DakotaT
10 years ago

Dakota, I'm closer to agreeing with you than you know. It's just your reasons for opposing stuff and your priorities that are all screwed up.

Hell yeah, the Republicans' top priority - or the MOST PUBLICIZED one - was cutting taxes on the rich. Did you get that? MOST PUBLICIZED! How can their be DECEIT when the dumbass Republicans FLAUNTED the fact that they want to cut (or at least not raise) taxes on the rich? It's that exact DUMBASSERY that got them beat - twice. Why do middle class people vote Republican? First of all, they are FAR from a unified group. Maybe 55-60% of what most people call "middle class" vote Republican, and mostly it has nothing to do with taxes. There's at least a half dozen issues equally or more important as reasons for voting a certain way. But to the extent that middle class people do vote Republican because of tax cutting, it's because the cuts (or non-raising) apply to them as much as to the rich. WHERE exactly do you see DECEIT there?

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

This is exactly why you don't know shit from shinola. Yes, the middle class got some of the Bush tax cuts - but that's like saying we got a small sip out of a glass of water. If you can't separate where the shift in money is going versus all the wag the dog social bullshit you get sucked into - then I just dismiss your rhetoric because you are a fool. The top one %ers didn't "earn it", they stole it. The bottom line in all of this is the transfer of wealth from the middle class to people who already have more than will ever need. It is called greed, and it has really become sickening.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

This is exactly why you don't know shit from shinola. Yes, the middle class got some of the Bush tax cuts - but that's like saying we got a small sip out of a glass of water. If you can't separate where the shift in money is going versus all the wag the dog social bullshit you get sucked into - then I just dismiss your rhetoric because you are a fool. The top one %ers didn't "earn it", they stole it. The bottom line in all of this is the transfer of wealth from the middle class to people who already have more than will ever need. It is called greed, and it has really become sickening.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU CARE? Is there ANYTHING good, bad, or indifferent about the lives and tax situation of the rich that affects your own well-being one way or the other? If the damn wealthy got a bigger drink of tax cuts, it's because they paid a HUGELY bigger portion of taxes to begin with, but WHO CARES? If it makes you happy to think the top whatever %ers stole their income, fine, they stole it - WHATEVER if that makes you feel any better. I've got mine and you've got yours, so what else matters? The poor people? Yup, they have a good life in this country too - it's JUST AS STUPID for high enders to begrudge the poor getting their handouts as it is for you to whine and rant and get stressed about the rich getting whatever they get, however they get it. Just show me a "middle class" person who's hurting. If you did find one, he's probably just like you - failing to appreciate the good he has, instead getting all jealous or whatever of those who have more.

That ain't the way to live, Dakota. You are so fond of bringing up the "Christ-like" way. Does that include envy/jealousy/covetousness?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DakotaT
10 years ago

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU CARE? Is there ANYTHING good, bad, or indifferent about the lives and tax situation of the rich that affects your own well-being one way or the other? If the damn wealthy got a bigger drink of tax cuts, it's because they paid a HUGELY bigger portion of taxes to begin with, but WHO CARES? If it makes you happy to think the top whatever %ers stole their income, fine, they stole it - WHATEVER if that makes you feel any better. I've got mine and you've got yours, so what else matters? The poor people? Yup, they have a good life in this country too - it's JUST AS STUPID for high enders to begrudge the poor getting their handouts as it is for you to whine and rant and get stressed about the rich getting whatever they get, however they get it. Just show me a "middle class" person who's hurting. If you did find one, he's probably just like you - failing to appreciate the good he has, instead getting all jealous or whatever of those who have more.

That ain't the way to live, Dakota. You are so fond of bringing up the "Christ-like" way. Does that include envy/jealousy/covetousness?

And people like you that defend those thieves are the biggest loser dumbasses there are; and at the same time you help them kick the bottom feeders down the gutter a little farther. If you think I'm jealous of people like that, you have no clue what makes me tick.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

And people like you that defend those thieves are the biggest loser dumbasses there are; and at the same time you help them kick the bottom feeders down the gutter a little farther. If you think I'm jealous of people like that, you have no clue what makes me tick.

