OlHoss1884
10 years ago
Maybe we're all wrong and it was the Blue Cotton Candy flavored Bubblicious that created Aaron Hernandez. He'd have been fine if he had been chawing grape bubble yum like any REAL American
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Maybe we're all wrong and it was the Blue Cotton Candy flavored Bubblicious that created Aaron Hernandez. He'd have been fine if he had been chawing grape bubble yum like any REAL American

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 

Is that "grape" as in Johnny Jolly brand grape juice flavored?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
10 years ago
Of course America isn't liable for Hernandez's actions... every person makes their own choices in life. He is no different in that.

But the underlying point made in the article is simply this, it could be strongly argued that athletes are no longer the driving force in youths life today. It is not about the crime rate among athletes or stereotyping a tatted up athlete.

It is that hollyweird and the thug culture propped up by musics of several genres relates better to youth than sports figures. Where things like street cred and swag has over powered measures like ERA, RBI, YPC and Passer ratings.

And it is not like Hollyweird and music has increased its draw, it is the sports athletes, or should I say sports in general, are becoming more and more about the money and rules than about the actual competition they are designed to be based upon. And honestly it is that motivating factor that is helping drive it out of the focus because less and less parents can actually afford to take kids to a ball game.. or want to because the fan behavior (another societal issue). You can watch a game on the tele... but nothing.. I mean nothing is like catching a game in person.

Where I connect to the article is here.. sports is about humility, sportsmanship and abiding by the rules of competition.. it is about losing and winning with grace and pushing oneself to grow as a complete person.

The human race is better with sports as a tool to help teach our youth.. and a simple walk through the halls of our high school (yes even here in the sticks) you see more kids connecting to 50 cent and Snoop Dogg (or the favor of the month) than you see a group of kids talking about Verlander performance on a Sunday afternoon in Tiger Stadium throwing a 1 hitter and questioning the scoring on that lone hit.

My point.. America is transforming in my opinion.. one in which Justin Beiber's actions in his neighborhood draw more attention than actions upon a field someplace in America.

And why.. I have my opinion.. on in which directly relates to the parenting skills or/and effort of of today's society. We are as a whole more of a me first society than a society as a whole.. and that carries over into families as well. We are consumers and takers ... living on fiscal and societal credit from decades past.. regardless of the thought we are too big to fail.. sooner or later all credit runs out.

I might be wrong.. but it is how I view the direction of this country from 30,000 feet.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Of course America isn't liable for Hernandez's actions... every person makes their own choices in life. He is no different in that.

But the underlying point made in the article is simply this, it could be strongly argued that athletes are no longer the driving force in youths life today. It is not about the crime rate among athletes or stereotyping a tatted up athlete.

It is that hollyweird and the thug culture propped up by musics of several genres relates better to youth than sports figures. Where things like street cred and swag has over powered measures like ERA, RBI, YPC and Passer ratings.

And it is not like Hollyweird and music has increased its draw, it is the sports athletes, or should I say sports in general, are becoming more and more about the money and rules than about the actual competition they are designed to be based upon. And honestly it is that motivating factor that is helping drive it out of the focus because less and less parents can actually afford to take kids to a ball game.. or want to because the fan behavior (another societal issue). You can watch a game on the tele... but nothing.. I mean nothing is like catching a game in person.

Where I connect to the article is here.. sports is about humility, sportsmanship and abiding by the rules of competition.. it is about losing and winning with grace and pushing oneself to grow as a complete person.

The human race is better with sports as a tool to help teach our youth.. and a simple walk through the halls of our high school (yes even here in the sticks) you see more kids connecting to 50 cent and Snoop Dogg (or the favor of the month) than you see a group of kids talking about Verlander performance on a Sunday afternoon in Tiger Stadium throwing a 1 hitter and questioning the scoring on that lone hit.

My point.. America is transforming in my opinion.. one in which Justin Beiber's actions in his neighborhood draw more attention than actions upon a field someplace in America.

And why.. I have my opinion.. on in which directly relates to the parenting skills or/and effort of of today's society. We are as a whole more of a me first society than a society as a whole.. and that carries over into families as well. We are consumers and takers ... living on fiscal and societal credit from decades past.. regardless of the thought we are too big to fail.. sooner or later all credit runs out.

