buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

ESPN reporting Bishop will visit with K.C tomorrow.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dhazer
10 years ago

Hey for you buddy, anytime! 🙂 I am with you on the NFC North being a very solid division, probably the second most difficult to win in the NFL. I think Detroit will win a few games people expect them to lose, same with the Vikings. The Bears could surprise some. I'm a little worried with not hearing anything about them. Kinda like your kids, when they quiet, you get nervous, lol.

I'm back in Green Bay (as of Jan 2012, thanks for paying attention) so we already get all the games for your know what. :P

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Detroit added a starting caliber RB thus we forget and like I said if their defense stops being stupid they will be strong. And for the person saying minnesota don't have a mlb and a DE cmon please like we have any of them? Our defense is just plain bad as it has been except for one year since Capers took over. Sure we drafted RB's but when did we get an o-line that can block?

BTW Kevin I was referring to the Monday and Thursday games for others.

I think we will sneak by and win the division but it wouldn't surprise me if one of the others beat us out.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Detroit added a starting caliber RB thus we forget and like I said if their defense stops being stupid they will be strong. And for the person saying minnesota don't have a mlb and a DE cmon please like we have any of them? Our defense is just plain bad as it has been except for one year since Capers took over. Sure we drafted RB's but when did we get an o-line that can block?

BTW Kevin I was referring to the Monday and Thursday games for others.

I think we will sneak by and win the division but it wouldn't surprise me if one of the others beat us out.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Who is forgetting about Reggie Bush? Does he add a solid dimension to their Megatron focused offense? Yes.

I think they will be solid opponents, as is every divisional game ... I just don't put NFC North better than NFC West. Can't do it. Won't do it.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
10 years ago
I'm not sure how I feel about our inside linebacker position outside of AJ Hawk. Brad Jones is decent, but I don't know if I really like him all that much as a starter. He didn't do too bad filling in last year. But who is behind him? Nobody that has proven themselves...
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
10 years ago
Let me go ahead and play a little Devil's advocate in this thread, because the optimism is getting way out of hand here.

Must be you. Because I don't think so.

I like the opponents wasting roster spots for old washed up players and overpriced overrated FAs.

There is a reason the Bears have had 5 #1 Draft picks in the last 8 years. Wasting the few they have left on project guys and specialty role players. Like Long and McClellin.

Cutler is a mediocre QB with a big arm. He has a crappy rating over 10 yards. What good is a big arm if you can't hit the broad side of a barn. From the inside. He cost them 2 firsts and a huge cap hit. They could have used 1 to draft a mediocre QB and been ahead by a 1st round pick.

Marshall is inefficient. He cost them 2 thirds and a huge cap hit. He is 40% of their passing game. That is more than Jones and Cobb together are for the Packers. While Jones and Cobb put up 22 TDs, Marshall only put up 11.

Bert Facre didn't do much for the Vikings. In 2009, they had the 2nd easiest schedule in Viking history. In 2010, they had a tough schedule. When the real Facre showed up.

Greg is a great guy and a great player. I hope he does well and stays healthy. But it has been years since he has.
I hope that Bishop goes to the Vikings. We could use another slow defender in coverage for our offense to face.

As far as the Vikings draft picks, I think they were 2 for 3. They wasted a lot of picks for a project WR who runs crappy routes and has questionable hands. Fast, stupid and can't catch. Sounds like Hester.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

The Bears' drafting has been awful the last few years and Long is a project, maybe even a reach at 20, but they had one of the best drafts in the league after that 1st rounder.

If Long does pan out, everyone will be calling them geniusses. Especially if guys like Bostic, Greene and Washington work out the way they should.

Cutler isn't a great QB, he's nowhere near the elite level, but I wouldn't call him mediocre, either. He's just a guy who needs a supporting cast. He's just like Palmer, not going to carry a team, but when you put the pieces in place, they produce.

Don't forget that it's not that long ago when people wondered whether Rodgers or Cutler was the superior QB.

Marshall was expensive, but how much would two 2nd rounders really net you? Certainly not something of equal talent. I agree that they have a lot of money tied up in players like Marshall and Peppers, but Marshall's an amazing receiver and superior to anyone who we have on the roster. That TD stat is nice, but that doesn't take into account his 118 catches and 1500 yards. Calvin Johnson had just 5 TDs, but that doesn't tell me anything by its own, really.

