buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

That's cause you're not an owner like Gunny and me. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Yea, I am, doesn't change my view of things.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
11 years ago

What you don't understand is this, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHERE ANY PACKER PLAYER WENT TO COLLEGE!!!!!

I root for ANYONE who is on the field, I don't have my favorites, or guys who don't "live up to my expectations"

When are you going to figure it out?

Nobody is perfect, EVERYBODY gets beat now and then, doesn't matter how much they get paid.

You ARE NOT THE GM, you don't determine the worth of a player.
you ARE NOT THE HC,you don't determine how much playing time a player gets.

How many times in the past 3 years has A.J. Hawk been as you say "torched" over the middle?

I am betting less than 5, yet EVERY one of those plays ended up with a new thread being created on this forum, and you NEVER let a chance go by to let it be known how you feel.

I'm sorry you get bothered by how much any player gets paid, that's Ted Thompsons job.

Which playere earned their contract last year????

Hawk or Bishop????

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

5 times in three years, huh? Do you even watch the games? The reason he gets yanked off the field on third down is because he too slow to match up with the new breed of TE. You don't pay top dollar for a linebacker that comes off the field on third down. Just like you don't spend $2M on a 5th or 6th receiver that doesn't play special teams. But yeah Buckeye, I'm the asshole for pointing these things out. You win!
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

5 times in three years, huh? Do you even watch the games? The reason he gets yanked off the field on third down is because he too slow to match up with the new breed of TE. You don't pay top dollar for a linebacker that comes off the field on third down. Just like you don't spend $2M on a 5th or 6th receiver that doesn't play special teams. But yeah Buckeye, I'm the asshole for pointing these things out. You win!

Show me!!!
You're the one who claims to know everything, you have to have the games archived.

I remember 4 or 5 plays in the past 3 years that A.J. Hawk absolutely got beat.

Yes I record almost every game, and then break down those games, because I find it quite enjoyable.

What I don't pretend to be is a GM or a coach, thinking that I can evaluate what a player is or isn't worth.

You're damn right I am right, as usual, hell this has been going on for 5 years, sooner or later you will be right.

Just like the 6th or 7th receiver, sooner or later you will be right, I just enjoy you making an ass out of yourself the 3 or 4 years leading up to the point where you are right.

Sooner or later A.J Hawk will be replaced, not because he hasn't earned his money, but because someone will finally come along who plays the position better and can actually stay on the field.

I've said it before, when that day comes, that's when I start rooting for whoever that player is, my only hope is that it is someone who you also think is overpaid that way I can enjoy you once again staing how "dissapointed" you are.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
11 years ago

Show me!!!
You're the one who claims to know everything, you have to have the games archived.

I remember 4 or 5 plays in the past 3 years that A.J. Hawk absolutely got beat.

Yes I record almost every game, and then break down those games, because I find it quite enjoyable.

What I don't pretend to be is a GM or a coach, thinking that I can evaluate what a player is or isn't worth.

You're damn right I am right, as usual, hell this has been going on for 5 years, sooner or later you will be right.

Just like the 6th or 7th receiver, sooner or later you will be right, I just enjoy you making an ass out of yourself the 3 or 4 years leading up to the point where you are right.

Sooner or later A.J Hawk will be replaced, not because he hasn't earned his money, but because someone will finally come along who plays the position better and can actually stay on the field.

I've said it before, when that day comes, that's when I start rooting for whoever that player is, my only hope is that it is someone who you also think is overpaid that way I can enjoy you once again staing how "dissapointed" you are.

Just rewatch the San Fran and New Orleans games over the last couple years Mr. Archiver. You're the one that makes an ass of himself with your expert "predictions" that are about 20% right. I guess even the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while Buckeye. I struck a chord with you on AJ and DD, get over it Susie and let's move on.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
It's better to put yourself out there and make a prediction than coming back after the fact with brilliant hindsight 'facts'. :)

I still say we shouldn't know who gets what for financial compensation. It serves us fans no purpose.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

It's better to put yourself out there and make a prediction than coming back after the fact with brilliant hindsight 'facts'. :)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

But Buckeye's the person playing GM not me who actually comments on play of the players. Buckeye must be a Republican - do the crime and point to the other guy.

