DakotaT
11 years ago

I don't see any harm in bringing Grant back for another shot at the roster.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

[palm] 😶 [wallme] [wtf]
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
11 years ago

I don't see any harm in bringing Grant back for another shot at the roster.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

You, my friend, seriously need to hang out at some sites that don't exclusively cater to just Packers fans. There is a whole wide world out there.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

You, my friend, seriously need to hang out at some sites that don't exclusively cater to just Packers fans. There is a whole wide world out there.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I've been critical of Grant, and he does have his limitations, but I think he's worth a TC spot if he's still got something in the tank. Especially with the injuries we annually suffer at the position.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

Well so far Ted is who most thought he would be.

Not gonna get involved in high price FA.

He may sign a couple of 2nd or 3rd tier FA, but nobody who will get anyone on this forum excited.

Next step NFL draft!!!!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Edited original post to keep up with any changes.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
play2win
11 years ago
buckeye, if that was your call, you were dead nuts on. Kudos man!

I was not seeing the light at the time and have since taken another look at the big picture. I've realized Ted's task to keep Rodgers and Matthews is a bit daunting, especially when you consider he will want to do that in such a way that doesn't kick our asses in the future. If in fact that is his plan. It sure looks like it, and I cannot fault him for not being a player in FA this year. Maybe he is looking more 2014-2017 for a NEW window, allowing our previous window to close a bit.

Zero mentioned our shot was 2011 and 2012 and I agree. It didn't happen, so this seems a prudent way to move forward. Run what you have in 2013 while cutting as many high priced contracts as possible, and let the 2013 chips fall where they may.

You were right. I was wrong. I just wanted us to win so badly, 2011, 2012, and now. But, looking at the bigger picture, now may just have to be what it is so that we can have a future window, with more realistic chances to win it all.
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

buckeye, if that was your call, you were dead nuts on. Kudos man!

I was not seeing the light at the time and have since taken another look at the big picture. I've realized Ted's task to keep Rodgers and Matthews is a bit daunting, especially when you consider he will want to do that in such a way that doesn't kick our asses in the future. If in fact that is his plan. It sure looks like it, and I cannot fault him for not being a player in FA this year. Maybe he is looking more 2014-2017 for a NEW window, allowing our previous window to close a bit.

Zero mentioned our shot was 2011 and 2012 and I agree. It didn't happen, so this seems a prudent way to move forward. Run what you have in 2013 while cutting as many high priced contracts as possible, and let the 2013 chips fall where they may.

You were right. I was wrong. I just wanted us to win so badly, 2011, 2012, and now. But, looking at the bigger picture, now may just have to be what it is so that we can have a future window, with more realistic chances to win it all.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Nobody's "right or wrong" here, I just thought it would be fun to put the whole roster down before FA started and see just how close it was at the start of the season.

I am looking at The Ravens right now, they won the SB, signed their QB to a huge contract, but obviously they were not prepared looking at the # of starters that they had to let go.

Ted seems to always be thinking 3 years ahead, Raji,Mathews,Rodgers contracts are all coming up, along with many more players, bringing in players who might or might not make The Packers better just seems to be to much of a risk.

Just read where Ted signed Francois, and let Crabtree go, gotta go update my roster again!!!! lol
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago
Damn, C'mon Ted do something, getting tired of bumping this up with no changes to be made!!!!!!
Bigbyfan
11 years ago
A player I'd like to see the Packers pick up in the 2nd or 3rd round is the Strong Safety out of FIU, Jonathan Cyprien. Haven't really heard much talk about the guy, but he can flat out play. He has good speed, is both a solid tackler and big hitter, and knows how to make plays at the line of scrimmage. Pairing him with Burnett would give the Packers a solid Safety tandem for years to come.

blank
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

Packers | High on current safeties
Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:39:43 -0700

One source close to the team said the Green Bay Packers are high on safeties M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian and Sean Richardson next to FS Morgan Burnett. The team did not pursue high-priced safeties in the free-agent market, surprising some agents. However, the team feels they might have the answer internally.

Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tyler Dunne

http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl/green-bay-packers#ixzz2ODFTYoSR 

I have Ted drafting a safety this year, Bigbyfan, your guy may be the one.
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago
Just updated draft picks adding the 1 extra pick Packers receive.