Favre did face a weak schedule with the Vikes that year, but he just played lights-out, as well. That game against the Saints wasn't against a weak team and the only reason they didn't won that, was because of Adrian "Butterfingers" Peterson. Favre threw a very, very bad pick at the end, but that would've been an easy win, had Peterson not fumbled 39 times in one game.

Greg was overpriced and overrated, but he is an improvement over anything they have and they will be more dangerous on offense for it.

I don't see how Cordarrelle Patterson would be a wasted pick. The guy had enough upside and talent to be a top 5 players, but he's raw. Taking a chance on him at 29 was a great choice. I wouldn't have minded if the Packers drafted him with their pick before that.

That said, I do think that the Packers are the team to beat, but the Bears, Vikes and Lions aren't as far behind as everyone here seems to think. Yes, they have holes, but so do we. There's not a single team in the league that doesn't have them. We'll see how it plays out, but we're not going to be running away with the division and I don't see us going 6-0 in the NFCN.
warhawk
10 years ago

Let me go ahead and play a little Devil's advocate in this thread, because the optimism is getting way out of hand here.

The Bears' drafting has been awful the last few years and Long is a project, maybe even a reach at 20, but they had one of the best drafts in the league after that 1st rounder.

If Long does pan out, everyone will be calling them geniusses. Especially if guys like Bostic, Greene and Washington work out the way they should.

Cutler isn't a great QB, he's nowhere near the elite level, but I wouldn't call him mediocre, either. He's just a guy who needs a supporting cast. He's just like Palmer, not going to carry a team, but when you put the pieces in place, they produce.

Don't forget that it's not that long ago when people wondered whether Rodgers or Cutler was the superior QB.

Marshall was expensive, but how much would two 2nd rounders really net you? Certainly not something of equal talent. I agree that they have a lot of money tied up in players like Marshall and Peppers, but Marshall's an amazing receiver and superior to anyone who we have on the roster. That TD stat is nice, but that doesn't take into account his 118 catches and 1500 yards. Calvin Johnson had just 5 TDs, but that doesn't tell me anything by its own, really.

Favre did face a weak schedule with the Vikes that year, but he just played lights-out, as well. That game against the Saints wasn't against a weak team and the only reason they didn't won that, was because of Adrian "Butterfingers" Peterson. Favre threw a very, very bad pick at the end, but that would've been an easy win, had Peterson not fumbled 39 times in one game.

Greg was overpriced and overrated, but he is an improvement over anything they have and they will be more dangerous on offense for it.

I don't see how Cordarrelle Patterson would be a wasted pick. The guy had enough upside and talent to be a top 5 players, but he's raw. Taking a chance on him at 29 was a great choice. I wouldn't have minded if the Packers drafted him with their pick before that.

That said, I do think that the Packers are the team to beat, but the Bears, Vikes and Lions aren't as far behind as everyone here seems to think. Yes, they have holes, but so do we. There's not a single team in the league that doesn't have them. We'll see how it plays out, but we're not going to be running away with the division and I don't see us going 6-0 in the NFCN.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

What will two 2nd rounders net you? Two starters or at the very least some quality depth. The factor most people don't consider is team depth. Sure, starting the season most teams look strong and maybe stronger than the previous year but the lineup by game 8 from game 1 is going to be very different.
Chicago screwed the pooch by not winning it all when they gave up all these picks to grab these guys that was supposed to carry the team. You start giving up #1's and 3's like that and your depth goes to hell.
Last years injury plague will be this years blessing as several guys were called on and got significant PT. Now some like Barclay and Moses among others may end up being backups again but they will be better than they were a year ago as well as the young DB's that were virtually thrown in the fire and responded, I thought, very well.
Adding Jones in and getting Perry back again means more depth there a well. I look forward to seeing Jones, Ragi, and Neal in there with Mathews blowing up from the outside. With outstanding depth at the CB position that carries over to the nickel packages I can see a defense that can avoid those three or four games that were a disaster last year.
It would be nice if for once we didn't lose important starters for the whole damn season. Injuries will happen, however, and I see the Packers withstanding that with the replacements in line because many will have had the opportunity in the past and will benefit from the experience.
Your either deep or your lucky. We got bounced by SF last year who had every OL starter for the entire season. Now that's not heard of and doesn't happen often. You can't bank on luck though and I think the Packers have it pretty well covered. The North as a whole may start out looking fairly even but I would say when reality sets in and guys go down and the IR list grows for all teams, IF the numbers are fairly equal, the Packers will prevail.