There's is no way Driver should have been on the team in 2012, hell he stood in street clothes half the year, but he collected his salary didn't he? And AJ Hawk should be taking a paycut - right now. He can't be cut because of the contract he signed. Kudos to Hawk's agent, all of Ohio must be rejoicing.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

But Buckeye's the person playing GM not me who actually comments on play of the players. Buckeye must be a Republican - do the crime and point to the other guy.

There's is no way Driver should have been on the team in 2012, hell he stood in street clothes half the year, but he collected his salary didn't he? And AJ Hawk should be taking a paycut - right now. He can't be cut because of the contract he signed. Kudos to Hawk's agent, all of Ohio must be rejoicing.

I don't think saying something about a political party helps anything nor is it relevant. Donald Driver earned his way onto the roster. The guy had the best training camp. I was there, I seen it. I posted about it. Do I think he was worth his salary? Not really, but then again, I'd rather be blissfully ignorant on the salaries of players.

I don't think anyone in Ohio cares about A.J. Hawk's contract. Hawk is a two down linebacker who is assignment sure and lacks sizzle. We all knew this BEFORE the draft, before he was drafted. It was said over and over, he has reached his ceiling, but is a very safe pick.

Hawk is a good linebacker. Is he worth his salary? I think an argument could be made that 95% of the athletes in this country do not have a worth in their salary.

You both have opinion's and that's cool. I think ya guys just need to respect that you disagree and carry on to a new topic.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

I don't think saying something about a political party helps anything nor is it relevant. Donald Driver earned his way onto the roster. The guy had the best training camp. I was there, I seen it. I posted about it. Do I think he was worth his salary? Not really, but then again, I'd rather be blissfully ignorant on the salaries of players.

I don't think anyone in Ohio cares about A.J. Hawk's contract. Hawk is a two down linebacker who is assignment sure and lacks sizzle. We all knew this BEFORE the draft, before he was drafted. It was said over and over, he has reached his ceiling, but is a very safe pick.

Hawk is a good linebacker. Is he worth his salary? I think an argument could be made that 95% of the athletes in this country do not have a worth in their salary.

You both have opinion's and that's cool. I think ya guys just need to respect that you disagree and carry on to a new topic.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well I'm not a bitch, Zero, and if someone insults me I'm going to defend myself. And the fricken guy has been needling me.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Well I'm not a bitch, Zero, and if someone insults me I'm going to defend myself. And the fricken guy has been needling me.

Just expand on this topic. He'll understand. 😛

http://packershome.com/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=15782 

No one thinks you're a bitch. You two just have different opinions. Nothing more.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

A.J Hawk could have been rated the best lb in the NFL over his career and you would find something to "BE DISSAPOINTED" about.

Just because he was a 1st rnd pick.

Stop with your bullshit "spins" and just admit no matter how he plays, he will never live up to your "expectations".

2012 A.J, Hawk was paid 6.54 mil, played every game
2012 D. Bissop was paid 4.25 mil, played 5 ...6 games?

Which player earned their contract min 2012????

Why are you not all over Bishop for being overpaid????
Why are you not all over bishop for not "playing up to his potential?"

I think these comments are completely off the tracks. What Packers fan wouldn't love to see their MLB be one of the best in the NFL? Wouldn't appreciate that? I wish Hawk was in the top 5 or 10 MLBs!!! He's not even that! But, he is paid more than any SF linebacker. WTF?!!!!

I posted unbiased ranking of all LBs and all ILBs in another thread. Hawk didn't rank in the top 50 LBs, and was ranked somewhere around 32-34 amongst ILBs off the top of my head. He is way overpaid.

Hawk burned over the middle only 5 times in the past 3 seasons. Did you have your glasses on? The clear ones?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.