Did it sound like I was defending them? I've known rich assholes, and even a few decent rich people, but WHO CARES? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOUR/MY OWN SITUATION? I've had a GREAT day today - like I do almost every day. I hope you have too, but the point is, whether some rich asshole has a nice or possibly even nicer day (although it's hard to imagine his day being better than mine), it has NO EFFECT on you or me - so why bother to get all flustered and stressed over shit that is gonna keep right on happening regardless - when that shit really doesn't make any difference anyway - not like the terrorism thread, for example, when all of our good life really could melt (no nuclear pun intended) away in the blink of an eye.

DakotaT
10 years ago

Did it sound like I was defending them? I've known rich assholes, and even a few decent rich people, but WHO CARES? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOUR/MY OWN SITUATION? I've had a GREAT day today - like I do almost every day. I hope you have too, but the point is, whether some rich asshole has a nice or possibly even nicer day (although it's hard to imagine his day being better than mine), it has NO EFFECT on you or me - so why bother to get all flustered and stressed over shit that is gonna keep right on happening regardless - when that shit really doesn't make any difference anyway - not like the terrorism thread, for example, when all of our good life really could melt (no nuclear pun intended) away in the blink of an eye.

It's too bad you can't cut a liberal the slack that you do the wealthy thieves. It would give you more credibility. I know, you've identified those that think outside the bubble you live in as un-American and evil. Are they making your life miserable?
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

It's too bad you can't cut a liberal the slack that you do the wealthy thieves. It would give you more credibility. I know, you've identified those that think outside the bubble you live in as un-American and evil. Are they making your life miserable?

hahahaha Are we having fun yet?

See? There you go proving every negative thing I ever said about you. YOUR PRIORITIES are all screwed up, and you wouldn't know the meaning of INTENT if it bit you in the ass.

Those wealthy thieves - and I'll give you the point that they are every bit as bad that way as you think they are - have no agenda except to enhance their own position. Are they hurting you or me? Are they TRYING to hurt anybody? I really don't know WHO you presume they are stealing from, but it sure ain't me, and I'm pretty sure it ain't you.

Leftists, on the other hand, spell out their agenda. C H A N G E - and that means messing with the three items which make YOUR LIFE and MY LIFE so fantastically GREAT - FREEDOM, COMFORT, and SECURITY. God damned piss ant Obama by his own words earlier in life, would remove America from our position of dominance, thereby making a whole host of shit things possible/likely. They - the stinking damn leftists - would have us live much less luxurious lives - not just the rich you hate so much, but ALL of us - It's not just me saying that; It's in their own manifestos and mission statements. They would regulate us into oblivion - grabbing our precious freedoms - NOT for a good and valid purpose like preventing terrorism, but for a bunch of sick shit about the environment, nutrition, safety, and a dozen other bogus excuses to mess with our good life. It irritates me that the terrible trio in here throw such a hissy fit over things like Homeland Security - which really serves a life saving useful purpose and say so little about the totally useless and absurd leftist shit that is doing MUCH more harm to our rights and freedoms.

And you, Dakota - NOT a leftist ....... but you have the gall to whine because I don't complain about selfish rich bastards who ultimately affect nothing as much as the poor picked on leftists - yeah right! Get your damn priorities in order.

edit: Oh yeah, and one more thing about DECEIT: You and I are shooting pool. I call my shot "8 ball cross side"; I bank it in and win the game. Did I DECEIVE you? Hell No! I beat your ass, but I called my shot - I sure didn't deceive you - much like the stupid Republicans on tax cuts for the wealthy - brag about it, call their shot - and let it cost them the election - the dumbass fools - and you know what? They MISSED THE SHOT - the tax cuts they made such a big deal about and alienated so many people when the leftist media played it up? They didn't even get passed.
Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Technically, of course, a president doesn't pass anything, and he can't get impeached for following the letter of what Congress passes, but whatever on that.

Nice that you agree with the OBVIOUS - media bias.

What exactly was wrong with Bush in your eyes? I take it, you aren't a Bush-hater for the bullshit reasons the left likes to demagogue about him, so what?

Patriot Act for one. Lying about why we were to invade Iraq. Failed to actually go after Osama (instead, went into Iraq). There's certainly more I could dig up and find, but really don't care about getting all wound up over something that was out of both of our control.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
DakotaT
10 years ago

hahahaha Are we having fun yet?

See? There you go proving every negative thing I ever said about you. YOUR PRIORITIES are all screwed up, and you wouldn't know the meaning of INTENT if it bit you in the ass.

