rabidgopher04
11 years ago

I think he took a stab at the Packers in his little presser. This was funny...

Jennings: "From a football perspective, when you start to age and get years under your belt, you want to go to a team that's a contender."

😆

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Ouch.

Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
11 years ago
.  jennings.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago
Vikings lost a headache and lockerroom cancer in Harvin (who's better than Greg) and gained Jennings, a 1st, 7th and 3rd round draft picks. Yeah, I'd say the Vikings won this deal. Anything stated otherwise (read: from DakotaT) is sour grapes.

Now, there's no more excused for the Ponderholics. If after this season he hasn't shown REAL sign of growth and effectiveness, we all know he won't be the QB of the future in the Sota. Vikings finally got a real #1 WR (which is a first in I can't even remember how long..), teamed up with Rudy, Simpson/Wright and AP (and I'm not even counting the potential draft picks this year). So Christian has weapons at his disposal. And for that reason alone I'm the most excited about this signing.

My initial reaction to the rubes talking last season about wanting Jennings was, "No". Mostly because some of you clowns talking about the washed up Packers going to Minnesota bit. But I didn't think about the positive influence he'll have in the locker room. Something the Vikings didn't have with Percy.

I warmed up to the idea when it was confirmed the Vikings were pursuing him. Didn't get my hopes up because I was indifferent.

Now that he's officially a good guy, I'll put my reservations aside and say I enjoyed his presser (well spoken guy and exuded respect) and love his man-crush on Adrian Peterson.

Lastly, I find it funny that despite the 'great' history the Packers have, and all their great and wonderful championships, their players still find wanting their way out of Green Bay and clamoring to be a part of the Vikings organization- No. Family.

To the purple #15, welcome to the Minnesota Vikings Family! SKOL!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
BaconDrivelMint
11 years ago

Before he warmed up to Leslie Frazier, Rick Spielman and Jared Allen, before he he got used to walking through the building of his one-time rivals and before he was presented with an eight-figure contract, Greg Jennings had a hard time seeing himself playing for the Minnesota Vikings.

JSOnline  wrote:

dfosterf
11 years ago
Did someone mention an 8 figure contract, or was that 8 dancing bears around a giant Paul Bunyan carving singing kumbaya ?
JustinAVA182
11 years ago

Vikings lost a headache and lockerroom cancer in Harvin (who's better than Greg) and gained Jennings, a 1st, 7th and 3rd round draft picks. Yeah, I'd say the Vikings won this deal. Anything stated otherwise (read: from DakotaT) is sour grapes.

Now, there's no more excused for the Ponderholics. If after this season he hasn't shown REAL sign of growth and effectiveness, we all know he won't be the QB of the future in the Sota. Vikings finally got a real #1 WR (which is a first in I can't even remember how long..), teamed up with Rudy, Simpson/Wright and AP (and I'm not even counting the potential draft picks this year). So Christian has weapons at his disposal. And for that reason alone I'm the most excited about this signing.

My initial reaction to the rubes talking last season about wanting Jennings was, "No". Mostly because some of you clowns talking about the washed up Packers going to Minnesota bit. But I didn't think about the positive influence he'll have in the locker room. Something the Vikings didn't have with Percy.

I warmed up to the idea when it was confirmed the Vikings were pursuing him. Didn't get my hopes up because I was indifferent.

Now that he's officially a good guy, I'll put my reservations aside and say I enjoyed his presser (well spoken guy and exuded respect) and love his man-crush on Adrian Peterson.

Lastly, I find it funny that despite the 'great' history the Packers have, and all their great and wonderful championships, their players still find wanting their way out of Green Bay and clamoring to be a part of the Vikings organization- No. Family.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

On March 10, 2005 the Packers released Sharper.

Longwell signed a free agent contract with the Vikings in the 2006 offseason.

He was released by the Packers in 2007 and picked up by the Minnesota Vikings. He was released after the 2008 season.

