PackerTraxx
10 years ago
On offense I would like to see Aaron take more of what the defense gives them rather than forcing it downfield. Keep drives alive and keep the defense of the field.

On defense just generally more aggressive. We should have better personnel with Perry back, more experience for our 2nd year players, perhaps Huff, and maybe a draft choice or 2 that can help. Has Woodson signed anywhere yet?
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
I would just like the defense to yield less points than the offense puts up. How? I don't have a clue. Maybe less Ryan Pickett and A.J. Hawk on the field would be a good place to start?
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
On offense-Shorter pass plays and running to control the clock to grind down defenses and less throwing deep into defenses that are just sitting back. The offense looked so much better and "organic" at the end of last year once Mike McCarthy started going to the run more rather than seemingly trying to force a hot streak out of Rodgers and getting him sacked constantly. I hope that with losing Jennings, Mike McCarthy will go with a "less is more" approach to offense.

On defense-less of the 2 DL stuff
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
see above.
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago
I want to see a complete shift to a run oriented power game on offense. Smash the opposing D in the face and wear them out. My feelings all along have been that our personnel on the OL were compromised by falling back into pass blocking sets too often, to the point where we were not as effective in the passing game. I think they are better than they have shown, and I do anticipate EDS will play a big part of our success up front at C.

Most of this is attitude. I want to see this change, so that no one will want to play us. Add a RB to Harris and we can torch the opposition by giving them a heavy dose of both runners, opening up the field for the passing game, while taking the heat off of Rodgers.

As for the defense, I think the only way we improve is by adding personnel on the DL and at S, while hoping our LBs get healthy and improve. I think they should play better with more effective DL play.

Most of this is personnel. Capers simply did not have the players to run an effective 3-4 with all of the injuries we incurred over the past two years.
QCHuskerFan
10 years ago

I want to see a complete shift to a run oriented power game on offense.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

This would be great. Then we can release that useless Rodgers rather than have him take up salary space.

Seriously. We could then stop going to the playoffs and I might ascend on the Season Tickets list at a faster rate.

You have a freaking MVP at QB! Everytime you take the ball out of his hands, the other team benefits. I will agree that the Packers need to improve some in their running game. But to switch over to a run oriented power game? That's a fantasy come true for the Bears, Lions, Vikings, etc.

Unless we are going back to the 1960's? But the last few years rule changes favor the passing game more all the time.

Wish all you want. As long as this team has AR, this is going to be a pass oriented Offense. And that's good. Because I personally like winning games.

Remember the Playoff game against the Vikings last year? 24-3 at the half. MVP Peterson was on the other sideline. Were you worried at all about a comeback? I wasn't. Because a run oriented power game is not designed for big comebacks. That game was over. But if that was a Manning, Rodgers, Brady, or Brees on the other side, there would have been concern.

The Packers are one of 3 teams to be in the playoffs the last 4 years straight. Why would you want to radically change the one thing that has worked well?

nerdmann
10 years ago

This would be great. Then we can release that useless Rodgers rather than have him take up salary space.

Seriously. We could then stop going to the playoffs and I might ascend on the Season Tickets list at a faster rate.

You have a freaking MVP at QB! Everytime you take the ball out of his hands, the other team benefits. I will agree that the Packers need to improve some in their running game. But to switch over to a run oriented power game? That's a fantasy come true for the Bears, Lions, Vikings, etc.

Unless we are going back to the 1960's? But the last few years rule changes favor the passing game more all the time.

Wish all you want. As long as this team has AR, this is going to be a pass oriented Offense. And that's good. Because I personally like winning games.

Remember the Playoff game against the Vikings last year? 24-3 at the half. MVP Peterson was on the other sideline. Were you worried at all about a comeback? I wasn't. Because a run oriented power game is not designed for big comebacks. That game was over. But if that was a Manning, Rodgers, Brady, or Brees on the other side, there would have been concern.

The Packers are one of 3 teams to be in the playoffs the last 4 years straight. Why would you want to radically change the one thing that has worked well?

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

Did they pass that idiotic rule about the runner not leading with the crown of his helmet? Because if they did, that's just gonna encourage MORE AND MORE PASSING.

I'd like Aaron to "take what the defense gives him" more too.

I would also like more beef on our DL. We need to be able to stuff the run. Those are the biggies. Beyond that, I want another dominant OLB and maybe the safeties to emerge as elite players.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Pack93z
10 years ago
I would like to see the offensive line become more physical at the point of attack to all the playbook to become more complete.. I don't want a run based attack, but I want an efficient and viable running threat element to the offense. One in which it can be relied upon consistently to be called upon in all game situations to make the offense a more efficiently balanced attack.

3rd and 1.. we have the utmost confidence they can line up and kick the shat out of the opposition to gain that one yard. Build a lead.. have the confidence in the offense to play ball and control offense to close out games. Defense getting pummeled, allow the offense to flip the time of possession game in our favor and minimize the threat against the defense.

Basically the same premise I wish for yearly.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
10 years ago

I want to see a complete shift to a run oriented power game on offense. Smash the opposing D in the face and wear them out. My feelings all along have been that our personnel on the OL were compromised by falling back into pass blocking sets too often, to the point where we were not as effective in the passing game. I think they are better than they have shown, and I do anticipate EDS will play a big part of our success up front at C.

Most of this is attitude. I want to see this change, so that no one will want to play us. Add a RB to Harris and we can torch the opposition by giving them a heavy dose of both runners, opening up the field for the passing game, while taking the heat off of Rodgers.

As for the defense, I think the only way we improve is by adding personnel on the DL and at S, while hoping our LBs get healthy and improve. I think they should play better with more effective DL play.

Most of this is personnel. Capers simply did not have the players to run an effective 3-4 with all of the injuries we incurred over the past two years.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

You realize we have an elite passer and only 2 road graders for offensive lineman, right? I don't disagree with you, but we are nowhere near having the proper personnel for this kind of radical change.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago
I would like to see better play calling 3rd down on both sides of the ball. Blitz more on defense, and use a heavy package on 3rd and short and pick up the first down. Every time I see a 20+ yard pass on 3rd down, I want strangle McCarthy and Rodgers simultaneously - unless of course they hit it. One of those you stupid son of / good play type of moments. The odds aren't real good going long on third down.

I'd like to see our defense lead the league in red zone defense - a very critical part of the equation to consistently winning.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.