Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 6:05:46 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266
Green.
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 6:22:08 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 5,314
Applause Received: 1,239
agopackgo4 said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah you know what I forgot about Quarless. I would like to change my answer to him. Assuming he gets enough of a chance. Everyone has talked about Finley's raw physical talent and ability. But I'd like to point out how Quarless is built as well. And I think he has very good raw ability.

Not only that, he's willing to block. And he does it well.
Offline agopackgo4  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 6:23:24 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 3
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Not only that, he's willing to block. And he does it well.

And people shouldn't forget who helped the offense on the way to the Super Bowl...
Offline beast  
#14 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 6:54:59 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 462
Applause Received: 556
And people shouldn't forget who helped the offense on the way to the Super Bowl...

Yes he did a great blocking and being used a deep decoy to get the Safeties to follow the deepest guy (him) while WRs undercut his route and caught passes underneath for 1st downs.

Though he did have the speed to get deep fast which is great, but also remember why he was in that role. Mike McCarthy changed the offense to focus on the TEs (mainly Finley) then Finley got hurt and Mike McCarthy tried to keep the offense the same but Quarless couldn't fill that playmaking role to Mike McCarthy switched it back to focus on the WRs. And Quarless did GREAT in the smaller role.

But that's my worry with Quarless, will he make the catches or will he go back to dropping a lot of passes even though he did a great job of getting open.

With the way Quarless moves, very quick powerful burst, you could (and Mike McCarthy has on screens) use Quarless some what in the same way you use Cobb... well of course Quarless is 6'5" 250 and can't change directions nearly as well as Cobb but he could do all the quick burst stuff and he has a lot more power and blocking skill than Cobb.

But IMO what role he plays all depends on weather how well he can catch the ball. Too often in the past it looks like Quarless would lose the ball in the air and not realize where it was until it was too late. Hopefully he's got that fixed.
Offline agopackgo4  
#15 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 7:00:21 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 3
You may have a point beast... But remember, that offense centered around TE's wasn't exactly humming along and looking great before Finley got hurt. It didn't happen until the last few games of the regular season. Didn't matter if it was Finley or Quarless.
Offline beast  
#16 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 7:18:02 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 462
Applause Received: 556
You may have a point beast... But remember, that offense centered around TE's wasn't exactly humming along and looking great before Finley got hurt. It didn't happen until the last few games of the regular season. Didn't matter if it was Finley or Quarless.

I'm just saying the kid has a TON of potential, but he won't be able to reach it if he doesn't fix his catching problem.

As far as the 2010 regular season it started and finished 3-3. And if I remember correctly Finley was playing great before getting hurt while Jennings was playing worse and at times throwing a hissy fit at times during the middle of the game.

If I remember correctly one that got him a lot of attention on this board was a DEEP pass that went off his hands and into the hands of a defender, but Jennings was too busy complaining to notice the defender caught it and returned it a good ways.

So it wasn't just Finley but also Jennings playing harder complaining less, and I believe Nelson finally broke out at the end of the season.

So it's not all just Quarless. But again, Quarless has major potential and I'm very much hoping he breaks out like we know he can (which is why I listed him as one of my break out guys).
Offline PackerTraxx  
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 12:07:40 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 227
I'll go with Perry and House on the D. On O I'll go with Quarless and, here's a real flyer, Sherrod.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 7/20/2013(UTC)
Offline Bigbyfan  
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 4:28:05 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 79
Applause Received: 216
Morgan Burnett - He just received his new contract, now he's going to go out there and earn it. As my "breakout player," I am hoping he makes the same Year 4 jump that Nick Collins made. With the added pass rush, I could see Burnett becoming our next turnover machine at Safety. He showed last year that he has no problem being around the ball, with over 100 tackles. IMO, this is the year where more of those tackles turn into forced fumbles and he finds his hands on more interceptions. As the new "leader" of the secondary, he has added responsibility in making sure everyone is where they have to be. I'm hoping he is able to step up and become one of our better defensive players. He has the ability to.
Offline steveishere  
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:41:47 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 1,471
Brian Bulaga - Technically he was a breakout player in 2011 but with some struggles last year and a position change I think he can have a "breakout" year as a LT.
Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 8:53:12 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 5,314
Applause Received: 1,239
Andrew Datko: Training Camp Dark Horse or Off the Team?

Quote:
Here’s a quick rundown of the Packers offensive line situation. In for sure: Bryan Bulaga, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Marshall Newhouse. Probably in: David Bakhtiari, Don Barclay, Sherrod (if healthy). Fighting for their lives: Datko, Greg Van Roten, Lane Taylor, whoever the hell they list as a backup center.

There are already eight offensive lineman with a head start on Datko. Another one (Van Roten) is also probably ahead of him.

The odds for Datko don’t look very good, but it’s hard to count out a guy who was so promising before getting hurt.

Dude's got a shot.
Rss Feed