sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
10 years ago
Since I am rather new here I will be the first one to extend an olive branch of peace. I do not know most of you the way you know each other but in the short time I have been here I can see that the level of football knowledge, on average, is much higher than the CBS boards where I had spent most of my time. I've read several threads and posts here that I disagree with and I have made several posts that have prompted a lot of discussion and disagreement and not always in a good way. For the most part that is not a problem for even the disagreement has been more civil here.

It is obvious that draft time is an emotional time for many fans. It isn't for me because though I love the Packers I do not live and die by them. I choose not to let myself get worked up over something I can't control. I may not agree with everything that goes on and I will voice that disagreement but it just isn't worth as much effort to me as it is for some of you. That may come across as dispassionate to some but the behavior that I see as opposite seems to me to be over-zealousness. Different people react to different situations in different ways. I know that most of the comments I disagree with are made from the heart and with honest intent toward the good of the Packers. All of us want what is best for the Packers and it is obvious that we have differing opinions on what that is. None of us is really right, but the thing is none of us is really wrong either.

Like I said, we will not always agree but if anything I have said has been taken as a sign of disrespect I apologize. I do not know any of you personally, at least I don't think I do, and I would hate for comments on an anonymous website to be the cause of two Packers fans not getting along should we happen to meet on the street or in a Packer bar somewhere. The last thing I would want is for us to be enjoying a half of Packers football together and then for one of us to discover who the other one is on this, or any other site, and have that be the thing that defines the common ground we share.

Go Packers
Green & Gold forever

P.S. if any of you recognize me from the old CBS site and some of the discussions that went on there a few years back with one E. Wolf you may be wondering about the Green & Gold forever line. Let it be known that it has always been Green & Gold to me, I just couldn't resist pushing his buttons. And Wolf, if you are reading this, stop in and say hi.

dfosterf
10 years ago

Since I am rather new here I will be the first one to extend an olive branch of peace. I do not know most of you the way you know each other but in the short time I have been here I can see that the level of football knowledge, on average, is much higher than the CBS boards where I had spent most of my time. I've read several threads and posts here that I disagree with and I have made several posts that have prompted a lot of discussion and disagreement and not always in a good way. For the most part that is not a problem for even the disagreement has been more civil here.

It is obvious that draft time is an emotional time for many fans. It isn't for me because though I love the Packers I do not live and die by them. I choose not to let myself get worked up over something I can't control. I may not agree with everything that goes on and I will voice that disagreement but it just isn't worth as much effort to me as it is for some of you. That may come across as dispassionate to some but the behavior that I see as opposite seems to me to be over-zealousness. Different people react to different situations in different ways. I know that most of the comments I disagree with are made from the heart and with honest intent toward the good of the Packers. All of us want what is best for the Packers and it is obvious that we have differing opinions on what that is. None of us is really right, but the thing is none of us is really wrong either.

Like I said, we will not always agree but if anything I have said has been taken as a sign of disrespect I apologize. I do not know any of you personally, at least I don't think I do, and I would hate for comments on an anonymous website to be the cause of two Packers fans not getting along should we happen to meet on the street or in a Packer bar somewhere. The last thing I would want is for us to be enjoying a half of Packers football together and then for one of us to discover who the other one is on this, or any other site, and have that be the thing that defines the common ground we share.

Go Packers
Green & Gold forever

P.S. if any of you recognize me from the old CBS site and some of the discussions that went on there a few years back with one E. Wolf you may be wondering about the Green & Gold forever line. Let it be known that it has always been Green & Gold to me, I just couldn't resist pushing his buttons. And Wolf, if you are reading this, stop in and say hi.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Don't worry about the responses, it's all passion right about now. For example, Fucking Pack 93z HAS NO FUCKING CLUE how good Lacy is going to be for us. (this is a joke at this point, lol)

It's all good, I swear. Nice of you to be concerned. I have to applaud that.
Formo
10 years ago
Who IS this guy? Never posts outside of the Packer talk forum, therefore, must not be serious. 😛
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
hey sschind as I said on the other thread sorry if I was getting a little snarky. I try not to get too emotional over this things. Draft day is a little like Christmas. GB gets a whole bunch of new toys. It can be fun. I suppose I like great big toys and not a bunch of little ones (underwear and socks.) Yeah we need them too but they are not fun. Well maybe the ones I use to buy for me wife but that is another story that I won't go into.

