Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DoddPower  
#21 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:55:27 PM(UTC)
Well, at least Jennings doesn't have to worry about his new QB constantly hearing how great he is.

Honestly, I wish he would just shut up. What exactly is his purpose? I just don't see the point in airing stuff like this out. It's only going to increase the number of personal questions asked 10-fold. Any objective person knows that Aaron Rodgers isn't perfect, far from it. So is Greg Jennings. I'll never forget how often he would whine to the refs. There's not a single player in the NFL or person that is perfect. They all have flaws, and are going to rub some people the wrong way. I really don't see the point in bringing all that to the media, unless the player just feeds off the attention. I don't expect the Vikings to be winning a whole lot, so perhaps that kind of attention is all Greg will get now.

Either way, just shut up Greg. If you have some issue with Aaron Rodgers, be a man and talk to him about it. We don't need to hear your guy's dirty laundry. He sounds like a cry-baby.
wpr  
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:44:15 PM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
Well, at least Jennings doesn't have to worry about his new QB constantly hearing how great he is.

Honestly, I wish he would just shut up. What exactly is his purpose? I just don't see the point in airing stuff like this out. It's only going to increase the number of personal questions asked 10-fold. Any objective person knows that Aaron Rodgers isn't perfect, far from it. So is Greg Jennings. I'll never forget how often he would whine to the refs. There's not a single player in the NFL or person that is perfect. They all have flaws, and are going to rub some people the wrong way. I really don't see the point in bringing all that to the media, unless the player just feeds off the attention. I don't expect the Vikings to be winning a whole lot, so perhaps that kind of attention is all Greg will get now.

Either way, just shut up Greg. If you have some issue with Aaron Rodgers, be a man and talk to him about it. We don't need to hear your guy's dirty laundry. He sounds like a cry-baby.

If the guys want to trash talk each other, if they want to kid around and rib one another I don't mind it at all. It is really stupid to do so via the press. It makes him look petty.
nyrpack  
#23 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:24:20 PM(UTC)
Who cares what he has to say the media will blow it out of proportion looking for a story anyway the hasnt been the same for awhile due to injury bugs we get more jones and Cobb and will be just fine !!
Formo  
#24 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:27:10 PM(UTC)
lol You guys keep assuming he's the one bringing up Rodgers in these interviews. You do realize that he's being ASKED about A-Rod, and the quotes you are seeing are his responses, right?

I love the back and forth. Just adds spice to the rivalry.
steveishere  
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:03:56 PM(UTC)
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
lol You guys keep assuming he's the one bringing up Rodgers in these interviews. You do realize that he's being ASKED about A-Rod, and the quotes you are seeing are his responses, right?

Calling BS on this. Greg doesn't have to criticize (vaguely or not that's what he's doing) former team/teammates every time someone puts a mic in front of his face, he's going out of his way to do it. The guy has sold himself his whole career as a all american humble pie type of person and now hes acting like a bitter upset child. There's nothing stopping him from saying nice things about people he's ASKED about (that's what old Greg would do). All this proves to us is he's been a fake for all these years.
DoddPower  
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:20:48 PM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
Calling BS on this. Greg doesn't have to criticize (vaguely or not that's what he's doing) former team/teammates every time someone puts a mic in front of his face, he's going out of his way to do it. The guy has sold himself his whole career as a all american humble pie type of person and now hes acting like a bitter upset child. There's nothing stopping him from saying nice things about people he's ASKED about (that's what old Greg would do). All this proves to us is he's been a fake for all these years.

lol, I agree. Formo must think that Greg must give a long criticizing answer to every question the media asks. What a joke. It would be easier for him to just to "next question," "No comment," or any other number of things than to give detailed explanations of his OPINION. As I said, what does he hope answering those types of questions will achieve? It can only bring about negative things, so what's the point? The Green Bay Packers business is the Green Bay Packers, not Greg Jennings nor the Vikings, and Vice-versa. Greg is obviously either looking to get some extra attention or is just butt-hurt and being a baby publicly, for some reason. Keep the focus on the Vikings, Craig.

Butt Hurt

The Reason He's Butt Hurt
Formo  
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:45:57 PM(UTC)
Calling BS on this.

Go ahead, doesn't make it any less true.

Greg doesn't have to criticize (vaguely or not that's what he's doing) former team/teammates every time someone puts a mic in front of his face,

No, he doesn't. But he's obliging the question asker with an answer. Truthful? Who knows.

he's going out of his way to do it.

False.

The guy has sold himself his whole career as a all american humble pie type of person and now hes acting like a bitter upset child.

Says the green and gold wearing fan... hahaha

There's nothing stopping him from saying nice things about people he's ASKED about (that's what old Greg would do). All this proves to us is he's been a fake for all these years.

