rabidgopher04
11 years ago

I think he took a stab at the Packers in his little presser. This was funny...

Jennings: "From a football perspective, when you start to age and get years under your belt, you want to go to a team that's a contender."

😆

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Ouch.

Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
11 years ago
.  jennings.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago
Vikings lost a headache and lockerroom cancer in Harvin (who's better than Greg) and gained Jennings, a 1st, 7th and 3rd round draft picks. Yeah, I'd say the Vikings won this deal. Anything stated otherwise (read: from DakotaT) is sour grapes.

Now, there's no more excused for the Ponderholics. If after this season he hasn't shown REAL sign of growth and effectiveness, we all know he won't be the QB of the future in the Sota. Vikings finally got a real #1 WR (which is a first in I can't even remember how long..), teamed up with Rudy, Simpson/Wright and AP (and I'm not even counting the potential draft picks this year). So Christian has weapons at his disposal. And for that reason alone I'm the most excited about this signing.

My initial reaction to the rubes talking last season about wanting Jennings was, "No". Mostly because some of you clowns talking about the washed up Packers going to Minnesota bit. But I didn't think about the positive influence he'll have in the locker room. Something the Vikings didn't have with Percy.

I warmed up to the idea when it was confirmed the Vikings were pursuing him. Didn't get my hopes up because I was indifferent.

Now that he's officially a good guy, I'll put my reservations aside and say I enjoyed his presser (well spoken guy and exuded respect) and love his man-crush on Adrian Peterson.

Lastly, I find it funny that despite the 'great' history the Packers have, and all their great and wonderful championships, their players still find wanting their way out of Green Bay and clamoring to be a part of the Vikings organization- No. Family.

To the purple #15, welcome to the Minnesota Vikings Family! SKOL!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
BaconDrivelMint
11 years ago

Before he warmed up to Leslie Frazier, Rick Spielman and Jared Allen, before he he got used to walking through the building of his one-time rivals and before he was presented with an eight-figure contract, Greg Jennings had a hard time seeing himself playing for the Minnesota Vikings.

JSOnline  wrote:

dfosterf
11 years ago
Did someone mention an 8 figure contract, or was that 8 dancing bears around a giant Paul Bunyan carving singing kumbaya ?
JustinAVA182
11 years ago

Vikings lost a headache and lockerroom cancer in Harvin (who's better than Greg) and gained Jennings, a 1st, 7th and 3rd round draft picks. Yeah, I'd say the Vikings won this deal. Anything stated otherwise (read: from DakotaT) is sour grapes.

Now, there's no more excused for the Ponderholics. If after this season he hasn't shown REAL sign of growth and effectiveness, we all know he won't be the QB of the future in the Sota. Vikings finally got a real #1 WR (which is a first in I can't even remember how long..), teamed up with Rudy, Simpson/Wright and AP (and I'm not even counting the potential draft picks this year). So Christian has weapons at his disposal. And for that reason alone I'm the most excited about this signing.

My initial reaction to the rubes talking last season about wanting Jennings was, "No". Mostly because some of you clowns talking about the washed up Packers going to Minnesota bit. But I didn't think about the positive influence he'll have in the locker room. Something the Vikings didn't have with Percy.

I warmed up to the idea when it was confirmed the Vikings were pursuing him. Didn't get my hopes up because I was indifferent.

Now that he's officially a good guy, I'll put my reservations aside and say I enjoyed his presser (well spoken guy and exuded respect) and love his man-crush on Adrian Peterson.

Lastly, I find it funny that despite the 'great' history the Packers have, and all their great and wonderful championships, their players still find wanting their way out of Green Bay and clamoring to be a part of the Vikings organization- No. Family.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

On March 10, 2005 the Packers released Sharper.

Longwell signed a free agent contract with the Vikings in the 2006 offseason.

He was released by the Packers in 2007 and picked up by the Minnesota Vikings. He was released after the 2008 season.