I guess other then possibly Favre history shows ex packers like to sign with your desperate Vikings cause they figure the green in there pocket will make up for the green they'll miss from putting on that barney uniform. I really don't know what they could be clamoring about. UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

play2win ... remember this when Greg Jennings gets cut and says he'd have given the Packers a hometown discount when being interviewed by a Packers writer lol :P

"According to ESPN’s Josina Anderson, the new contract Jennings agreed to with the Vikings tonight is a five-year deal worth $47.5 million, with $18 million guaranteed. That also includes a minimum value of $27 million over the first three years.

That’s a great deal for a wideout who will turn 30 in September, except for one thing.

The Packers offered him more.

As we noted Wednesday (it only seemed like two weeks ago), the Packers offered a deal worth “roughly $10 million a year,” according to Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com."

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Sorry, but I'm not following you here? Just got out of a 3.5 hr show with Leonard Cohen. Pack offered more but less yrs? Ah well, as soon as I heard his sister's comments, I couldn't help but think half of them were really Greg's. he looked like he wanted out of GB all season. He just will not match his production in GB.

That is a lot of dough. 5 yrs worth.
Nonstopdrivel
11 years ago
I was predicting two years ago on this very site that Greg Jennings wouldn't make nearly as much in free agency as a lot of you guys were insisting he would. Greg Jennings has always been drastically overrated by a lot of Packers fans.

That being said, Packers free agents seem to consistently overrate themselves too. How many consecutive free agents has this been who turned down an offer from the Packers thinking they'd make more on the free market -- and ended up with less than the Packers offered them? Heh, joke's on them. I think a lot of front offices leaguewide understand that there is a major element of synergy at work in the Packers organization; that, in other words, Green Bay's system makes good players look a lot better than they actually are. For that reason, general managers around the league seem to apply a discount to Packers castoffs, and I think they are right to do so.

There are two major reasons why I can see Jennings choosing to sign with Minnesota despite the offer of more money from Green Bay:

1) Pride. Having chosen to take a gamble elsewhere, he didn't want the humiliation of slinking back into the fold. Understandable.

2) Guaranteed money. Knowing Ted Thompson, the Vikings probably offered him more.

There's also a possibility that there really was the schism in the locker room that Valyncia Jennings hinted. Some of the things Jennings has said as far back as 2011 have struck me as peculiar, almost as though he was trying to alienate himself from Packers fans. Contrary to the fantasy a lot of fans seem to have, not everyone even in the Packers locker room likes each other.

Still, these free agents, for all their talk about the "business of football," prove themselves time after time to be pretty unsavvy businessmen. It's probable that Jennings would have made more money in Green Bay than he will in Minnesota, since he's going on 30 and isn't likely to see more than three years of that five-year contract. It's possible, though, that he suspected Thompson was planning to cut him after this season no matter what, in which case he made the right decision.

As for those of you who are blathering about how Jennings is dead to you now, grow up. Seriously. He's a freaking gun for hire, nothing more. He's not your property, and he's not your family either. You owe him nothing, and he owes you nothing in return. He's free to ply his trade wherever he wants without rancor from butthurt fans. It's because of possessive control freaks like you that perfectly good-looking prostitutes end up dead on the streets.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: Formo 

And I find it funny that there is no similar chorus line of Vikings players coming to Green Bay. Why? Because the Vikings suck. Minnesota continually overpays for our used up, worn out talent, in the hopes of chasing the ever elusive trophy.....

When was the last time we signed a former Viking? I cannot recall.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

And I find it funny that there is no similar chorus line of Vikings players coming to Green Bay. Why? Because the Vikings suck. Minnesota continually overpays for our used up, worn out talent, in the hopes of chasing the ever elusive trophy.....

When was the last time we signed a former Viking? I cannot recall.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I agree with all of this, except the insinuation that Greg Jennings is worn out talent. That is not the case. He has become unreliable over the last two years, kind of like Cullen Jenkins before he chose to move to the Eagles, much like Jennings chose to go to the Vikings.

I could see Jennings have one maybe two really solid years. Once Adrian Peterson starts to decline, he'll be cut or have his contract restructured.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (9h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (9h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (21h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (21h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.