Zero2Cool
10 years ago
San Francisco 49ers have a deal with Levis for 10 years and over $200 million. What are your thoughts about the Packers selling the naming rights to Lambeau Field to help generate some revenue?

_____ Lambeau Field
or
Lambeau Field ______

Mililer Lambeau Field? I dunno I just hope Lambeau Field stays part of the name.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Changing the name of Lambeau would definitely be the first sign of the Apocalypse !!!!!!

I'm all for any business to create revenue any way that is legal, but something tells me selling the naming rights would do more harm than good.

(Speaking for fans in other parts of the country) I would be a hell of a lot more excited planning a once in a lifetime trip to Lambeau Field, something just isn't exciting about planning a trip to say "Johnny Walker Red Stadium" in Green Bay!!!! šŸ˜„ šŸ˜„
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
10 years ago
It's been pitched before. What they would do is keep the name of the "field" and put a paid name on the stadium. Like LAMBEAU FIELD AND MILLER STADIUM. Something like that.

It's cheesy, but profitable if the price was right.
ā€œWinning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a whileā€¦you do them right all the time.ā€
sschind
10 years ago

It's been pitched before. What they would do is keep the name of the "field" and put a paid name on the stadium. Like LAMBEAU FIELD AND MILLER STADIUM. Something like that.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I guess it doesn't really matter to me. I'll still call it Lambeau Field no matter what and I'm guessing most fans will too. All that will change is the media and the merchandising.
SINCITYCHEEZE
10 years ago
NOT ONLY NO[-x šŸ˜³ šŸ‘Ž šŸ‘Ž BUT HELL NO[boxing] [boxing] [mfing] [mfing]
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
I loath the idea. That said the average fan (even a few hundred thousand of them standing shoulder to shoulder) can not stop the greed franchises get by selling their souls. So if they insist on sticking up a arse I would prefer Lambeau Field barf corp instead of barf corp @ Lambeau Field.
UserPostedImage
beast
10 years ago
I want the Stadium name to be Lambeau Field.

If they want sell the naming rights to the field name, I guess as long as they're getting a lot of money out of it (and maybe willing to reduce prices on their stuff šŸ™ )

I looked up some of the business with headquarters in Wisconsin and they have some interesting one.

_____ Lambeau Field Stadium
or
Lambeau Field ______

Harley-Davidson

Sargento (cheese heads) Plymouth, Wisconsin

Total Sports Entertainment (there job is to make spots entertainment better... if they're willing to spend the money they would probably be a nice partner for the Packers to have)... though they're on the other side of the state. La Crosse, Wisconsin... then again they might be smart enough to not touch the name and just work with the Packers... it's a win - win... they get their foot in the door of the NFL.

Kohl

American Champion Aircraft Corporation, located in Rochester, Wisconsin
Welcome to Lambeau Field Stadium and American Champion Packers field.

Miller Electric (Appleton, WI.)

Midwest Communications (Wausau, WI.)

Good Karma Broadcasting ( Beaver Dam, WI.)

Renew Energy (Jefferson, WI)

ReServe Interactive ( Delafield, WI.) ... Also maybe a deal on some of their software stuff if the Packers need or want any of it.

Rhinelander Brewery / Rhinelander Brewing Company (Rhinelander , WI)

Sportsman Channel (they got 5 head quarters, the administrative one is in (New Berlin, Wisconsin)
dedicated to hunting, shooting and fishing programming.

Van Holten's Pickles (Waterloo, WI) world's largest producer of individually wrapped pickles.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
The Harley-Davidson Lambeau Field ... I could deal with.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
10 years ago
It stays just plain Lambeau Field. Don't worry, I'm an owner. I got this.

šŸ˜†

rabidgopher04
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Like Mall of America Field at the HHH Metrodome? Yeah, cuz that sounds awesome. Let's be like the Vikings!

[duh]
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (23h) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the menā€™s Big Ten basketball tournament. Letā€™s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsinā€™s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.