I guess other then possibly Favre history shows ex packers like to sign with your desperate Vikings cause they figure the green in there pocket will make up for the green they'll miss from putting on that barney uniform. I really don't know what they could be clamoring about. UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

play2win ... remember this when Greg Jennings gets cut and says he'd have given the Packers a hometown discount when being interviewed by a Packers writer lol :P

"According to ESPN’s Josina Anderson, the new contract Jennings agreed to with the Vikings tonight is a five-year deal worth $47.5 million, with $18 million guaranteed. That also includes a minimum value of $27 million over the first three years.

That’s a great deal for a wideout who will turn 30 in September, except for one thing.

The Packers offered him more.

As we noted Wednesday (it only seemed like two weeks ago), the Packers offered a deal worth “roughly $10 million a year,” according to Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com."

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Sorry, but I'm not following you here? Just got out of a 3.5 hr show with Leonard Cohen. Pack offered more but less yrs? Ah well, as soon as I heard his sister's comments, I couldn't help but think half of them were really Greg's. he looked like he wanted out of GB all season. He just will not match his production in GB.

That is a lot of dough. 5 yrs worth.
Nonstopdrivel
11 years ago
I was predicting two years ago on this very site that Greg Jennings wouldn't make nearly as much in free agency as a lot of you guys were insisting he would. Greg Jennings has always been drastically overrated by a lot of Packers fans.

That being said, Packers free agents seem to consistently overrate themselves too. How many consecutive free agents has this been who turned down an offer from the Packers thinking they'd make more on the free market -- and ended up with less than the Packers offered them? Heh, joke's on them. I think a lot of front offices leaguewide understand that there is a major element of synergy at work in the Packers organization; that, in other words, Green Bay's system makes good players look a lot better than they actually are. For that reason, general managers around the league seem to apply a discount to Packers castoffs, and I think they are right to do so.

There are two major reasons why I can see Jennings choosing to sign with Minnesota despite the offer of more money from Green Bay:

1) Pride. Having chosen to take a gamble elsewhere, he didn't want the humiliation of slinking back into the fold. Understandable.

2) Guaranteed money. Knowing Ted Thompson, the Vikings probably offered him more.

There's also a possibility that there really was the schism in the locker room that Valyncia Jennings hinted. Some of the things Jennings has said as far back as 2011 have struck me as peculiar, almost as though he was trying to alienate himself from Packers fans. Contrary to the fantasy a lot of fans seem to have, not everyone even in the Packers locker room likes each other.

Still, these free agents, for all their talk about the "business of football," prove themselves time after time to be pretty unsavvy businessmen. It's probable that Jennings would have made more money in Green Bay than he will in Minnesota, since he's going on 30 and isn't likely to see more than three years of that five-year contract. It's possible, though, that he suspected Thompson was planning to cut him after this season no matter what, in which case he made the right decision.

As for those of you who are blathering about how Jennings is dead to you now, grow up. Seriously. He's a freaking gun for hire, nothing more. He's not your property, and he's not your family either. You owe him nothing, and he owes you nothing in return. He's free to ply his trade wherever he wants without rancor from butthurt fans. It's because of possessive control freaks like you that perfectly good-looking prostitutes end up dead on the streets.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: Formo 

And I find it funny that there is no similar chorus line of Vikings players coming to Green Bay. Why? Because the Vikings suck. Minnesota continually overpays for our used up, worn out talent, in the hopes of chasing the ever elusive trophy.....

When was the last time we signed a former Viking? I cannot recall.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

And I find it funny that there is no similar chorus line of Vikings players coming to Green Bay. Why? Because the Vikings suck. Minnesota continually overpays for our used up, worn out talent, in the hopes of chasing the ever elusive trophy.....

When was the last time we signed a former Viking? I cannot recall.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I agree with all of this, except the insinuation that Greg Jennings is worn out talent. That is not the case. He has become unreliable over the last two years, kind of like Cullen Jenkins before he chose to move to the Eagles, much like Jennings chose to go to the Vikings.

I could see Jennings have one maybe two really solid years. Once Adrian Peterson starts to decline, he'll be cut or have his contract restructured.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.