I might be wrong.. but it is how I view the direction of this country from 30,000 feet.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Pack93, I have a lot of respect for you, but the fact is, there is so much in your post that I just strongly disagree with.

I don't think kids EVER saw athletes as the "driving force" in their lives. I was a kid when Eddie Matthews, Henry Aaron, and Warren Spahn were big, and a teenager when Starr, Hornung, Taylor, Nitschke, etc. were kings, and neither I nor anybody I knew ever said or thought "I want to be like them". We just lived our own lives, as kids now do and did in all the years in between.

Just as an aside, I probably hate tattoos as much as anybody my age, but they no longer are automatically a sign of badness - not among athletes or even regular people. My own son sheepishly told me he got one on each bicep hahaha - an American flag and a Philippine flag to reflect his being half and half. After I beat the crap out of him ....... just kidding hahaha. Actually, I complimented him on his choice.

Actually, I think Hollywood or modern music is increasing "its draw" on young people - in the popularity sense anyway, although I don't think there is much of any emulating going on there either. The influence on them is NOT from the stuff you mention, but from far more subtle and (IMO) sinister forces - the educational community and the news media - both of which are so disgustingly saturated with leftward bias. THAT, not behavior of athletes or poor pathetic Justin Bieber or Paris Hilton or whoever, is the reason we see the badness - cultural changes away from traditional morality, etc., and even in that, the kind of "thug culture" like with Hernandez is very rare. It's more like "loosening of morals" hahahaha - disturbing but ultimately not life or society threatening.

I don't know what kind of a hoity-toity society you grew up in hahahaha in terms of gentility in sports, but neither now nor in the past have I observed very much "humility, sportsmanship and abiding by the rules of competition.. it is about losing and winning with grace and pushing oneself to grow as a complete person". It's all about winning - fairly if possible, but winning - both in person and in pro sports. I suppose grace and sportsmanship are there, but they are and always have been secondary. Ask any kid hahahaha whether that kid is age 6 or age 66.

I think parenting and "family values" are still a factor, but "family values" basically means the values of the family - what the parents are, the kids become - for better or worse.

As for that "consumers and takers" thing, hell yeah! For that as well as my take on your "credit will run out" thing, see my post in the "Centrist" thread, as well as numerous others on the topic - in the spirit of not repeating it one more time here hahahaha - recalling that you were one of those who got kinda "old ladyish" about that sort of thing.

Pack93z
  • Pack93z
10 years ago
I guess I need to quantify all statements.... lol.. of course the main driving force in a child's life should be the parents or whomever fills that role.

But growing up and interactions with my 14 son and his friends, and the age group in central Wisconsin today. There is a small group that talk about sports with a passion.. but more so, it is one artist or another that drives the conversation.. or video games, lol.

When I grew up and now occasionally coaching a number of sports now (ages 7 to 16), no it isn't just about winning or losing. First it is about teaching fundamentals, from stance to arm angles to footwork and situational play. Then it is about sportsmanship and learning how to win and losing with humility. Sure competition and "winning" is important, but it is truly rare for an athlete not to experience loss. It is how you deal with loss, manage it and grow from it that is important both in sports and more importantly life.

Sure in pro ball or even college today.. winning is everything.. but at the high school and below level.. it is about growth, teaching and showing them how to apply the lessons learned in sports to life.

Each season I coach, I share my story and how I made it through the physical and non physical part, and why I take the approach I do.

Make no mistake, I want to win.. and we drive to win.. but within the framework of sportsmanship. Te me.. that is what the essence of sports is about.. and why year after year I become more and more distanced by the pro brands of sports.. every now and then you see glimpses of the roots of sports.. but more often than not it is money and whining ass punks crying about one thing or another on the field of play. From Lebron James to Aaron Rodgers.. every call is not going to go your way.. deal with it and carry on. Tim Duncan to me displays that constantly.. Barry Sanders did. Scott Rolen did.

And in terms of the world I grew up in.. hell yeah sports was what we talked about in school.. and I was usually behind the curve as I lived on a farm and sporting events were secondary to daily life. But when I went outside.. it was to play hoops or ball.. when at school the topics were sports driven.

