DakotaT
10 years ago

Rough statistics? The only stats I ever post are the ones off of The Packers Home website.
Hmmmmm...I guess they are posting false stats, well you certainly can't trust them.

Fluff media article?
hmmmmm.......Again that article from packers.com, I posted the link so the whole story could be read....AGAIN, since it was published and posted on packerhome.com in January.

So I guess my options are to believe an article from Packers.com with quotes from The HC, and The GM, or believe your yearly unfounded rants and ramblings about A.J. Hawk among others.

I guess if I choose to believe you, that would mean Ted, Mike and pretty much the whole Packer organization is lying to it's fan base.

I have no clue why A.J. Hawk restructured his contract?
According to you he was not a man that had "that type of character". Who was WRONG again?

AJ's starting position is ripe for the pickings? What a prediction from you, the same one for the last 4 years!!!!

As with #80, #25, and others sooner or later you will be right, but that is after you have been WRONG many more times.

You've made your agenda pretty clear here, there are certain players who you will rag on and find fault with until they are gone.

It's just real tiresome to read the same old crap year after year.

I choose to let Ted, Mike, and Co. make the decisions on who and when they play. I choose to support any player who makes the 53 man lineup.

May I suggest that if you don't like the players on the field, then your problem shouldn't be with the player, it should be with Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, and the rest of The Packers organization, they are the ones who decide who gets the chance to play for The Green bay Packers, and how much they get paid.

Now go back to šŸ“ šŸ“ šŸ“ šŸ“ šŸ“ .

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

You should PM your address Buckeye, and I'll send you my AJ Hawk jersey - and you can wear it to his induction to the hall of fame. šŸ™„ But at least he's been on the field, not as disappointing as Justin Harrell. It's real tough being the only Packer fan to be disappointed in a fifth overall pick. What an island I live on. [sarcasm]
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago

I remember most of his interceptions, as well. My point/opinion remains though, that I've never considered him "great" in pass coverage. Not even close.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

He is too stiff in movement to be consistent in coverage.. seems to handle zone drops alright, but not so much in man coverage. My opinion from watching and re-watching the games.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
nerdmann
10 years ago

He is too stiff in movement to be consistent in coverage.. seems to handle zone drops alright, but not so much in man coverage. My opinion from watching and re-watching the games.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Guys like him should take up Yoga.
ā€œWinning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a whileā€¦you do them right all the time.ā€
Pack93z
10 years ago
I think the biggest issue of Hawk.. he isn't Bowman or Willis.. but was drafted at a slot where expectations could never live up to reality.

Boy was that a draft class the was void on the top end of the talent scale comparative to other years.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

I think the biggest issue of Hawk.. he isn't Bowman or Willis.. but was drafted at a slot where expectations could never live up to reality.

Boy was that a draft class the was void on the top end of the talent scale comparative to other years.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I understand that thinking, and agree with your assessment.

Some here forget A.J. Hawk was a 4-3 outside LBr coming out of College, nobody seemed to have any complaints his first 2 years.

Then comes 2009, Barnet gets hurt, Packers ask Hawk to move to ML, never played the position, and despite playing through groin and shoulder injuries(which btw would have put most on IR), Hawk never complained and did the switch. The A.J Hawk sucks threads begin.

2010 Packers change to 3-4, A.J. Hawk is asked to stay inside, once again Barnet gets hurt and Hawk again changes position, takes over the "QB" position, plays the last 16 games(incl playoffs), with what seemed like 15 different LBr's around him due to injuries, solidified the inside position through the SB.

Yet the A.J. Hawk sucks threads continued.

Early 2011 Ted releases A.J. Hawk freeing them of his 10mil last year of rookie contract.
The very next day Ted signs A.J Hawk to a new contract. Why? if he "sucked" so bad as many on this forum have expressed the last 3 years why did Ted Thompson offer him a new 5 yr deal with a 8mil signing bonus?

2012 A.J Hawk plays all 16 games and leads team(or is #2 behind M. Burnett) in tackles, then when asked to takes a pay cut to help out the team(despite some questioning his character), he does. Yet he still "sucks"

Again, and this is not aimed at you Pack93z, if you have a problem with A.J. Hawks performance over the last 3 years, you need to start questioning Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy, they are the ones who made the decision to keep A.J. Hawk.

To get this back to topic, Ted Thompson did with Brad Jones just as he did with most every player, he let him explore FA, from what I have read, there was a lot of interest in Jones from other teams, Ted then had to make the decision whether to let him go or sign him to a contract which would keep him with The Packers.
Unlike Walden, Ted decided Jones was worth the 4 yr. deal he offered.

So when The Brad Jones "sucks" threads start I will remind everyone who made the decision to keep him.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
play2win
10 years ago
Hey, with all due respect buckeypackfan, you have to admit AJ Hawk has not been a TO machine these past two seasons, and that his coverage has been nearly non-existent during that same span.

