Zero2Cool
11 years ago

If we land Jackson, I view it as a total win, but with a slightly skewed perspective.

If he can't run behind what we have, even Ted and Mike will have to finally acknowledge that they have very major deficiencies in the scheme/coaching/personnel on that line.

If he CAN run behind it, I feel sorry for the rest of the NFL!

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

This is what I am talkin 'bout!
UserPostedImage
steveishere
11 years ago

I still don't get how anybody not named Adrian Peterson would be a game changer considering the lack of performance on the offensive line.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Not everyone is going to be a game changer. A game improver is enough for me.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I still don't get how anybody not named Adrian Peterson would be a game changer considering the lack of performance on the offensive line.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I am ambivalent about Jackson. He certainly has been a 1000 + rusher in all but his rookie season.
However:
1. His production in both rushing and receptions has fallen the past few years.
2. Couple that with his age 29 is ancient in dog years and NFL RBs.
3. And the difficulty the OL has had the past few years
4. πŸ‡²πŸ‡² has been very reluctant to call running plays. either that or πŸ‡¦πŸ‡· has checked to the pass in the run/pass option (no doubt in order to break every record that Brett ever had. πŸ™„

this may mean that he doesn't break 1000 yards rushing this year. I can certainly be wrong. He is an upgrade at the position. (Benson was too until he was injured.)

I just have to wait and see his production before I believe he is the answer fans have been waiting for.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
11 years ago
That Rams O-line has been quite a bit worse than ours has the last couple of years... And Jackson still did a lot better there than our RBs did behind ours.

Why is everyone acting like we've got a Sanders-era O-line up front?

This would be a huge improvement over Benson, who's never been a really good RB. Even with the Bengals he only got over 4.0 ypc just one year.

Harris looked like a good back last year, but his size and playing style would make for a perfect tandem between him and Jackson.

play2win
11 years ago

If we land Jackson, I view it as a total win, but with a slightly skewed perspective.

If he can't run behind what we have, even Ted and Mike will have to finally acknowledge that they have very major deficiencies in the scheme/coaching/personnel on that line.

If he CAN run behind it, I feel sorry for the rest of the NFL!

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Yep. That's IT!!!! I've thought our personnel on the line was better than the coaching and play calling gave it a chance to be. If those dudes can pin their own ears back more and run block, that alone will change the game.

A more balanced offense will help GB put teams away. Control clock. Keep drives moving while our own D gets a blow. More run blocking will wear out all of those pass rush-heavy defenses. I hope this deal gets done, bigtime.

Figure too, by addressing RB with SJax in FA we can focus more of our picks on D in a D heavy draft.
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

The Packers OL isn't THAT bad, damn. They were middle of the pack for rushing last season. That's with what was it, four or five different RB's?

The OL isn't that great, but damn folks it's not High School level. I think DuJuan Harris could suffice as #1 RB with that line, which should be a lot better with Derek Sherrod, Bryan Bualaga and Don Barclay battling for two T positions.

A game changer? The NFL doesn't have too many of those players and yes Adrian Peterson is definitely one of them. There are probably only three game changing RB's in the NFL currently. But a talented RB like Steven Jackson would help the Packers offense a LOT. You remember the players commenting on the cover 2? Guess what, you won't be able to do that nearly as often with a talented threat at RB.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I would say, the Packers Oline has been that bad. Until later in the season. There was a noticeable shift in the run plays we were using, and the type of blocking that was being done. Away from the Outside stretch play, and back to more power running between the tackles.

Since McCarthy showed up and tried to move us to the Outside zone and stretch runs, the oline has been bad at run blocking since. That change turned Tauscher and Clifton and the rest of our line then from Good to less than good. And the shift the last 1/3 of the season or so, and the increase in production with it, just proved to me, that the problem has been the scheme.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Yerko
11 years ago
UserPostedImage

I'm not sure what a 34 year old NBA player is going to do for the Packers, but In Ted We Trust.

πŸ˜›
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago

I am ambivalent about Jackson. He certainly has been a 1000 + rusher in all but his rookie season.
However:
1. His production in both rushing and receptions has fallen the past few years.
2. Couple that with his age 29 is ancient in dog years and NFL RBs.
3. And the difficulty the OL has had the past few years
4. πŸ‡²πŸ‡² has been very reluctant to call running plays. either that or πŸ‡¦πŸ‡· has checked to the pass in the run/pass option (no doubt in order to break every record that Brett ever had. πŸ™„

this may mean that he doesn't break 1000 yards rushing this year. I can certainly be wrong. He is an upgrade at the position. (Benson was too until he was injured.)

I just have to wait and see his production before I believe he is the answer fans have been waiting for.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

We don't need a 1000 yard rusher, we just need to be able to get consistent positive yardage. With the line we have we simply don't have the push to really have a rush-first mentality.
DakotaT
11 years ago

UserPostedImage

I'm not sure what a 34 year old NBA player is going to do for the Packers, but In Ted We Trust.

πŸ˜›

Originally Posted by: G-Force 

Dick!!! - I'm still pissed that hood rat turned Jennings into more of a hood rat.

Good one, from a Cheesey point of view. :)

UserPostedImage
Rios39
11 years ago
He's an everdown back he's not really a speed back but he can break into the secondary. You won't be able to play the 2 deep safeties all game even if the OLine is average and his screen game is on a level we hadn't had in years. Lets hope it's used.

Regardless of what you want to think, you need a starting RB that can carry the load. I'd try to sure up the line more to solidify this move. A good running game keeps your D off the field as well. Jackson and Harris would be a fantastic duo.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (12h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : β€œWe’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#Γ—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
22m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.