Maybe that is not the norm.. but in the same small town decades later.. sports are not king.. some jackass with his pants around his knees with a mic in their hand. Or some dumpster fire of a musician or actor/actress is.. or the latest call of duty game.

Old fashion or not.. it is how I viewed the world growing up.. and think many a child still does. Just not the same percentage as once was.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago
Pack93z as "hoity toity"...now I've heard it all! And the only time I remember him being old-ladyish is when he had to dress up as Brunhilde because an ill-fated bet with Nick.

Actually, the loosening of morals *can* have an effect on society's stability and sustainability. I'm not particularly worried about thug culture (partly because I live in a town of 1200), but to me that thug culture is symptomatic of a larger problem.

I'm not going to blame gangsta rap or television or Hollywood. To my mind, these are all symptoms [except for some Ice-T/Public Enemy stuff and the Steven Seagal movies, of course, which are part of coolness] of a larger problem of self-centeredness and entitlement in America. Like DakotaT, though for different reasons, I blame the baby boomers. They were the first spoiled generation and the first generation that started to take God systematically out of public/community life and so they [er, we] started us on the path. Two more generations of spoiled adolescents followed. And so we are now threatened by a pervasive culture of me...me...me, and instead of leavening the bread of life pursued out of self-interest by the temperance and social responsibility of following and pleasing God, we leaven it with the moral relativism of "good for society is what I (or the President or CNN or my professor or my charismatic preacher) say it is.

People might find it odd that I put both professor and preacher in that parenthetical. But today's professor is far more willing to put faith in (his/her) human reason than defer by faith in God. And as for the charismatic preachers out there (I'm thinking in particular of the "prosperity gospel" types), they're more Madison Avenue, New York Times, Harvard, and Playboy in their argument than they are Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

And forget about Paul. Oh, those TV preachers love Paul, especially when they want to stay Old Testament. But in their lives, and the prosperity they preach, they completely ignore the real meat of the Pauline letters: the God first part, the Bible as Truth part, the passes all understanding part, and above all, the submission part of being a "slave" to God's Word.

Just like the mainstream culture and, for that matter, almost all of the fringe cultures. (Indeed, this is the biggest problem with most of the libertarians and anarchists with whom I am otherwise usually so sympatico: even more than the mainstream, they have bought into the secularization of life.

After all, secularization and modern economic growth c. 1750-present have appeared to be joined at the hip. The Enlightenment, the industrial revolution, technological change, innovation, democracy, liberalism [either the classical kind or the modern kind], nationalism, communism, social democracy -- these are all human inventions and human institutions and human systems. And they are inventions, institutions and systems that have accompanied historically unprecedented wealth and opportunity and quality of life.

Yet while all of those human changes have been erecting more and more valuable buildings, higher and higher skyscrapers of prosperity, the land underneath has been decaying. And a big part of the decay, the biggest part of all IMO, is replacement of a God-inspired and God-following morality with a morality that, to paraphrase a famous agnostic pagan from a while back, holds that man (and his values) are the measure of all things.

And, so, instead of ensuring that we are grounded upon the (bed)Rock of Ages, we simply, in the manner of Vegas, simply build bigger and fancier monuments to our self-importance on beds of sand.

I still believe that ours is the greatest nation in human history. But so was Babylon.

And remember what happened to *its* towers.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago

I guess I need to quantify all statements.... lol.. of course the main driving force in a child's life should be the parents or whomever fills that role.

But growing up and interactions with my 14 son and his friends, and the age group in central Wisconsin today. There is a small group that talk about sports with a passion.. but more so, it is one artist or another that drives the conversation.. or video games, lol.

When I grew up and now occasionally coaching a number of sports now (ages 7 to 16), no it isn't just about winning or losing.

I agree with everything in your post. I just want to go slightly sidewise (but stay on topic).

I'm curious. When did you start "organized" sports? For me, it started in 7th grade. (We didn't even have little league until I was too old for it, though it was certainly around in bigger towns and cities). Before that, we learned and played football in backyards and in the tree-less parts of public parts, in pick up games. (We also played tackle football, without helmets or any pads.) And that's where I learned sportsmanship. On the playground. Playing catch with my dad or my brother or dealing with the parents of my fellow players.

We didn't have fancy equipment. Some were lucky to get new baseball gloves, but they weren't $150 gloves. Our footballs and basketballs lasted for years, and our baseballs lasted until they were so stained by dirt and grass stains that they got lost when someone homered into the long grass.

We didn't have rule books. We didn't have school sponsorship. We didn't have coaches, merely parents who would play catch and siblings who would pick us for that day's team (sometimes). We had games in PhyEd, of course, but we learned the games, and we learned the morality of sportsmanship outside of school.

"Going out for sports"? Only in 7th grade. Before that we "played games." Oh, we kept score. But only for one game at a time. We didn't have "standings" and "tournaments" and "league championships". It was "team" activity, but the teams were as ephemeral as the score. One day Mike with the great arm was on your team. The next day it was Greg, and you were trying to tackle Mike before he scored.

Is that the case today? No. As a teacher, I have the ability in the summer to walk around town in the middle of the day. [Not because I have summers "off" and work less, mind you, but merely because in the summer I have more freedom to decide when I take breaks and when I toil at the desk.] But do I see young kids playing in yards or in the park as we used to do? Only on weekends when there is a tournament that mom/dad can attend, chaperone, coach.

Oh, kids still play "on their own", don't get me wrong. But they don't play the same way.

We don't let them. We are too busy, and they're too busy, organizing their lives and pursuing their me-ness via cell phone, World of Warcraft, or starting on their fifth grade team.

There's hardly a player in college or pro sports today that wasn't relegating the time he or she was "playing" his or her game play to time spent in or preparing for "organized leagues" by the time they and their neighbors were in third or fourth grade.

I had coaches who taught me many of the virtues of teamwork. I also had some who were awful at it, but that's neither here nor there. Because I didn't get all those teamwork value from my coaches. I learned it by dealing with asshole ball hogs and learning which parents were which and by getting the wind knocked out me by some guy two grades above me and then having one of my teammates beating the crap out of him.

The foundation of my teamwork values wasn't the ground of a school football field nicely laid out with chalk lines. It was back yards and parks where boundaries were defined by a jacket or a pop can, where scoring was determined by an invisible line between two trees, and where "playing fair" was determined by arguments (and occasionally) fights between the protagonists.

Today?

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
10 years ago

Pack93z as "hoity toity"...now I've heard it all! And the only time I remember him being old-ladyish is when he had to dress up as Brunhilde because an ill-fated bet with Nick.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

They still have that picture hanging here at work in the break room.. how they got that image I still do not know. I have my guess.. but even for VR that is pretty sneaky.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
10 years ago

I'm curious. When did you start "organized" sports?

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I was a football fan since I can remember as a child, per my parents.. age 2 I was running around with her Packer helmet that was for decor lol. Cheap plastic helmet with minimal padding.. but it did the trick.

Growing up on a farm and being the oldest, we didn't have time for me to play summer baseball.. but organized football was freshmen year.. but neighbor hood ball with a bunch of farm kids.. almost every weekend.. our one part of the yard was about a 30 yard football field.. shaped and maintained by me as such lol.

Basketball I started about age 8 playing organized ball.. but I had to do the chores after practice no matter the time.. home games as well.

We never had sponsors other than baseball.. but like I said, spring and summer ball was out.. probably why I never excelled at it.

In terms of rules.. even neighborhood ball has a rule set.. but rarely a time limit. But in terms of game play.. it was very similar to what you watched on the weekends or nights.

Sportsmanship was not a big part of the neighborhood ball.. that was about the score. But I grew up with two very good coaches.. one still coaches today yet.. they were grinders but they also had a very solid foundation of how to play the game. The lone exception was the varsity Basketball coach.. he was all about the score.. had a temper like Bobby Knight and suffered a heart attack around 50... but that was the exception. Baseball in HS we yearly were int he state conversation in terms of championship.. still are today in our division. Iverson still coaches that way.. drive hard but drive straight by the book.

Anyway.. done rambling and have to run.. but IMO, one can be in it to win.. but play the game with integrity and grace. Ladyish or not. [grin1]

By the way.. to be clear, I know living in rural America with lack of "cultural" options also play a role in my view of a high importance in sports... and the outdoors.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

When I grew up and now occasionally coaching a number of sports now (ages 7 to 16), no it isn't just about winning or losing. First it is about teaching fundamentals, from stance to arm angles to footwork and situational play. Then it is about sportsmanship and learning how to win and losing with humility. Sure competition and "winning" is important, but it is truly rare for an athlete not to experience loss. It is how you deal with loss, manage it and grow from it that is important both in sports and more importantly life.

