MintBaconDrivel
10 years ago

After the draft, a report out of Pittsburgh indicated that the Steelers passed on selecting running back Eddie Lacy because they were concerned about the state of Lacy’s toe after an injury that required fusion surgery.

The Steelers opted for Le’Veon Bell, leaving Lacy to land with the Packers late in the second round. That was a good bit later than Lacy was expected to go and his injury history, Lacy also battled a hamstring injury during the pre-draft period, has raised some concern about how effective he’ll be at the NFL level. Lacy says that if things don’t work out, it won’t be because he’s coming into his first season as damaged goods.

“From Day 1,” Lacy said, via Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “I’m going to be ready to go.”

ProFootballTalk  wrote:

Yerko
10 years ago
As much as I enjoy the Lacy pick, why do we have to consider him the workhorse back? Why can't the Packers offense have the threat of both Lacy and Franklin? I'll say it again and again and again, with the pass-first scheme of this offense (even if they have a running game) and the dual threat of Lacy and Franklin (with a dash of whoever else makes the team), the Packers are not going to have to depend on one individual (Lacy) to carry the entire workload. Therefore, Lacy's "injury history" won't matter as much as he is not going to be the only runningback that can play on this roster.

UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago
Can you imagine McCarthy telling Rodgers, "hey, I want to try something. We're going to give you the week off. All we want you to do Sunday is hand off to Eddie, John, DuJuan, and Ced. All day!"

???

I would love to see that!
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

As much as I enjoy the Lacy pick, why do we have to consider him the workhorse back? Why can't the Packers offense have the threat of both Lacy and Franklin? I'll say it again and again and again, with the pass-first scheme of this offense (even if they have a running game) and the dual threat of Lacy and Franklin (with a dash of whoever else makes the team), the Packers are not going to have to depend on one individual (Lacy) to carry the entire workload. Therefore, Lacy's "injury history" won't matter as much as he is not going to be the only runningback that can play on this roster.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Only thing I wanna see more this year in the running game, is run that ball up the throat on 3rd and 1. Lacy can bring that to us, even 3rd and 4 he could get that 1st down for us. I don't wanna see, you know.. just that predictable pass every 3rd down. Where they sit back in coverage and not worrying about any threat of the run. That's gonna make us that much better.

Franklin I think he can do the same thing, the guy's not just a scat back, he can get those tough yards too. And, take those screens we got away from last year. I'd love to see what Franklins got at returning punts and kicks as well.

Harris has tons of potential. I thought he would start this year, not if we don't snatch Lacy and Franklin. All of them can split carries, and stay healthy, and make this offense run a hell of a lot more efficiently.
Pack93z
10 years ago

Can you imagine McCarthy telling Rodgers, "hey, I want to try something. We're going to give you the week off. All we want you to do Sunday is hand off to Eddie, John, DuJuan, and Ced. All day!"

???

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Even for my "run happy" ass.. that might be a bit much. [grin1]
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

???

You would love to see that, as would 31 other NFL teams.

That's almost as goofy as a Detroit Lions fan in the 90's saying they should let Barry Sanders have the 'day off' and have Scott Mitchell pass it every play, lol.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago

That's almost as goofy as a Detroit Lions fan in the 90's saying they should let Barry Sanders have the 'day off' and have Scott Mitchell pass it every play, lol.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well.. Scott Mitchell didn't walk away from the Lions, quit if you will. Even when surrounding players "allegedly"  quit on him. [grin1]
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
play2win
10 years ago
It IS goofy. But, what the hell? Gonna be slow moving till training camp...

I've been waiting, and waiting for the Packers to implement a more run heavy approach for years. Now that we look to have the right players to pull it off, I can foresee McCarthy actually enjoying the success our running game might provide, and going to it more regularly. The Lacy and Franklin picks alone make running the football nearly impossible for him to ignore as he had previously, forcing the issue a bit. I think, once he sees what he'll be able to do, he'll use it more, and more, and more.

Eventually, Rodgers will get his day off...
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Well.. Scott Mitchell didn't walk away from the Lions, quit if you will. Even when surrounding players "allegedly"  quit on him. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

You sir, are a prick! Barry Sanders did NOT quit! He ... ugh ... broken record ... he LEFT the game because he no longer LOVED the game! The Lions showed little desire to field a good football team and he got tired of losing! Got it bubba?!

It IS goofy. But, what the hell? Gonna be slow moving till training camp...

I've been waiting, and waiting for the Packers to implement a more run heavy approach for years. Now that we look to have the right players to pull it off, I can foresee McCarthy actually enjoying the success our running game might provide, and going to it more regularly. The Lacy and Franklin picks alone make running the football nearly impossible for him to ignore as he had previously, forcing the issue a bit. I think, once he sees what he'll be able to do, he'll use it more, and more, and more.

Eventually, Rodgers will get his day off...

The Packers do run the ball quite a bit ... in the first half. For whatever reason, it seems (speculation, no facts to support this) the Packers toss the running game to the curb when down by a score or more.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago

You sir, are a prick! Barry Sanders did NOT quit! He ... ugh ... broken record ... he LEFT the game because he no longer LOVED the game! The Lions showed little desire to field a good football team and he got tired of losing! Got it bubba?!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

LOL.. Yes I know.. actually in reality I respect Sanders more for walking away within a stones throw of the record, he stuck to his personal convictions. Just fun pulling the string on the topic. UserPostedImage

But one also has to respect the world out of a guy like Sweetness that stuck throw the losing and was rewarded at the end.

Now.. hopefully we have positive discussions upon Lacy years into the future.. probably not in the same realm but positive no less. UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.