I am glad you are going to stick around and get to know are idiosyncrasies a little better.

Edit- It has been a long day and I do not remember if I said it already. I use to be one of the first to spout the mantra that ted knows what he is doing and we know nothing at all. I rarely follow college ball so I know next to nothing about a player from Washington St or Nevada or U Conn. I didn't mind the players he got. The only thing that frustrated me was the trading back 3 times in the 3rd. It seemed excessive to me. And what he got for the moves were 7th round picks. I wouldn't have minded it so much if he gotten better rounds next year for the trades.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago

Don't worry about the responses, it's all passion right about now. For example, Fucking Pack 93z HAS NO FUCKING CLUE how good Lacy is going to be for us. (this is a joke at this point, lol)

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

LOL... I hope I am incorrect.. but that was about the only player I did not want on the club. Only blessing is that we didn't spend a 1st on him.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Eddie Lacy is going to be a bust compared to Johnathan Franklin. Why do you not see this? The guy has bust tattooed on his chest, did you miss that? Geez ya geezer.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

and I would hate for comments on an anonymous website

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Two things. I wouldn't worry too much about offending many with your Packer opinions. I have been on this site probably as long as most others and rarely do I see bitterness carried over to the next day. Yes, Eddie Lacy was a wasted pick, but so what. It's not like the Packers used a pick missing out on the greatest runner of all time, Barry Sanders.

As for this being an "anonymous website" ... F U! haha lol ... it is PackersHome.com thus it cannot be anonymous! :P

UserPostedImage
Porforis
10 years ago

Two things. I wouldn't worry too much about offending many with your Packer opinions. I have been on this site probably as long as most others and rarely do I see bitterness carried over to the next day. Yes, Eddie Lacy was a wasted pick, but so what. It's not like the Packers used a pick missing out on the greatest runner of all time, Barry Sanders.

As for this being an "anonymous website" ... F U! haha lol ... it is PackersHome.com thus it cannot be anonymous! :P

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

What he's saying is, that he's the site admin and has your email address, mother's maiden name, and a DNA sample.

Also, he's right about offending people with opinions. People might say that your opinion's flat out wrong if they really really disagree with you, but unlike... other message boards, you're not going to get any "LOL dude you're retarded1!11shift+one" here. Besides, it's always nice to get a fresh perspective on things - I'm not as knowledgeable as most people here about football and I'll freely admit it, but it's helpful to have a lot of different viewpoints.
DakotaT
10 years ago
SSchind - these guys are all full of shit. All of them hold grudges and want to stick it to ya! Well maybe it's just me they do that to because of their envy. LOL

You're going to find out that this is a pretty good group of people that care about each other very much, especially here in the random babble. Give your opinion all you want, unless you're a right wing ding, there's enough Fascists here already.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Also, he's right about offending people with opinions. People might say that your opinion's flat out wrong if they really really disagree with you, but unlike... other message boards, you're not going to get any "LOL dude you're retarded1!11shift+one" here. Besides, it's always nice to get a fresh perspective on things - I'm not as knowledgeable as most people here about football and I'll freely admit it, but it's helpful to have a lot of different viewpoints.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

hahahaha You're setting him up for a fall. Wait until he meets Dakota.

Sshind, I'm fairly new here, and my advice to you is just don't be too sensitive or thin-skinned - and be able to dish it out as well as take it. If you can handle the Packer commentary, then maybe step up to the big leagues - talking politics in the Back Alley.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.