JustinAVA182
11 years ago
I happen to come across this tonight.. Sorry if someone has already suggested or brought it up in a different form.

With Graham Harrell and B.J. Coleman backing up Aaron Rodgers, the Packers could be in the market to get a better prospect. Aaron's little brother, Jordan Rodgers, could be the pick in the seventh round to come in and compete for a backup or practice squad role.

Rodgers is slightly undersized, but has a quick, smooth throwing motion that isn't too far away from his brother's. Other than that, it's unfair to the younger sibling to compare him too much to his big brother. Rodgers showed some escapability in the pocket and ability to keep plays alive.

Rodgers needs to improve his footwork and balance when he gets into the league. The Packers coaching staff should be able to work with Rodgers and get that figured out to improve his overall accuracy and consistency.

By Michael Dulka(Featured Columnist) on March 15, 2013

Thoughts?
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago
I think it would be fun to have the Rodgers Bros. on the same team. I wonder how Jordan would feel about that.
nerdmann
11 years ago
It would have to be a cold, calculated business decision, not based on any sentimentality whatsoever.

Although if he went undrafted, Ted would be likely to make him an offer.

Ted drafted Jeremy Thompson, after his brother Orrin Thompson was on the team.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
11 years ago

I wouldn't... (unless it's clearly a great value AND you know he's going to make the team)

Do you really want to make your star and mental leader on the field have to be worrying about if he's brother is going to have a job or not tomorrow? I mean if he's on another team, he should be able to block it out no problem... but if he's right there in front of him, it's harder to block out...?

Rodgers would have to get used to having his brother around, then if he's cut have to get reused to not having him around?

Also Mike McCarthy has talked about he only likes 3 QBs in camp because there isn't enough passes to go around. And only 2 are a lock to make the roster... and the 3rd one might make it or might be cut, and if they're cut another team might claim them.

I see it as kind of asking for trouble.... unless you feel like good things will happen, like his brother will make the final 53 and be his future back-up (or current) back-up if he can beat two guys that already know the system.

I also think B.J. Coleman has all the physical skills but needed a lot of refinement. As many QBs have shown having all the physical Qbs doesn't make you a good QB, but the physical potential is there.

Ted drafted Jeremy Thompson, after his brother Orrin Thompson was on the team.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Jeremy showed potential and moved GREAT for a guy of his size, talent wise he had it. But he wasn't mentally tough enough for the physicalness of the NFL and of course that's more of the most important things.

UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
It would be kool...but it seems as though it would be a tough situation for the player, coaches and management to be put into.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Packers_Finland
11 years ago
I sure hope not. We only keep 2 QBs usually and his chances of making the roster would be slim. I want to see him go somewhere where he has a better chance of sticking around, even if it's as a 3rd/PS QB.
This is a placeholder
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
As the third QB he would be on the practice squad and that's what he'd most likey be anywhere as the third QB. I agree he would have a tough time beating out Coleman, who should be able to win the backup job this year. At least that is my hope.
'
nerdmann
11 years ago

Jeremy showed potential and moved GREAT for a guy of his size, talent wise he had it. But he wasn't mentally tough enough for the physicalness of the NFL and of course that's more of the most important things.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Jeremy had a neck injury and developed stenosis iirc.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackerTraxx
11 years ago

You are correct. It's too bad because he was looking good in camp, according to reports, with the switch to a 34. He was a tweener in the 43. Might have been what we needed across from Clay, but if he had turned out really good maybe we wouldn't have Clay. What if's can drive one crazy...LOL
beast
11 years ago

You are correct. It's too bad because he was looking good in camp, according to reports, with the switch to a 34. He was a tweener in the 43. Might have been what we needed across from Clay, but if he had turned out really good maybe we wouldn't have Clay. What if's can drive one crazy...LOL

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Jeremy Thompson always looked great.... until the pads went on.

Thompson earned the starting 3-4 OLB in shorts.
Then quickly lost it once the pads went on and became last string and ST player.

Thompson had the physical talent, but lacked the mental toughness.

And I know he got the neck injury, but I'm basing his lack of mental toughness (compared to other NFL players) based on him getting a lot worse once the pads came on and they started hitting. That being said, if NFL players start hitting us, I'm sure a number of us wouldn't be charging at them... but that's what DL is asked to do, charge the OL and get to the ball. (or clog the OL and protect the LBers, when asked to play two gaps)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (13m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (52m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.