are already disecting the "pistol" offense, and by next year the good DC's(Dom included) will have an answer.

This day and age, it's not the most talented team that wins it all, it's the team that gets the hottest in the playoffs. That team was The Packers in 2010, hopefully it will be them again this year.

Who here thinks The Ravens had the most talent in The NFL this year?

The way I look at it is there are 2 ways a GM can do things, go all out in FA, putting your team in cap hell, hoping you catch a little 1 year magic, or a GM can draft and develope.

I'll take the draft and develope method, Ted has done a pretty good job bringing in the players, and the coaches(all of them), have done a pretty good job getting those players ready to play.

The Injuries The Packers incurred last season would have sent most NFL teams right to the bottom of the barrel.

Does anyone realize The Packers at times had 6 rookies on the field on defense at the same time?

Even though it was great to see some of them excell, sooner or later rookies will make mistakes.

On the positive side, the experience they received will only make The Packers better in 2013.

Same with the O-line, as soon as the injuries hit and players had to start shuffling positions, added to the fact that Saturday just wasn't very good, that's when things started to get out of hand.

Nobody's getting fired, some may leave for another job, so if you want the O-line coach to go, maybe you can call up a team that needs one and offer his services!!! 😄

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. There is a 3rd way. A combination of the twp. It is best when you draft and develop with a seasoning of quality FA added to the mix.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
11 years ago
I like Buckeye's way of thinking and feel much the same way. Personnel wise GB puts a good solid team out there year in, year out, capable of winning it all.
The two other variables involved in actually winning it all is injuries and momentum. I'ts a looooong season. If the better teams are fortunate not to lose to many key players they have a chance. Then it comes down to the really mysterious part of playing their best football and being the hottest team at playoff time.

At least three years in a row now we have seen the hottest team with all the momentum win but none of the three were the best teams from beginning to end or even middle to end. Just at the end.

All three coaches over these last few years have been around awhile yet none have any magical syrum they can give the players to become this force at the end of the year. I dare say it's a mystery buried in the dynamics of team sports.

Bottom line is Ted will put a solid 53 on the field that is capable. If injuries don't pile up and they get hot again at playoff time we have as good a shot as anybody and better then most.

"The train is leaving the station."
Rios39
11 years ago
This team does NOT have the personell to be a 4-3 team lol so stoip saying this people.
blank
blueleopard
11 years ago
Actually. They do. It just makes Clay Matthews useless, and I don't think people are gonna accept that.

DE - Perry
DT - Raji
DT - Pickett
DE - Daniels/Worthy
SLB - Hawk
MLB - Bishop
RLB - Matthews/Walden
CB - Shields
FS - Burnett
SS - Jennings/Richardson
CB - Williams/House
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.