Zero2Cool
10 years ago
David Bakhtiari | Tackle | Colorado | 6'4" - 300 lbs.

Biography
NOTE: He declared his eligibility for the NFL Draft on January 7, 2013, forgoing his senior year of eligibility.

AT COLORADO: 2012 (Jr.)—He earned second-team All-Pac 12 honors from the league coaches for a second straight year, also tabbed second-team by Phil Steele’s College Football and collegesportsmadness.com. He was a first-team All-Colorado performer as selected by the state’s chapter of the National Football Foundation for the second time as well, and he was the co-recipient of the John Mack Award as the team’s most outstanding offensive player. CU’s beat media also selected him as the co-winner of the Best Interview Award. He started 11 games at left offensive tackle (missing the Oregon game with a slight knee sprain, though he traveled and tried to make a go of it in pregame). He graded out as the team’s top lineman at 89.8 percent, with 655 “plus” plays out 729 total. He was second on the team in “will-breaker” blocks with 41 (similar to pancakes, but tougher to earn), allowed just two-and-a-half quarterback sacks and only one pressure, with two direct touchdown blocks and over three dozen downfield blocks. He graded out above 80 percent in all 11 games he appeared, with a season-best of 92.5 percent grade against Washington State. He was on the official watch lists for both the Outland Trophy (one of 18 offensive tackles and 71 players listed overall) and the Lombardi Award (one of 128 on its list). Phil Steele’s College Football placed him on its preseason first-team All-Pac 12 squad and ranked him as the No. 29 tackle in the nation, while Athlon’s, Blue Ribbon Yearbook, ESPN.com and Lindy’s Sports also selected him on their first-team All-Pac 12 units.

2011 (Soph.)—He earned second-team All-Pac 12 honors from the league coaches, Phil Steele’s College Football and collegesportsmadness.com, was a second-team sophomore All-American by collegefootballnews.com and a first-team All-Colorado performer as selected by the state’s chapter of the National Football Foundation. He started 11 games at left offensive tackle; he suffered a severe knee sprain on just the seventh offensive play of the game in the season opener at Hawai’i and missed the next two games (Cal, CSU). He graded out to 84.4 percent for the season, second highest of all the offensive linemen (532 plus plays out of 630 total snaps), he had 21 “great effort” blocks, two touchdown blocks and 12 downfield blocks while allowing just two quarterbacks sacks and three pressures; he was called for just one penalty all year. His top game grade was 90.4 percent at Ohio State, his first game back after the injury, and graded out to 80 percent or better in nine of his 11 games. He entered the fall atop the depth chart at left tackle, as he switched over from the right side where he played as a redshirt freshman; he basically was groomed to replace CU consensus All-American and Outland Trophy finalist Nate Solder on the left side.

2010 (Fr.-RS)—He played in all 12 games, starting 11; he did not start against Texas Tech, but did play 24 snaps. He earned honorable mention Freshman All-America honors from collegefootballnews.com, and was an honorable mention All-Big 12 performer by the Associated Press; the state’s chapter of the NFF/College Hall of Fame selected him second-team All-Colorado. He played the third most snaps on offense, 796, trailing Nate Solder and Ryan Miller, and with 715 “plus” plays, he graded out to 89.8 percent for the year, second best among the O-lineman (behind Solder’s 94.3). He graded out to 80 percent or higher in all 12 games, and 90 percent or greater seven times. He had 59 finishing/knockdown blocks, fourth on the team (eight versus Iowa State was his single-game high), with three touchdown blocks, tied for the third-most. He allowed just one quarterback sack and seven pressures, but was flagged for six penalties, most early in the season when he was getting his feet wet. He had five or more finish/KD blocks on eight occasions, and his best single-game grade of 94.7 percent came in a dominant performance against Kansas State (71 plus plays out of 75 total). At Kansas, he recovered a fumble after a quarterback sack and returned it seven yards, reducing a 13-yard loss to six.

2009 (Fr.)—Redshirted; he practiced on the offensive line the entire fall.

HIGH SCHOOL—A two-year letterman in football, he was named honorable-mention All-Western Catholic Athletic League (WCAL), All-Metro (Bay Area) and All-San Mateo County as a senior when the team finished 8-4 under Patrick Walsh and won the WCAL championship while making it to the state semifinals. He was honored by the Bay Area News Group as a member of the 2008 Cream of the Crop team among senior football players, ranking No. 8 out of the 25 players from northern California selected on college potential after a survey of college coaches. His senior season was his first as a starter on the football field at any level. Most memorable games include Sacred Heart when he held highly touted senior Kevin Greene to no sacks and just a pair of tackles in a 42-14 victory, against De La Salle when Junipero Serra lost 29-28 but it was to one of the top teams in the state and against Gilroy when he had at least eight pancake blocks. He has also lettered twice in lacrosse as a sophomore and junior (lacrosse is played in the spring), winning the Lock Down award as the team’s top hitter. He captained the team as a sophomore and played since seventh grade but Junipero Serra only added the sport his sophomore year.

ACADEMICS—He is majoring in Communication at Colorado. He earned second-team Academic All-Big 12 honors as a redshirt freshman.

PERSONAL—He was born Sept. 30, 1991 in San Mateo, Calif. He considers himself a gym rat, enjoying lifting, basketball, swimming, waterskiing and snow skiing. His oldest brother, Eric, was a defensive lineman at the University of San Diego and is in the NFL with the Tennessee Titans. Another older brother, Andrew, is a junior defensive end at USD. An uncle, Dan Jackson, played quarterback at California. He wants to return to California after graduation to work with and eventually take over his father’s (Karl) real estate business. One of his two middle names is unique: Afrisiab. (Last name is pronounced Bock-T-are-E.)
UserPostedImage
Since69
10 years ago
Seems like a good pick. I liked Quessenberry's versatility, but Mayock had this guy ranked higher...
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago
OK. I like that he's an experienced LT. Good for the run game, and for protecting our $110,000,000 man...

Strong and plays with a punishing attitude. Quick first move off the snap and ability to seal off the lane for running backs. Ability to close off the inside, not allowing defenders to get to the quarterback. Uses his long arms to engage and stave off pash rushers. Shows some 'nastiness' and looks to knock his defender to the ground. Has leadership qualities and is a student of the game.

Pre-season watch list for Outland and Lombardi awards as a Junior! This guy is young, with room to grow, and great experience.
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago
Gotta love dat hair.
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
Seems a little light in the seat. Perhaps he can throw on 15lbs
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Dulak
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

agreed - figured we'd get 2-3 OL somewhere with these 10 picks
SINCITYCHEEZE
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Most people gain 15 lbs just crossing over the border into Wis.😝

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago
I've heard he practiced at C at the Senior Bowl!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
Someone at Mayock & Co thought he would slide over to G or C.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago
Bacteria is going to be our next center, just a matter of time. LT will be between Newhouse, Sherrod, and Datko.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.