Those wealthy thieves - and I'll give you the point that they are every bit as bad that way as you think they are - have no agenda except to enhance their own position. Are they hurting you or me? Are they TRYING to hurt anybody? I really don't know WHO you presume they are stealing from, but it sure ain't me, and I'm pretty sure it ain't you.

Leftists, on the other hand, spell out their agenda. C H A N G E - and that means messing with the three items which make YOUR LIFE and MY LIFE so fantastically GREAT - FREEDOM, COMFORT, and SECURITY. God damned piss ant Obama by his own words earlier in life, would remove America from our position of dominance, thereby making a whole host of shit things possible/likely. They - the stinking damn leftists - would have us live much less luxurious lives - not just the rich you hate so much, but ALL of us - It's not just me saying that; It's in their own manifestos and mission statements. They would regulate us into oblivion - grabbing our precious freedoms - NOT for a good and valid purpose like preventing terrorism, but for a bunch of sick shit about the environment, nutrition, safety, and a dozen other bogus excuses to mess with our good life. It irritates me that the terrible trio in here throw such a hissy fit over things like Homeland Security - which really serves a life saving useful purpose and say so little about the totally useless and absurd leftist shit that is doing MUCH more harm to our rights and freedoms.

And you, Dakota - NOT a leftist ....... but you have the gall to whine because I don't complain about selfish rich bastards who ultimately affect nothing as much as the poor picked on leftists - yeah right! Get your damn priorities in order.

edit: Oh yeah, and one more thing about DECEIT: You and I are shooting pool. I call my shot "8 ball cross side"; I bank it in and win the game. Did I DECEIVE you? Hell No! I beat your ass, but I called my shot - I sure didn't deceive you - much like the stupid Republicans on tax cuts for the wealthy - brag about it, call their shot - and let it cost them the election - the dumbass fools - and you know what? They MISSED THE SHOT - the tax cuts they made such a big deal about and alienated so many people when the leftist media played it up? They didn't even get passed.

So rigging the financial world to making them kings and the rest of us slaves is not affecting our freedoms? Are you really this dense? I'll take an even playing for all with less freedoms any day, instead of this fairy tale world for a small percentage of the population and the rest of us working like dogs to chase that unattainable golden carrot they hang out for us.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Patriot Act for one. Lying about why we were to invade Iraq. Failed to actually go after Osama (instead, went into Iraq). There's certainly more I could dig up and find, but really don't care about getting all wound up over something that was out of both of our control.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

The Patriot Act I guess we just have to agree to disagree. Bush did not allow a repeat of 9/11 or worse on his watch. That more than anything else; That ALONE makes him a Great president, as THAT is more important than anything else.

As for Iraq, what did Bush SAY was the reason for invading - as opposed to what actually WAS - in your opinion - the reason? MY opinion is that Bush maybe lied to hoodwink that most EVIL of villains, the leftist mainstream media - who couldn't handle/would have vilified the true reason. Would you agree, the STATED reasons were WMDs and al Qaeda activity within Saddam's borders? Technically, there WERE WMDs, just not many and not new and up to date, and there WAS in fact an al Qaeda camp inside Iraq's northern border - Ansar al Islam was its name, as I recall - I posted a lot about this, but it was over six years ago - before I "retired" from posting. The TRUE reason, IMO was O I L. Would you concur with that? And oil, to me, is a damn good PRO-AMERICAN reason. It also is a reason which the God damned ANTI-AMERICAN assholes of the left, particularly the leftist Mainstream Media hate and disparage. So what to do? LIE to the bastards!

As for Osama, considering the extremely great political benefit of getting him, I have to believe Bush did his level best to get that job done - unfortunately for everyone except piss ant Obama, he was unsuccessful.

Speaking of getting all wound up over stuff we "can't control", let me ask you the same as I asked Wade, do you believe the INSIDER/ILLUMINATI conspiracy theories - behind the scenes pulling the strings, controlling pretty much everything? And if you believe in it, do you see it as a good thing or bad? I was first "informed" about this the one and only John Birch Society meeting I went to - by a kinda wild-eyed half crazy gentleman. I never went back because I considered him/them/the theory to be loony. However, in recent years, I'm coming around to believing it. How about you?

Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.