evad04
12 years ago
First off, I wasn't sure where to post this. Apologies if it needs to be moved.

Anyway, I am trying to pull the trigger on driving to Green Bay for the final game of the season (1/1/12). Does anyone have suggestion on purchasing tickets (or have a connection)? I can go the StubHub route, but I wasn't sure whether there's a smarter way to do it. My girlfriend and I (and our dog) will be coming back from Christmas break and will be staying there Saturday and Sunday. All we need left are the tickets.

Any suggestions? In general we are looking to save money any way we can, so "good" seats aren't in our budget -- though any seat in Lambeau Field is a good one. Also, if anyone wanted to meet up and throw back a few I'm sure that can be arranged.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
My dad used to get tickets from a liquor store on Velp called Grzecks. They are nice folks.
UserPostedImage
evad04
12 years ago

My dad used to get tickets from a liquor store on Velp called Grzecks. They are nice folks.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

See this is what I'm talking about, because I can get some booze and kill two birds with one football.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Larry Gerczak's Discount LQR
924 Velp Ave, Green Bay, WI 54303
(920) 497-7070

Dad and family, we used to live nearly right across the street from it at 941. I'd give him a call and inquire. It's been a few years since we got tickets from him, but I'm sure he'll be able help you.
UserPostedImage
evad04
12 years ago
Good lookin' out, Kevin. Thank you. I will give that number a shot.
HoustonMatt
12 years ago
A buddy of mine (who is a Saints fan) have agreed that we're going to Lambeau for the NFC Championship Game should it be between the Packers and Saints. We're both fairly confident this game will happen and since we're buying tickets on refundable airline miles anyway, we think we're going to book our flights in the next week.

I don't have a specific focus, so I was just looking for general tips from locals and people who have traveled to Green Bay for a game before. We have to fly Southwest, so we can't do direct to GB (looking to fly in on Friday night to MIL or CHI and spend a night there before heading to GB on Saturday).

What are the best travel options for getting between those cities? What are the "must-do's" once we get to GB? Any advice on the best way to go about securing tickets for the Championship Game? We've already booked a room at Super 8 in GB for $180/night, but we can stay in Appleton for about $80/night. Do the hotels in Appleton have transportation to GB or would our cost savings basically be eaten up by cab fare? Any other general tips or advice you'd give to someone visiting the city for his first time? (What advice would you have to keep two born and raised Houston and Southern Louisiana boys from freezing to death in frigid, late-January GB weather?)

Any tips you guys have would be much obliged.

Thanks,
Matt
blank
GermanGilbert
12 years ago
If you fly in to Milwaukee and don't want to rent a car, you can take a bus to Green Bay. It takes 2,5h and about $25 one way. But please be aware, that it goes only once a day. I don't know the schedule Milwaukee-Green Bay, but Green Bay-Milwaukee is at 6.15 am every day. If you decide to Fly in to Chicago, it takes you additionally 1,5h and $20 one way by train. Just visit www.amtrak.com  for further information on the schedule.
In Green Bay you have to pay gameday price for cabs on gameday and the night before. That means you pay $25 one way, doesn't matter if you have to go 1 mile or 5. Of course you have to do the Stadium tour and the Hall of Fame tour at Lambeau Field. Combination of both is $25. From bars perspective, I think Stadium View and Curly's Pub is a must see, but there are several other nice bars to stay around the Stadium (Anduzzi's, The Bar .....).

I heard there's a bus from Appelton to Green Bay at gamedays, but I'm not sure about the price and schedule. I only heard it leave right after the game which will cost you the option of attending after game parties.

Enjoy your stay in Titletown, you'll love it.
blank
HoustonMatt
12 years ago
Thanks for the info. We booked our flights this morning. We decided to fly in and out of Milwaukee and rent a car. Booked a room at the Super 8 by the stadium in GB. We'll check out the places you mentioned. Now all that's left is the Pack making it to the NFC Championship Game.
blank
HoustonMatt
12 years ago
Our trip is booked with the exception of a hotel in Milwaukee on Friday the 20th. Heading up with two friends, both in their late 20's to early 30's, so we're looking for a hotel within walking distance to several bars that the young professional crowd might frequent. Any suggestions on what part of town we'd be best off staying in?
blank
Laser Gunns
10 years ago
Me and my bro reeally want to go to a game in GB this year or next.

The plan would be to fly in on a Friday/Saturday, and leave Sunday night.

Where should we land? I don't imagine GB has an airport, We'll be flying from Seattle and am clueless about Wisconsin.

Where should we stay?

Where should we eat? (Important)

Stadium tour? Is it worth the $10?

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (51m) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
    beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.