Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:14:45 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,356
Applause Received: 3,646
Thanks. And I might have to. This is getting really discouraging to keep the site going. Every single morning, more accounts, more spam. I don't know why. We are not that high traffic of a site to start with.

Edit, and I also go to delete them from Facebook and Twitter also because I don't have enough things to do. I'm not even sure it's worth it anymore.
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:32:42 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,567
Applause Received: 1,801
yeah some guy was whining about it on FB a couple of days ago. Let him do all the work.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:50:08 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
I'm disabling registration for new members. Screw it, I'm done doing this. I'll have to think of a better way to stop the spam, but deleting it everyday, I am done.
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:48:20 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 176
Applause Received: 110
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
yeah some guy was whining about it on FB a couple of days ago. Let him do all the work.

Could you be talking about Me???? Here is my original quote from my facebook post. "PackersHome mods,could we get these spammers blocked please." I wouldn't call it whining,more like espressing concern.It just pisses me off that that some people have nothing better to do than waste the mods valuable time with such worthless B.S. that no one in there right mind would interested in. Trust me,you wouldn't want me trying to do any computer work for the site. My computer skills leave a lot to be desired.
Offline rabidgopher04  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:37:12 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 132
Applause Received: 158
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm disabling registration for new members. Screw it, I'm done doing this. I'll have to think of a better way to stop the spam, but deleting it everyday, I am done.

Have you tried CAPTCHA?
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:41:05 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,567
Applause Received: 1,801
SINCITYCHEEZE said: Go to Quoted Post
Could you be talking about Me???? Here is my original quote from my facebook post. "PackersHome mods,could we get these spammers blocked please." I wouldn't call it whining,more like espressing concern.It just pisses me off that that some people have nothing better to do than waste the mods valuable time with such worthless B.S. that no one in there right mind would interested in. Trust me,you wouldn't want me trying to do any computer work for the site. My computer skills leave a lot to be desired.

SCC,

there was suppose to be a smilie face wink after that comment. I was in a hurry to get to the hospital and be with my wife.

Sorry I didn't mean any offense. I actually had changed how I phrased the post and still didn't get it the way I intended.
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:52:52 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 176
Applause Received: 110
No worries WPR. These spam a-holes just piss me off too. Wish we could find a way to RickRoll them to internet hell!!!!
Offline macbob  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:13:23 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2016PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 311
Have New Members have to answer a trivia question before being allowed to post?

Something like, who was the best Packers QB ever? :-"
Offline Wade  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:50:55 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 887
Applause Received: 903
macbob said: Go to Quoted Post
Have New Members have to answer a trivia question before being allowed to post?

Something like, who was the best Packers QB ever? :-"

It's a tie:
1a. Frank Patrick.
1b. Jim Del Gaizo.
1c. Carlos Brown.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:54:24 PM(UTC)

United States
Sorry about the spam. Believe me, I try my best to make sure none of you see it. This last attack was quite ruthless. I think it was eight users registered to spam over night. Typically it's between 2 - 4 and one or two posts each.

New registrations are disabled until a satisfactory resolution can be discovered and implemented.

Edit, yes captcha is used and requires I believe 9 digits. A question/answer is not in the software. I am going to see about creating a tool to do just that. The problem though is these are human's, not bots that are doing this. Why are they choosing a Packers fan site for kitchen stuff? No clue.
Rss Feed