DakotaT
10 years ago

I'm thinking you guys could buy a $3 ticket and winning $350 million dollars and instead of enjoying the $190 million, you'd spend your remaining days bitching and complaining about the taxes paid.

And .... nothing wrong with that ... just not how I choose to roll.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm too cheap to buy the $3 lottery ticket, which is another way to tax poor people.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago

Actually, I'm satisfied if you say they are both evil - just in different ways. Putting people down for reason of greed and jealousy is evil. However, the GREATER EVIL IMO, is trying to tear down America as we know it, screwing up the great life we all have.

Your example above is flawed. The Republicans - in your own words - GIVE those "rubes" what the rubes sincerely want in order to get their votes on issues keeping money in the pockets of those greedy bastards - did I state your opinion correctly? The Dem/libs employ shills - black preachers or whatever - what I call the "overseers" on the liberal plantation to capture black people's votes; Then they do NOT give them what they want; They diametrically oppose the good normal moral positions of most black people against abortion, against the gay agenda, for a strong military, against loose enforcement of illegal immigration.

You don't see a difference? The Republicans may bribe and give what those rube voters want, but the Dem/libs steal the votes, then "in your face" to the voters electing them.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

They are both evil because both are deceiving middle class voters. But somehow you can differentiate the Democrats as more evil. Minorities won't vote Republican because the Republicans refuse to give up on their assault on social programs. It's pretty clear that the Republicans are in a catch 22, which is amusing to me.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

They are both evil because both are deceiving middle class voters. But somehow you can differentiate the Democrats as more evil. Minorities won't vote Republican because the Republicans refuse to give up on their assault on social programs. It's pretty clear that the Republicans are in a catch 22, which is amusing to me.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

The deceit is all onesided, Dakota. You said yourself, the Republicans give the "rubes" what they want for their votes. WHERE do you see deceit there? The Dem/libs grab the votes, then go directly against the beliefs/values/wishes of those who voted for them. THAT is deceit.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago

What is apparent throughout this increasingly unreadable thread is that there aren't as many historians commenting as advocates. By that I mean the number of times people are making factual statements clearly colored by their political beliefs, not based on actual facts or even hypothetical suppositions with a basis in reality.

The shame of it is that for both the major political parties, their cynical clinging to their usual way of doing business has made it impossible for either one to satisfactorily make the country better for anyone, and the partisan bickering and heel-digging that has paralyzed the last few congresses has destroyed any hope of a better solution based on compromise.

Realistically, both parties have fallen short on issues related to minorities since they were at the top of the policy heap 150 years ago because both parties have, by nature of their being political parties, tried to think of short term success for the party not long term success for the country.

I would suggest that most of you give up on trying to make your arguments because your obvious partisan biases render you incapable of rational and realistic definition of the problem or solutions to it. The best thing any of you could do is read a lot more and do so without assuming that anyone who disagrees with you is biased toward the other side.

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 

Ow! :)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

I don't think one person or institutions (media, education, or entertainment) has that much influence over the American electorate.

I think Obama's election to the presidency was similar to Ronald Reagan‘s election to the presidency. First, Obama was a better politician than his opponents were. As much as people loathe politicians, they sure seem to vote for the better one each time. The other reason is it was a reaction to the previous presidency. People judged Jimmy Carter as a disappointment and gave the car keys to Reagan. They did the same from Bush to Obama. I believe the voters that don’t pay attention tend to vote with that methodology.

Now the reason Mitt Romney isn’t President today is the Republican Party has yet to fully recover from this era. In addition, their social politics -- like the southern strategy -- has gone from a great strength to a major weakness. So while the Republicans positions on taxes, spending, and regulation, may very well appeal to most voters, it’s their other policies that don't as much. The voters simply weigh the level of importance, and I think now more than ever, younger voters are particularly more willing to vote on social and scientific issues than pocketbook issues.

On the other hand, perhaps it's as simple as Jesse Jackson and Modern Family. [cheers]

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Think about what you just said - Obama got elected over Romney because of residual effects from Bush. I don't really know your politics, but can you HONESTLY say there was anything truly bad about George W. Bush? Or was it maybe that most sinister of all villains in our society today, the God damned leftist mainstream media that convinced a gullible public that there was something negative about Bush?

Obama was a better politician? Yeah, in the sense that politicians by nature are lying sacks of shit, and Obama is one of the damnedest lying sacks of shit that has come a long in a long time. I will, however, concede, the bar is set about as low as it can go in terms of politicians when the opponents are McCain and Romney. They were, however, at least honorable Americans - as opposed to piece of shit Obama who isn't even a little bit honorable and may not even be American.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
What is apparent throughout this increasingly unreadable thread is that there aren't as many historians commenting as advocates. By that I mean the number of times people are making factual statements clearly colored by their political beliefs, not based on actual facts or even hypothetical suppositions with a basis in reality.

