JustJeff
11 years ago

Man it's been a while since I've posted... getting really excited for the draft. I've been scouting some guys on Youtube, so I think I'll give Ted Thompson my advice sometime soon(I am a stockholder and all).

Had a question for some of you other goofballs- What do you guys think of Margus Hunt(SMU, DL)?
"Margus Hunt is an Estonian multi-sport athlete who competes in the discus throw and shot put in addition to playing college football. He is the former world junior record holder in discus throw."

I thought that was kind of cool. He is listed as 275lbs and has had comparisons to Watt because the dude is tall (6'8") and JPP because of his freakish athleticism.

Highlights 

Biggest turnoff that I have found from most experts- He's 25.

Originally Posted by: coltonja 

Here's a full game cut-up of Hunt in the Hawaii Bowl. I prefer whole game cut-ups as you see every snap, not just a highlight reel. Hunt has a few really nice plays, but there's some real ugliness there too.

He seems to jog around on a lot of snaps. He plays way too upright and does so a LOT. His speed is appealing, when he gets to the tackle's outside shoulder, it's over. It's hard to say how often he will do that on Sundays, though.

UserPostedImage 
Yerko
  • Yerko
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
Margus Hunt is a FREAK of an athlete and his combine numbers just added to it. I think he is suited for a 4-3 though. He would get worked in a 3-4 like the Packers run, imo.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
  • Yerko
11 years ago
If Manti Te'o is there at 26 and all defensive/offensive linemen worth a #26 pick are gone....do you take him?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

If Manti Te'o is there at 26 and all defensive/offensive linemen worth a #26 pick are gone....do you take him?

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

yes
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

Doesn't he play inside?

We already have a bunch of slow ILBs.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Yerko
  • Yerko
11 years ago

Doesn't he play inside?

We already have a bunch of slow ILBs.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yes, he is inside.

Question for you without looking...do you think Alec Ogletree (Georgia- ILB) is a fast and explosive player?

UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago
Ogletree is a better pick for us. Manti Teo. I don't like him for first round value. The guy is just slipping in this draft.. I don't know what all the hype was for this guy during the season. If we are looking for a ILB if all else fails in the first round. Take Ogletree. The guy has freakish size and speed. 6-3 242 pounds. Used to play safety so he can cover people. Not many LBs on our team can do that effectively. If Arthur Brown (Nevada) falls to us in the 2nd round take him. IMO we need to take a defensive lineman in the first round. Then a O-Line in the second. Datone Jones (UCLA) or Jesse Williams (Alabama) would be great pickups in the 1st round. Barrett Jones and Travis Frederick are great picks in the 2nd round as well.

My Needs for the draft goes DE,OL,S,ILB,RB,TE,WR
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago

Here's a full game cut-up of Hunt in the Hawaii Bowl. I prefer whole game cut-ups as you see every snap, not just a highlight reel. Hunt has a few really nice plays, but there's some real ugliness there too.

He seems to jog around on a lot of snaps. He plays way too upright and does so a LOT. His speed is appealing, when he gets to the tackle's outside shoulder, it's over. It's hard to say how often he will do that on Sundays, though.

Originally Posted by: JustJeff 

I like him he's in the backfield a lot. He's sky rocketing up boards after his combine performance. I say give him a chance if he's there. There's not a lot of 3-4 DE talent in this draft, and he can fit our scheme. Only thing is his height and his age. But I can live with it.
JustJeff
11 years ago

I wouldn't want him second.

He's got a lot of Nick Barnett in him. He will avoid downhill angles to stay out of traffic. He will flatten out and go east/west to avoid taking on blocks. What happens to a guy like that when a team goes at him? Alabama showed it. They saw him as a chaser and took that away by going directly at him. ILBs in the 3-4 need to play downhill. It's why Bishop was an instant upgrade to Barnett.

Ogletree isn't real fast, but fast enough. He's very downhill and he's very fluid in coverage. He's similar to Bishop, but (as a former safety) he opens his hips and sees coverage much better.

Re: Margus Hunt, I think he's a boom or bust. His skill-set is very much like Ansah. Ansah (basketball background) plays with better lean and therefore better leverage. He looks more like a football player. Hunt (former track guy), produced crazy workout numbers (somewhat expected). NFL personnel people will find the numbers eye-opening, but it won't change many of their minds.
UserPostedImage 
Rockmolder
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: JustJeff 

I'm not that big a fan of him, but I am a fan of a guy called Hunter. WR from Tennessee. 2nd round tag, but I think he'll be gone by the time we pick.

He was one of the most promising prospects, even drawing comparisons to Randy Moss, before he blew out his ACL. When he came back from that, his production didn't return as fast as everyone hoped. Especially the exlosiveness and speed seemed to be gone, together with making some mental errors and dropping the ball from time to time.

He goes to the combine, runs a 4.44, jumps a 39.5 vert and a WR-best 11'6 broad.

And all of that at 6'4, 200.

If anything, that tells you that his exlosiveness is coming back.

The hand issue... I think we can fix that.

If we manage to pick him up in the 2nd, this could be a very, very good receiver for us for a long time... Asuming his knee will hold up.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (1h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (2h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (2h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.