DarkaneRules
10 years ago
I am interested in hearing the players that everybody will be paying attention to the most in order as part of your own personal top 5 list.

5. Mike Neal

A lot will be asked of this guy I believe because of flashes of dominance he has shown over the past year and a half. I think he will answer the call and hope to see evidence of that in the pre-season games.

4. Casey Hayward

Or as I call him Vandy is actually my 2nd favorite player on defense at the moment. He is a guy that I want to see make that next jump in performance and consistency.

3. Bryan Bulaga

Last year shook my confidence on him a little bit. It is hard to block these guys in the NFL and I hope he is up to the challenge this year. I will be watching him more than anyone else on the o-line. Is his job secure if he really struggles?

2. Jonathan Franklin

He is a wild card to me and that builds the excitement about what he can do here. I often think to myself could he beat out Lacy for a starting job? I wonder how he will be used in the offense and/or special teams. I am more intrigued by his potential than Lacy.

1. Datone Jones

He talks a big game and that intrigued me from the start. I love his confidence. Draft reports widely project him to be a better pro than college level player, and that is always encouraging to hear. What I like hearing the most about him is that he doesn't make the same mistake twice. I cannot wait to watch how he performs in the pre-season.

Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
nerdmann
10 years ago
1: Eddie Lacy

2: Johnathan Franklin

3: Alex Green

4: Jerron McMillian

5: Nick Perry

Honorable mention: Dez Moses, Nate Palmer, Charles Johnson, Kevin Dorsey, Tramon Williams' shoulder, Sam Shields.

EDIT: Let's also include the battle at C, EDS v Patrick Lewis.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Laser Gunns
10 years ago
1. Nick Perry

-Walden was so bad last year, I wanted some coaches shit-canned for keeping him on the field. Watching NFLN the other day as they were highlighting our crap run D, ALL the runs were right at Walden. He and Pickett really hurt the D.

2. Datone Jones

-the play of our front 7 sucked. It was really hard to watch everyone (not named Matthews) get stonewalled every down. I'm really counting on this guy to elevate the play of our line. It's asking a lot, but we need help.

3. The new WRs
- this group is as shallow as it has been in 5-6 years. Jones and Cobb have not cracked 1k yards (my benchmark for "starter quality"). And Nelson has only done it once in 4 years. If we want this passing O to work, these guys need to develop quick.

4. Eddie Lacy
- PRAISE JEEBUS, A RUNNING BACK! When was the last time our running game was feared? The 2nd half of 07'?? Unfortunately he runs left-handed which leads to....

5. The OL.
- Mike McCarthy has once again shuffled the deck.. I'm more concerned with moving Sitton/Lang than Bulaga/Newhouse. Is EDS ready to be a full-timer?

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
  1. Davon House - I'm hoping to see what some of you see in him, and then some.

2. Johnny Jolly - I'm rooting for him because I believe in second (or fifth) chances and if he does regain 2009 form, Packers be solid at DL.

3. Nick Perry - I liked what I seen from him prior to the injury. I think he's gonna be a solid compliment to Clay Matthews III and will be a force.

4. Sean Richardson - I liked him in pre-season. He seemed to always be around the ball either making the play or assisting in stopping the play.

5. Jermichael Finley - Between TE and WR, he's right up there with being most experienced (James Jones 1st) and I think --- err hope --- that revelation makes him mature and be the dominant TE we hoped he'd be. If not, he's gone.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

1. Davon House - I'm hoping to see what some of you see in him, and then some.

2. Johnny Jolly - I'm rooting for him because I believe in second (or fifth) chances and if he does regain 2009 form, Packers be solid at DL.

3. Nick Perry - I liked what I seen from him prior to the injury. I think he's gonna be a solid compliment to Clay Matthews III and will be a force.

4. Sean Richardson - I liked him in pre-season. He seemed to always be around the ball either making the play or assisting in stopping the play.

5. Jermichael Finley - Between TE and WR, he's right up there with being most experienced (James Jones 1st) and I think --- err hope --- that revelation makes him mature and be the dominant TE we hoped he'd be. If not, he's gone.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Good call on Jolly.

Richardson won't play again. Packers staff is WAAAAY conservative in these situations.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
porky88
10 years ago
1. Johnathan Franklin
I was very impressed with him at UCLA. I think he's a great fit for this offense. I want to see him in the screen game as much as the rushing game. I also look forward to watching him pass protect. If he nails the latter (and I think he will), he'll be hard to keep off the field.

2. Eddie Lacy
He was tough, decisive, and productive at Alabama. I think the first two can translate to the NFL. I don't know about his production, though. By college standards, Alabama's o-line is amazing, so Lacy's going to have fun going from the best college o-line to a very mediocre NFL o-line.

3. Bryan Bulaga
Bulaga has the technique and intelligence to play left tackle. Does have the physical ability? I thought so in college, but I believe he's among the NFC's best right tackles. I'd recognize him as among the most underrated players on the team. People complain about the o-line, but Bulaga and Sitton are legitimate building blocks. My worry is that Green Bay is exchanging a good starting right tackle for an average starting left tackle.

4. Jerron McMillian
The Packers may have overestimated their safeties. This could cost them, as a result. The favorite to start is likely McMillian. He has good size and range. However, I see a bit of Atari Bigby in him. He can definitely deliver a blow, but he's a bit of a liability downfield. I'd like to see him play like the '07 Bigby opposed to just about every other season's version.

5. David Bakhtiari
I'm hoping he can push Marshall Newhouse or even T.J. Lang. If that's Green Bay's right side, then not a lot is going to change up front. Bakhtiari is very assignment sound and a quality pass protector. Will the latter translate to the NFL? I think it could, if the Packers play him at right tackle. I don't like him inside at guard, but I have a feeling that's where he's heading.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
1. Nick Perry - if he is healthy and anything at all resembling CM3, WOW!

2. Bryan Bulaga - He was bad for no apparent reason before the injury. It's imperative he bounces back to 2011 quality or better.

3. Tramon Williams - because so many say he is on the way out. I don't believe it - but I could be wrong.

4. Derrick Sherrod - so little is expected of him now. If by some miracle he does play like a #1 pick, it's frosting on the cake.

5. Mason Crosby - a great team needs at least a good kicker. For the money he makes, he BETTER be it - or else his leash is short.

I'm tempted to put Aaron Rodgers on the list, because it ALL depends on him still being simply the best player in football. I left him off because like almost everybody else, I take him for granted.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
1. Nick Perry-is he fully recovered from his wrist injury? Will he show signs of playing OLB more instinctively?
2. Datone Jones-not because I question his ability but because I'm eager to see how much he shows off since there shouldn't be a teething period for him like seemingly every other defensive player this team has drafted
3. Don Barclay-want to see how much he can improve his pass protection
4. Terrell Manning-while Bishop getting axed to pay Jones is easy to see, I think they would have done more to retain Bishop if they weren't high on Manning
5. Alex Green-curious to see how after having a full season of playtime (more or less) plus a couple offseason workouts help him. Hopefully he can show some pass catching and blitz pickup skills because this team hasn't had much the past two seasons from the RB position.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
1-5 Aaron Rodgers. How he goes is how the team will go. I don't expect there to be any problems or issues.

After him:
Lacy and Franklin. Will GB have a true running game?
Bulaga and Sitton. Will they make the adjustment and solidify the left side of the line?
Sherrod, Barclay and Newhouse. Who will take over the RT position?
Datone Jones because they need help on the DL and he is the first round pick.
Nick Perry. GB needs someone to pressure the QB besides CM3.

UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago
I can't seem to come up with only 5. There are so many players that I am looking forward to seeing compete for positions, contribute as starters and/or take that next step.

If I had to only pick 5, it would probably be:

1. Eddie Lacy
2. Datone Jones
3. Nick Perry
4. Terrell Manning
5. Andrew Quarless

My next 5 would be:

6. Nate Palmer
7. Micah Hyde
8. Josh Boyd
9. Jonathan Franklin
10. Nate McMillian

All of these players look to have so much to offer in terms of upgrades to our level of play at those positions. I like the Richardson, Finley, Jolly and Hayward picks too. A lot. Bahktiari, Newhouse, Bulaga, EDS, Mike Neal... Cobb...

We have so many players with the potential to upgrade play and contribute significantly. I can't wait to see all of it come together to make for a special season. 19-0.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.