Pack93z
10 years ago
For me.. watching every Badger game each season vs a collection of 5 games of Bama this year, I think Ball has the better overall career in the pros.

Now would Ball fit in with the Packers or Lacy with the Broncos better than where they landed, we shall never know. But based on the talents they bring to the field, I would put Ball ahead of Lacy.

And that is not homerism.. I haven't like many Badger backs as pros.. Dayne included. Just think Balls talents will be more productive at this level and for a longer duration.

I like my crow served cold... thank you very much. That is if Lacy can serve it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

For me.. watching every Badger game each season vs a collection of 5 games of Bama this year, I think Ball has the better overall career in the pros.

Now would Ball fit in with the Packers or Lacy with the Broncos better than where they landed, we shall never know. But based on the talents they bring to the field, I would put Ball ahead of Lacy.

And that is not homerism.. I haven't like many Badger backs as pros.. Dayne included. Just think Balls talents will be more productive at this level and for a longer duration.

I like my crow served cold... thank you very much. That is if Lacy can serve it.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I think Eddie Lacy (why do people only use last names?) will be better for the Packers than Montee Ball would have been. I think Ball needs a wider hole than Lacy. I also feel that Lacy is more of a punishing back, which I think will help the Packers offense.

I feel Ball to the Broncos is a better fit than Lacy with the Broncos too.

I just don't think Lacy will live up to the hype. If he can punch it through on * and short, average more than 4 yards a carry, doesn't get the QB killed and doesn't fumble ... I'll put it down as a win for the Packers.
UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago
All I have to say is woulda, coulda, shoulda.

He's not on our team, Lacy is. I don't wanna speculate who will be better at the next level. You just don't know till a couple years later. Both have strengths and weaknesses. I think Eddie will bring more to the team, simply because we didn't have that bruiser since Grant was healthy 07-09. And not have to rely on Kuhn to carry the ball every 3rd and short. Monte Ball just isn't that thumper that I like..

Really this RB class was so deep, I don't think we're complaining what we got. At least i'm not. [boxing]
Dulak
10 years ago

I just don't think Lacy will live up to the hype. If he can punch it through on * and short, average more than 4 yards a carry, doesn't get the QB killed and doesn't fumble ... I'll put it down as a win for the Packers.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

IMO if he doesn't run into his own blockers or repeatedly run into the mass of bodies and repeatedly get 1-2 yards; and then finally gets decent yardage when he doesn't do this (anyone figure out whom Im talking about) ... Ill be happy.

Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

IMO if he doesn't run into his own blockers or repeatedly run into the mass of bodies and repeatedly get 1-2 yards; and then finally gets decent yardage when he doesn't do this (anyone figure out whom Im talking about) ... Ill be happy.

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

Alex Green? 🤔
dfosterf
10 years ago

I think Eddie Lacy (why do people only use last names?) will be better for the Packers than Montee Ball would have been. I think Ball needs a wider hole than Lacy. I also feel that Lacy is more of a punishing back, which I think will help the Packers offense.

I feel Ball to the Broncos is a better fit than Lacy with the Broncos too.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Who amongst us gives a rat's ass about Lacy living up to the hype? All we need is a credible running game, and imo, he looks good enough to provide it, regardless of how bad we are at creating a hole for the running back. [I] like him most because I suspect we need his beef to get through the initial (non) hole.

The fact that he excelled under a ZBS blocking system cannot be overlooked, imo. I think he is the perfect fit for us.
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

Who amongst us gives a rat's ass about Lacy living up to the hype? All we need is a credible running game, and imo, he looks good enough to provide it, regardless of how bad we are at creating a hole for the running back. [I] like him most because I suspect we need his beef to get through the initial (non) hole.

The fact that he excelled under a ZBS blocking system cannot be overlooked, imo.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Him and Franklin will make our Offensive line look like a pro bowl line.😝 🖐 🤣 😂 🤤
dfosterf
10 years ago

Him and Franklin will make our Offensive line look like a pro bowl line.😝 🖐 🤣 😂 🤤

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

This is a possibility, also. I frankly doubt it, to be honest... I'm totally fine with our current running backs... If there is no hole, there is no hole...

My minimal hopes rest reflecting upon the the production of Ahman Green and Ryan Grant. They seemed to manage without a hole, to my satisfaction, at least.

Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

This is a possibility, also. I frankly doubt it, to be honest... I'm totally fine with our current running backs... If there is no hole, there is no hole...

My minimal hopes rest reflecting upon the the production of Ahman Green and Ryan Grant. They seemed to manage without a hole, to my satisfaction, at least.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Honestly this line isn't that bad, we've just went through some troubles last year. From not running the ball effectively(which has to do with the running backs we've had as well) to not keeping healthy. Imo we have some physical lineman especially our guards. We just need to get some depth and stay healthy which we have gotten through the draft. This is a team game. I'm not blaming it all on the offensive line. Hell two years ago we only gave up 29 sacks. The thing i'll say about this line is that it lacks consistency. It's not like our lines gonna be the same as last years either. There's always room for improvement, no matter how bad the supposed coaching is. I'm very hopeful our line will be better.
dfosterf
10 years ago
I applaud you because that is what I want to be true. I want to sense it, and you put me in a better mood about the whole damn thing. 😝
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.