"The train is leaving the station."
nerdmann
10 years ago

What will two 2nd rounders net you? Two starters or at the very least some quality depth. The factor most people don't consider is team depth. Sure, starting the season most teams look strong and maybe stronger than the previous year but the lineup by game 8 from game 1 is going to be very different.
Chicago screwed the pooch by not winning it all when they gave up all these picks to grab these guys that was supposed to carry the team. You start giving up #1's and 3's like that and your depth goes to hell.
Last years injury plague will be this years blessing as several guys were called on and got significant PT. Now some like Barclay and Moses among others may end up being backups again but they will be better than they were a year ago as well as the young DB's that were virtually thrown in the fire and responded, I thought, very well.
Adding Jones in and getting Perry back again means more depth there a well. I look forward to seeing Jones, Ragi, and Neal in there with Mathews blowing up from the outside. With outstanding depth at the CB position that carries over to the nickel packages I can see a defense that can avoid those three or four games that were a disaster last year.
It would be nice if for once we didn't lose important starters for the whole damn season. Injuries will happen, however, and I see the Packers withstanding that with the replacements in line because many will have had the opportunity in the past and will benefit from the experience.
Your either deep or your lucky. We got bounced by SF last year who had every OL starter for the entire season. Now that's not heard of and doesn't happen often. You can't bank on luck though and I think the Packers have it pretty well covered. The North as a whole may start out looking fairly even but I would say when reality sets in and guys go down and the IR list grows for all teams, IF the numbers are fairly equal, the Packers will prevail.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

Lovey Smith was making these trades to try to save his job for years. Julius Peppers, Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, etc.

Desperation moves that didn't pan out.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Lovey Smith was making these trades to try to save his job for years. Julius Peppers, Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, etc.

Desperation moves that didn't pan out.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

What did they give up in trade for Julius Peppers and Brandon Marshall?

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

What did they give up in trade for Julius Peppers and Brandon Marshall?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Fuck if I know, why were they free agents?

Point being, they were desperation moves. And they panned out as well as most desperation moves do.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Dexter_Sinister
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

I have thought Cutler was a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head since he was in Denver. I said Rodgers had the potential to be best ever in '07. I have alwasy thought every one who said Cutler was great was wrong. His passer rating over 10 yards is horrible. He gets fooled and can't recover. He just isn't very good and the hype didn't make him better than he is. So I really don't care what people have though of him.

Marshall is exceptionally over rated. Probably the 40th best WR in the league if you go by per catch. He was 40% of the Bears passing offense. More than Jones and Cobb were together. Brandon only scored 11 TDs. Jones and Cobb scored 22. We have 3 WRs that out produce Marshall per catch. It is better to spread it around than to have a guy like Marshall getting 200 targets. If any of our WRs got 200 targets, they would break records. The difference is, Johnson averaged over 10 a year before last year. Marshall averaged about 6 while getting the same number of targets.

If I were the Bears, I would be most concerned about the Pass D without Urlacher. Specially against Rodgers.

They ranked Patterson for his running ability. Not his pass catching. He is a body catcher who runs bad routes. It hasn't worked for Hester. He may be a better return guy than WR. Project guys are not bad. First round project guys are a lot invested in a gamble. Specially for the number of draft picks they gave up. When their biggest issue is depth.

Favre didn't play lights out. He played extremely conservative during their win streak. He started taking over more late in the year, when they went 2-3 going into the playoffs. Favre was really lucky on dropped INTs to help build the mystique. The SF game had one right before the miracle pass. Favre hit a DB right between the numbers and he dropped it. Next play, game winner.

They really only played one healthy team over .500 and got smoked. The Packers were down to 5th string CBs. The Bengals had collapsed and were nothing like they were earlier in the year.

Peterson had 0 turnovers and Favre had 3. One of Peterson's fumbles was for a first down so it wasn't even a momentum breaker.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.