I don't think he sucks. He actually was great in 2010. He's been admirable in leading the D, leading the D in tackles, and in giving back to the team with his restructured contracts. I'm really hoping he simply does some of those things he did in 2010, more of the things most expect of a top MLB: FFs, FRs, INTs, sacks, TFLs, PDs.
10 years ago
He's not a turnover Machine, he does the dirty work of the Linebackers. Watch the film from the past three years, watch Hawk slam into fullbacks and linemen consistently and watch guys like Bishop and Jones, etc reap the rewards. Yes he has limitations in coverage but how many ILB in the NFL can run man to man with elite tight ends these days? Not many!

I remember watching a game online here where hawk let a guy catch a ball and stopped him for a 2 yard gain (Tennessee in 2008 or 2009 can't remember for sure) and several people where emphatically typing that he blew his coverage when in actuality he was right there on ball the whole time. I would really love some of these"Hawk Haters" to pull up extensive footage of him getting burnt in coverage by anyone other than ELITE tight ends. A guy is not going to stop every catch from being made and Hawk is guy who is always in position and around the ball more often than not.

Some people just need a whipping boy I suppose and AJ has been on the bad end since the beginning it seems (I recall many people calling Abdul "Out of work" Hodge a better option when he was drafted even!).

At this point in time Hawk is starting and until someone is good enough to unseat him BUCKLE up and enjoy the ride because he's here to stay.

nerdmann
10 years ago

He's not a turnover Machine, he does the dirty work of the Linebackers. Watch the film from the past three years, watch Hawk slam into fullbacks and linemen consistently and watch guys like Bishop and Jones, etc reap the rewards. Yes he has limitations in coverage but how many ILB in the NFL can run man to man with elite tight ends these days? Not many!

I remember watching a game online here where hawk let a guy catch a ball and stopped him for a 2 yard gain (Tennessee in 2008 or 2009 can't remember for sure) and several people where emphatically typing that he blew his coverage when in actuality he was right there on ball the whole time. I would really love some of these"Hawk Haters" to pull up extensive footage of him getting burnt in coverage by anyone other than ELITE tight ends. A guy is not going to stop every catch from being made and Hawk is guy who is always in position and around the ball more often than not.

Some people just need a whipping boy I suppose and AJ has been on the bad end since the beginning it seems (I recall many people calling Abdul "Out of work" Hodge a better option when he was drafted even!).

At this point in time Hawk is starting and until someone is good enough to unseat him BUCKLE up and enjoy the ride because he's here to stay.

Originally Posted by: FLORIDA PACKER88 

Hawk is limited, because he doesn't juice.

He sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber, but he won't take the juice.
ā€œWinning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a whileā€¦you do them right all the time.ā€
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: FLORIDA PACKER88 

Careful FP88, "The Labeler" is gonna get you. šŸ˜†

Don't bring facts into conversations about A.J Hawk, it will only bring the wrath of those who are "never wrong".

You obviously had to be an Ohio native at some time and migrated to Florida.
No way can someone NOT from Ohio say such positive things about A.J. Hawk.

Back to the topic, kind of not right. Brad Jones is getting paid more than Hawk on paper "this year", only because Hawk has already received his signing bonus money.

Jonesā€™ three-year deal averages $3.75 million and pays him $4.5 million this year in the form of a $3 million signing bonus, $1 million salary, $300,000 roster bonus and $200,000 workout bonus.

Base salary 2013 1mil Jones, 3.5 mil Hawk
Base salary 2014 2.5mil Jones, 3.6mil Hawk
about the same for 2015

Funny the guy who can't seem to stay on the field is currently the highest paid ILBr on the team.
Bishop is the Packersā€™ highest-paid inside linebacker at an average of $4.5 million.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
10 years ago

Careful FP88, "The Labeler" is gonna get you. šŸ˜†

Don't bring facts into conversations about A.J Hawk, it will only bring the wrath of those who are "never wrong".

You obviously had to be an Ohio native at some time and migrated to Florida.
No way can someone NOT from Ohio say such positive things about A.J. Hawk.

Back to the topic, kind of not right. Brad Jones is getting paid more than Hawk on paper "this year", only because Hawk has already received his signing bonus money.

Jonesā€™ three-year deal averages $3.75 million and pays him $4.5 million this year in the form of a $3 million signing bonus, $1 million salary, $300,000 roster bonus and $200,000 workout bonus.

Base salary 2013 1mil Jones, 3.5 mil Hawk
Base salary 2014 2.5mil Jones, 3.6mil Hawk
about the same for 2015

Funny the guy who can't seem to stay on the field is currently the highest paid ILBr on the team.
Bishop is the Packersā€™ highest-paid inside linebacker at an average of $4.5 million.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Did you get too many purple nurples as a kid that makes you act like such a pansy about Hawk? Hawk has earned his criticism, and all of us have given him his accolades when earned. Let it go, Uncle Ted will decide when Hawk gets his pink slip, and we'll all send you sympathy card. šŸ™„
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the menā€™s Big Ten basketball tournament. Letā€™s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsinā€™s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.