Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
13 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#41 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 1:51:30 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 455

Guess I can put Jermichal Finley on the 53man roster.
Packers paid him his money today.
With Donald Driver and Greg Jennings both gone, JM will probably be asked to do more, I just hope he doesn't turn into one of those chatty diva types.
Laughing
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#42 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:41:32 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

"According to Matteo Gandini of Sportitalia, former University of California kicker Giorgio Tavecchio has signed with the Packers. The move was also confirmed by John Breech of CBSSports.com."

A little competition in TC doesn't hurt, but in the end Mason Crosby will probably be The packers K.
I'm adding Tavecchio to the roster for now.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#43 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 2:40:27 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Added Loyce Means to roster, did not put him on 53 man, added him to players who will be fightning for roster spot.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:12:36 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Just saw where Zombo has signed with The Chiefs, depth at LB is getting thin in Green Bay.

Message modified by user Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:27:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Pack93z  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:19:47 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Just saw where Zombo has signed with The Cardinals, depth at LB is getting thin in Green Bay.

This is not a huge concern, IMO.. Zombo and Walden were both inconsistent players in their time here.. I would rather plug in a couple rookies or street free agents later in the game than continue to hope either become the answer.

We have decent numbers yet at the edges..

Matthews
Perry
Moses
Johnson

Couple that with a draft pick, a couple UDFA's and maybe a veteran later.. we will be fine. Baring a run on injuries again that is.

Personally, I think Moses really jumps in development and becomes a strong #3 at the edges.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 4/3/2013(UTC), DakotaT on 4/4/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:58:58 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

I'm almost leaning toward Ted Thompson trading down in the draft and gaining an extra lower round pick as long as we get in the top 40.
I would assume doing so would add an additional low 3rd round pick. I am guessing trading #26 for say #37 would require that team giving up their 3rd round pick.

I say this because on about any mock I see there are plenty of good players that would be there at #33 to #39 and adding a low 3rd round pick would give Ted 4 players between rounds 2 and 3.
I would love to see an OL, DL, Safety, and RB used for these picks and can see several pretty darn good players that would be around.

It seems like we can't keep our 1st round guys on the field (Perry, Sherrod, Bulaga) so maybe Ted Thompson should just bypass that round. It also makes sense in that this would be capitalizing on a deep draft.

Don't know who the trade partner for Ted would be but with all these veteran QB signings maybe one would jump in for one at #26 that wouldn't go earlier with an experienced QB on the team.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline DakotaT  
#47 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:17:25 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,365

You might get your wish Warhawk if one of those quarterback desperate teams wants to trade up. None of the 2013 quarterbacks are worthy of a top twenty pick, but there may be a run on them in the late twenties.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#48 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 12:52:25 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

I put this guy in FA signing, fighting for roster spot category. Depending on what Ted does in draft, there just may be room for him on the 53 man roster.

The Green Bay Packers signed free-agent TE Matthew Mulligan (Rams) to a one-year contract Sunday, April 7, his agent confirmed.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team...ay-packers#ixzz2Pu490yu3
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#49 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:50:08 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Evan Dietrich Smith sign his free agent tender, will go into camp as starting C.

Most have predicted that Ted will look for a C in the draft, only if he drafts one within the 1st 2 rounds do I see any camp competition for EDS.

He probably should have started from day 1 last year, but that is ancient history, hopefully Mike & co. plug 5 guys in early, keep them together, and hope for no major injuries.

Offline nerdmann  
#50 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:19:49 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,698
Applause Received: 661

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Evan Dietrich Smith sign his free agent tender, will go into camp as starting C.

Most have predicted that Ted will look for a C in the draft, only if he drafts one within the 1st 2 rounds do I see any camp competition for EDS.

He probably should have started from day 1 last year, but that is ancient history, hopefully Mike & co. plug 5 guys in early, keep them together, and hope for no major injuries.

We can get by with EDS, but he's nothing special. He's a great backup for the interior line.

I think Van Roten would be backing him up, no? This is a position at which we could use an upgrade.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed