DakotaT
  • DakotaT
  • Select Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Bolded the parts where I absolutely agree with you.

Holy shit. We agree on something politically?!

Stop the planet, I want off!

Originally Posted by: Formo 

STFU, the adults are talking, dumbass. You just don't want to pay taxes. We know what your political views are. [grin1]

BTW, if the Vikings ask goat roper if will take a pay cut, he's out the first door. Saw that on NFL network. I bet he wants to come play for the Packers.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

You guys beat him up enough, I don't really need to pile on. I don't like the fact that he seems to be just as much of a war monger as his predecessor. I also don't like the fact that he gave up very quickly on his message of evening the playing field. See I don't look at taxing the wealthy as a Robinhood tax system, because in the process of becoming wealthy, they cut a lot of corners and use and step on a lot of little people in obtaining their wealth. Taxing them at the high rates keeps things regulated. I wanted to see Barry get tough on the corporate loopholes and make corporations repatriate all their foreign activity to the United States of America - and he has failed miserably at that.

I do not believe in the current welfare system. Abled bodied people should work. Unfortunately, the good jobs were shipped overseas by the Romneys of the world - which is treasonous. And the spoiled American worker is not going to do the $10 an hour jobs to survive, when they can get welfare. Fixing the things wrong in this country are not that difficult, but they certainly become difficult with the inept politicians we keep electing making guiding us.

As for Marco Rubio, I really don't know that much about him, but that infamous drink of water speech he made didn't leave me very impressed. He seemed to be another lacky spewing the same old agenda I've been turned away from.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I'll try to make this quick, as I'm getting sleepy. You may not know, but at age 66, I still have a job - limited so I don't make too much and jeopardize my Social Security hahahaha, but I just got 2 hours sleep last night after delivering weekly newspapers most of the night on Fort Hood.

Bad as outsourcing seems or actually is, it isn't treasonous. Americans are doing just fine - typically making more money working in Walmart on an easy job than busting their ass in a foundry or whatever.

You do know, right, that corporate taxes are just passed on to consumers? And that they put American companies at a competitive disadvantage with foreign producers - enabling exactly what you described with Romney and business people like that? And "keeping them regulated" just amounts to unnecessary hassles that end up costing all of us money and not doing any good.

I'm not that thrilled with Rubio either, I guess, but he was the best I could do on short notice. What we really need is a good George Wallace kind of guy, minus the racism. I suppose you are too young even to remember him.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Right now it's free, and no responsibility. But we love you man.

Congratulations!

packerhome.com is a Premium Domain Name and is available for $1,988.00*

Need help? Call us 24/7 at (480) 366-3343

See, it is not free.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago
I can summarize this and almost all political threads in a little over a sentence on current issues.

Neither party is in it for the people any longer, it is about funding, party control and re-election. Any actions either party takes is either public relations to gather more funds or damage control to retain said funds.

We the people beating each other up in defense of either party is playing into their hands, nothing more.

Until we the people retake control of the process and remove the power from a corrupt two party system, progress will be fleeting.

Yet, here we sit, like most of America, trying to play the party lines. Defeating.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
  • DakotaT
10 years ago

I'll try to make this quick, as I'm getting sleepy. You may not know, but at age 66, I still have a job - limited so I don't make too much and jeopardize my Social Security hahahaha, but I just got 2 hours sleep last night after delivering weekly newspapers most of the night on Fort Hood.

Bad as outsourcing seems or actually is, it isn't treasonous. Americans are doing just fine - typically making more money working in Walmart on an easy job than busting their ass in a foundry or whatever.

You do know, right, that corporate taxes are just passed on to consumers? And that they put American companies at a competitive disadvantage with foreign producers - enabling exactly what you described with Romney and business people like that? And "keeping them regulated" just amounts to unnecessary hassles that end up costing all of us money and not doing any good.

I'm not that thrilled with Rubio either, I guess, but he was the best I could do on short notice. What we really need is a good George Wallace kind of guy, minus the racism. I suppose you are too young even to remember him.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Corporate taxes are not passed on to the consumer, corporate taxes reduce the bottom line profits and return to the shareholders - which is investment income at the individual level, taxed at a lower rate - then working income. So no, I don't see the evil in corporate taxes like the blind sheep do. What I see at the corporate tax level is a lot unethical practice and denying the American government the funding it needs to for domestic improvements. What is passed on to the consumer is ridiculous prices for lousy goods, so that the officers and major shareholders of a corporation keep getting by with looting the customers. It goes along with my whole guillotine argument.

I know who Governor Wallace was. I'm not as young as you may think. I'm not a novelist like Wade, so my posts most of the time are short due to pure laziness. If I tell you that you're full of shit, I usually have a long speech somewhere wandering around in my mind - just don't feel like taking the time to type it out. [grin1]
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
  • DakotaT
10 years ago

I can summarize this and almost all political threads in a little over a sentence on current issues.

Neither party is in it for the people any longer, it is about funding, party control and re-election. Any actions either party takes is either public relations to gather more funds or damage control to retain said funds.

We the people beating each other up in defense of either party is playing into their hands, nothing more.

Until we the people retake control of the process and remove the power from a corrupt two party system, progress will be fleeting.

Yet, here we sit, like most of America, trying to play the party lines. Defeating.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Don't you realize we are completely bored and need something to waste our time with until training camp?

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago

Don't you realize we are completely bored and need something to waste our time with until training camp?

I think I realize that you understand that.. just not sure reading thread after thread that it is a shared belief. [grin1]
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
  • DakotaT
10 years ago

I think I realize that you understand that.. just not sure reading thread after thread that it is a shared belief. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

It's not my responsibility to make sure everyone keeps up! How many posts could actually have been made about coyotes? Some threads need tangents, desperately!!!!!!!!!!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

It's not my responsibility to make sure everyone keeps up! How many posts could actually have been made about coyotes? Some threads need tangents, desperately!!!!!!!!!!

Well Troy if you do not want to talk about a subject be it coyotes or anything else then move on to something else. Start your own thread. Don't pull them down because you have nothing else to do.

Here's your tangent.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Corporate taxes are not passed on to the consumer, corporate taxes reduce the bottom line profits and return to the shareholders - which is investment income at the individual level, taxed at a lower rate - then working income. So no, I don't see the evil in corporate taxes like the blind sheep do. What I see at the corporate tax level is a lot unethical practice and denying the American government the funding it needs to for domestic improvements. What is passed on to the consumer is ridiculous prices for lousy goods, so that the officers and major shareholders of a corporation keep getting by with looting the customers. It goes along with my whole guillotine argument.

I know who Governor Wallace was. I'm not as young as you may think. I'm not a novelist like Wade, so my posts most of the time are short due to pure laziness. If I tell you that you're full of shit, I usually have a long speech somewhere wandering around in my mind - just don't feel like taking the time to type it out. [grin1]

hahahaha I was talking about me keeping it short and quick, not you, but that was late last night. Now it's morning and I'm gassed up and ready to roll hahaha.

Do you think those corporations are gonna merely sit back and accept a lower bottom line profit? Hell No. They will do whatever it takes - including going overseas, but before that, raising prices - costing us money and/or causing us to buy cheaper foreign made products - you basically just said that yourself. THAT is what high corporate taxes bring us - and I hope you know, we already have just about the highest in the world.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.