wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago
Here are a few photos of my wife and I in St Lou this past weekend.

We went to the game Friday night. It was a tribute to Stan Musial. There was a group playing "Take Me out to the ball Game" on their harmonica's. We all got one with Stan's name on it.

It was pretty cold. About 45 degrees with a 20 mile an hour wind. I had several layers on and wished I had more.

We were in the park about a hour before the start and there was almost no one there. So different than a Packers game.

A great many people around us were more interested in talking than watching the game. Many left early despite the game being very close. (Ended up being 2-0.) Maybe it was the cold.  0412131853a.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  0412131853b.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  0412131759.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  0412131758a.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  0412131735.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
BREWERS WON BREWERS WON!! Best of all, Ryan Braun paved the way for the win!!!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago

BREWERS WON BREWERS WON!! Best of all, Ryan Braun paved the way for the win!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I am not done putting pictures on but I will say this- The crowd booed him in the first inning of every game then kind of ignored him until the 8th or 9th inning.

Braun for the first two games:
Friday 0-4 3 strikeouts
Saturday 0-3 3 strikeouts. He was doing so bad they pulled him out of the game.
Sunday 1-5 1 hr 2 rbi but he still left 5 runners on base

I will take this every series all year long.

For Kevin:

Braun's first strike out against Wainwright on Saturday. I took it knowing he was struggling at the plate and he would do something before the weekend was over but his ineptitude would outweigh his few successes.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago
Saturday's game was a 3:15 start. they gave a way a very cheap replica jersey. People went ape over them. There was a line 3 blocks long. Since I got a decent one when I ordered football jerseys with Kevin and Co I will use that one when I paint or slop hogs or something.

The view from outside the stadium was from our hotel room. They are working on commercial development in the lot. Stores, restaurants. Anheuser will have something.

Once again we got in early. Because it was a little warmer and people wanted the jerseys there are a few more people in the stands.

We had the Uecker seats. There was a little breeze that hit us in the back. I didn't mind it too much but we were in the shade so it was a little chilly at times for me. Rhonda loved it.  0412131744.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago
A few scenes from the park Arch and the museum below.

I love the photo of Neil Armstrong and the stagecoach.

She has her morning cup of coffee and some sunshine along with her son's jacket. Life is good.

I offered to take a photo of some others in the park so the guy who took ours dropped onto the steps to get the top of the arch into our picture. We laughed.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago
I knew dad didn't have many years left so I wanted my brother's and sister to go in and buy him a brick paver outside the new stadium. They went and got him something else. When he heard what my plan was he loved it. He wanted my name on it too. (I suppose it makes it seem less like a tombstone that way.) It was up to me to come up with the wording. I tried to keep it from looking like a tombstone. We are both older than the ages on the paver. The dates are the years we each decided to follow the team.

I took a picture of the event that caused Dad to follow the Cardinals.

A few of the statues outside the park.

0414130940.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  0414130941.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  0414130947.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  0414130947c.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

I am not done putting pictures on but I will say this- The crowd booed him in the first inning of every game then kind of ignored him until the 8th or 9th inning.

Braun for the first two games:
Friday 0-4 3 strikeouts
Saturday 0-3 3 strikeouts. He was doing so bad they pulled him out of the game.
Sunday 1-5 1 hr 2 rbi but he still left 5 runners on base

I will take this every series all year long.

For Kevin:

Braun's first strike out against Wainwright on Saturday. I took it knowing he was struggling at the plate and he would do something before the weekend was over but his ineptitude would outweigh his few successes.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Let's play a game. I'll give you a quote, you tell me who said it...

"It's very emotional, it's telling family members, friends and coaches, you know, it's former teammates to try to get ahold of, you know, that I'm coming clean and being honest. It's the first time they've ever heard me, you know, talk about this. I hid it from everybody."

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago
I absolutely love it! You are finally equality the cheater Braun with the cheater McGwire. That is the first step toward recovery. Admitting Braun is a cheating douchebag and deserves to be punished.

For the record, I knew McGwire cheated when he was with the Cardinals and I had no respect for him then or now. My Dad and I had many discussions about how I felt about him.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago
BTW, I didn't boo Braun in any of his plate appearances.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

I absolutely love it! You are finally equality the cheater Braun with the cheater McGwire. That is the first step toward recovery. Admitting Braun is a cheating douchebag and deserves to be punished.

For the record, I knew McGwire cheated when he was with the Cardinals and I had no respect for him then or now. My Dad and I had many discussions about how I felt about him.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

No sir. I simply think it is hypocritical to continue labeling Ryan Braun something he is not, while your team proudly supports a cheater on its team. [grin1]
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (41m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.