Sure in pro ball or even college today.. winning is everything.. but at the high school and below level.. it is about growth, teaching and showing them how to apply the lessons learned in sports to life.

Each season I coach, I share my story and how I made it through the physical and non physical part, and why I take the approach I do.

Make no mistake, I want to win.. and we drive to win.. but within the framework of sportsmanship. Te me.. that is what the essence of sports is about.. and why year after year I become more and more distanced by the pro brands of sports.. every now and then you see glimpses of the roots of sports.. but more often than not it is money and whining ass punks crying about one thing or another on the field of play. From Lebron James to Aaron Rodgers.. every call is not going to go your way.. deal with it and carry on. Tim Duncan to me displays that constantly.. Barry Sanders did. Scott Rolen did.

And in terms of the world I grew up in.. hell yeah sports was what we talked about in school.. and I was usually behind the curve as I lived on a farm and sporting events were secondary to daily life. But when I went outside.. it was to play hoops or ball.. when at school the topics were sports driven.

Maybe that is not the norm.. but in the same small town decades later.. sports are not king.. some jackass with his pants around his knees with a mic in their hand. Or some dumpster fire of a musician or actor/actress is.. or the latest call of duty game.

Old fashion or not.. it is how I viewed the world growing up.. and think many a child still does. Just not the same percentage as once was.

I see pretty much the same as you among youth regarding less passionate interest in sports and more in whoever the current big name in music or whatever is. However, I don't see any translation of that to behavior like Hernandez or for that matter any correlation with behavior at all, either bad or good.

I used to coach youth sports too, and I of course taught the fundamentals, and I gave lip service to sportsmanship and grace in winning or losing, and all that goody goody crap, but I'm here to tell you, I never FELT it - not as a kid and teenager, not at middle age playing and coaching, and still not now as an old man still playing. I just came from three grueling sets of tennis, losing 2 of 3 to a guy I usually beat, and yeah, I congratulated him, but my blood was boiling because I choked on a couple of crucial points. Grace is a damn ACT - unless you are a helluva lot better person than me or anybody I know. And what you said about pro and college, you better include high school in that too, and middle school not that far removed.

Officiating deserves its a whole thread of its own hahahahaha. I will just say, I see occasional mistakes in the NFL and MLB. However, I see a PATTERN OF BIAS in the damned NBA - bias in favor of certain teams - mostly but not limited to big cities (oddly, Memphis and San Antonio get favored treatment too) and in favor of certain "stars", as well as against certain players. TIM DUNCAN??? Gosh, man, I hate that guy so much!!! Nobody I can think of in the history of pro sports ever got the God damn BIAS in his FAVOR like Duncan. It was comical in the Olympics to see that piece of crap with the confused and disheartened look on his face when after decades in the NBA, somebody among officials of the world didn't get the message and actually called them FAIR on him. Duncan fouls literally EVERY play, and let somebody as much as breathe on him and it's a foul. And Shawn Bradley just the opposite!!!!!! The God damned NBA just couldn't stand a white 7'6" guy being successful. He would literally get MUGGED and no call, and he would make a clean block or do NOTHING at all and get fouled out. They LITERALLY STOLE HIS CAREER!!! Nowitzski it started to be the same until Mark Cuban opened his mouth and complained publicly. And Steve Nash in Dallas versus Steve Nash in Phoenix? It's just CRIMINAL. He got beat up horrendously with virtually no calls in Dallas, but as soon as he went to Phoenix, it was Thou Shalt Not get within a foot of Steve Nash. Yeah, off topic, but the NBA really gets me going, and to use Tim Duncan as an example of anything good? Hell No!!!!

I hear ya; I sympathize/empathize/whatever about the cultural deterioration. but you know what? Most of those dumb ass teenagers are gonna grow up just fine, and the ones who don't probably wouldn't have back in the day either. And at some point, their sports fanhood will probably even kick in hahahaha.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (21m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.