The shame of it is that for both the major political parties, their cynical clinging to their usual way of doing business has made it impossible for either one to satisfactorily make the country better for anyone, and the partisan bickering and heel-digging that has paralyzed the last few congresses has destroyed any hope of a better solution based on compromise.

Realistically, both parties have fallen short on issues related to minorities since they were at the top of the policy heap 150 years ago because both parties have, by nature of their being political parties, tried to think of short term success for the party not long term success for the country.

I would suggest that most of you give up on trying to make your arguments because your obvious partisan biases render you incapable of rational and realistic definition of the problem or solutions to it. The best thing any of you could do is read a lot more and do so without assuming that anyone who disagrees with you is biased toward the other side.

Ow! :)

Originally Posted by: Wade 

What an all world IGNORAMUS hahahahahaha.

Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Think about what you just said - Obama got elected over Romney because of residual effects from Bush. I don't really know your politics, but can you HONESTLY say there was anything truly bad about George W. Bush? Or was it maybe that most sinister of all villains in our society today, the God damned leftist mainstream media that convinced a gullible public that there was something negative about Bush?

Obama was a better politician? Yeah, in the sense that politicians by nature are lying sacks of shit, and Obama is one of the damnedest lying sacks of shit that has come a long in a long time. I will, however, concede, the bar is set about as low as it can go in terms of politicians when the opponents are McCain and Romney. They were, however, at least honorable Americans - as opposed to piece of shit Obama who isn't even a little bit honorable and may not even be American.

There was plenty wrong with Bush.. The problem isn't if there was anything wrong with him, but the MSM's idealized DECEPTION of his 'wrong-doings'. If Bush passed all the legislation that Obama has, he would be on impeachment trial right now. And only because of the MSM bias.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
DakotaT
10 years ago

The deceit is all onesided, Dakota. You said yourself, the Republicans give the "rubes" what they want for their votes. WHERE do you see deceit there? The Dem/libs grab the votes, then go directly against the beliefs/values/wishes of those who voted for them. THAT is deceit.

The deceit lies in that they don't represent the middle class, just take their votes. The Republican's top priority is to cut taxes for the wealthy.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

There was plenty wrong with Bush.. The problem isn't if there was anything wrong with him, but the MSM's idealized DECEPTION of his 'wrong-doings'. If Bush passed all the legislation that Obama has, he would be on impeachment trial right now. And only because of the MSM bias.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

Technically, of course, a president doesn't pass anything, and he can't get impeached for following the letter of what Congress passes, but whatever on that.

Nice that you agree with the OBVIOUS - media bias.

What exactly was wrong with Bush in your eyes? I take it, you aren't a Bush-hater for the bullshit reasons the left likes to demagogue about him, so what?
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

The deceit lies in that they don't represent the middle class, just take their votes. The Republican's top priority is to cut taxes for the wealthy.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Dakota, I'm closer to agreeing with you than you know. It's just your reasons for opposing stuff and your priorities that are all screwed up.

Hell yeah, the Republicans' top priority - or the MOST PUBLICIZED one - was cutting taxes on the rich. Did you get that? MOST PUBLICIZED! How can their be DECEIT when the dumbass Republicans FLAUNTED the fact that they want to cut (or at least not raise) taxes on the rich? It's that exact DUMBASSERY that got them beat - twice. Why do middle class people vote Republican? First of all, they are FAR from a unified group. Maybe 55-60% of what most people call "middle class" vote Republican, and mostly it has nothing to do with taxes. There's at least a half dozen issues equally or more important as reasons for voting a certain way. But to the extent that middle class people do vote Republican because of tax cutting, it's because the cuts (or non-raising) apply to them as much as to the rich. WHERE exactly do you see DECEIT there?

What somebody needs to shake you about until a decent answer falls out is this: WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE - OR SHOULD ANYBODY CARE IF THE RICH GET RICHER (OR PAY LESS TAX) AS LONG AS THE POOR DON'T GET POORER AND THE MIDDLE CLASS ARE ALONG FOR THE RIDE GETTING RICHER TOO? Because THAT is what's happening! Whether we like all the nanny-state shit or not - all the welfare programs, etc., IT'S HAPPENING - the poor in this country are pretty damn well off. And the middle class? They have nicer houses, easier lives, more luxuries, a more affluent life in any measurable way than anytime in my lifetime - make that anytime in history. So why the hell whine and rant about the damn rich having too much? Most of them are obsessed with work and getting even richer, so they don't enjoy what they have anyway - So WHAT THE HELL DO YOU CARE?

I'm in the same boat as you in terms of NOT being born at the deep end of the sperm pool or whatever line that is you like to say, but I'm enjoying life thoroughly - turning shit into roses every day. Why in the hell do you make yourself so damn miserable by turning roses into shit with regard to class and income comparisons?

Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.