I don't know much about the 'old Greg'. I just know that his quotes are taken out of context. What you read in these articles are simply his responses to direct questions. You can call him whatever you want, that's fine. What we are seeing now isn't anything new in the NFL.. Hell, or even between our two teams.
dingus  
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:50:02 PM(UTC)
I was reading the Wilde article about GJ's, IMO, sour grapes about the Pack and this quote from Aaron during the off season struck me as something that might have pissed him off:

“Obviously the big throws and catches in the Super Bowl, a couple of my biggest throws and best throws of my life, and he was on the other end of them. It’s been great throwing to him, but there’s a lot of guys who may or may not get paid the next few years, and obviously with Jordy (Nelson) and his contract situation, I think you have to think about whether or not there’s room for all of us. If there’s not, obviously you wish Greg the best. He’s a great guy and will be a great friend.”

I know it's not much but It seemed to me at the time as something 12 said that could have stuck in his craw.
DoddPower  
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:01:30 PM(UTC)
I don't know much about the 'old Greg'. I just know that his quotes are taken out of context. What you read in these articles are simply his responses to direct questions. You can call him whatever you want, that's fine. What we are seeing now isn't anything new in the NFL.. Hell, or even between our two teams.

It doesn't matter if the quotes are "taken out of context", or not. The reality is he's still saying a bunch of crap that really has no business being said, imo. Perhaps you feel differently. The media will ask any and all questions possible, it doesn't mean all, or any, of them need to be answered. Many in the NFL gloss over certain questions that they are routinely asked. It may annoy some fans, but there's a good reason behind it. There's absolutely no benefit in saying certain things to reporters, except for the reporters themselves. I prefer players to keep their comments about certain things between the players and coaches, especially when it comes to other teams. Of course, the Vikings certainly have an odd, albeit loser, way of going about things, so it doesn't surprise me they have already rubbed off on Greg. As McCarthy said, something happens when players put on purple. Being a perennial failure is contagious.
steveishere  
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:06:27 PM(UTC)
Go ahead, doesn't make it any less true.

No, he doesn't. But he's obliging the question asker with an answer. Truthful? Who knows.

False.

Says the green and gold wearing fan... hahaha

lol, "I deny everything" says the purple wearing fan. Everything I said was true. Do you have some sort of transcript to that latest article that shows he was taken "out of context"? I doubt it, You are just assuming that because that's what you want to be true. If you want to refute what's been written down then bring something to the table other than lame replies like "false". Otherwise you are coming off as butthurt just like your buddy Greg, or am I taking you out of context? [laughing]
Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:07:45 PM(UTC)
I think it's interesting that Greg Jennings has a new team and yet continues talking about his old team. I think after the first question about the old team, I'd have to stymie those questions and politely say "look, Green Bay is the greatest, but now I'm a Viking so please, lets focus on that chapter of my NFL career, regardless of how futile it surely will prove to be".

I mean, when you break up with a girl and start dating a new one, do you answer questions about your ex, even if asked? If yes, you only make that mistake once.
Formo  
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:11:09 PM(UTC)
lol, "I deny everything" says the purple wearing fan. Everything I said was true. Do you have some sort of transcript to that latest article that shows he was taken "out of context"? I doubt it, You are just assuming that because that's what you want to be true. If you want to refute what's been written down then bring something to the table other than lame replies like "false". Otherwise you are coming off as butthurt just like your buddy Greg, or am I taking you out of context? [laughing]

Be smart. That's all I ask. Clearly you don't know how sports journalism (or ANY journalism for that matter) works. They ask juicy questions, get answers, and put quotes down in a way to garner buys/clicks. Tale as old as time.

The majority of these quotes are coming straight off a video. Watch it, then you will not only get the context in which he answers, but the TONE (which is the biggest thing missing in text quotes) in which he answers.

All I'm saying is you guys are making much ado about nothing.
steveishere  
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:18:36 PM(UTC)
Be smart. That's all I ask. Clearly you don't know how sports journalism (or ANY journalism for that matter) works. They ask juicy questions, get answers, and put quotes down in a way to garner buys/clicks. Tale as old as time.

The majority of these quotes are coming straight off a video. Watch it, then you will not only get the context in which he answers, but the TONE (which is the biggest thing missing in text quotes) in which he answers.

All I'm saying is you guys are making much ado about nothing.

No the majority of what I'm talking about is coming from the most recent article they did. Sure you could point to just 1 thing and say maybe it was taken out of context but pretty much any time Jennings has had an interview or something this off-season he's been critical of something about Rodgers or Green Bay. I don't think it's homerish of me to think that that attitude seems to go against his "golden boy" persona he projected here for 5 years. The guy is simply coming off as completely fake.
steveishere  
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:23:58 PM(UTC)
I mean come on you cannot admit that Jennings is coming off as a bit bitter at Rodgers for whatever reason (stealing the spotlight, not being friendly enough, not throwing him enough passes lol who knows). Maybe you shouldn't be the one suggesting someone else is acting like a homer.
Formo  
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:31:43 PM(UTC)
Or maybe you are reading homer articles thus giving you said image of him?
DarkaneRules  
#36 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:13:48 PM(UTC)
No he can answer those questions easily without throwing shots at Rodgers or GB. He's going out of his way to criticize. He's not acting at all like the Greg Jennings he was in GB. That's what bothers people. If Finley went to another team and acted like that nobody would be surprised and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

My thing is I prefer honesty. I don't believe anybody is squeaky clean in their opinions. Everybody has their own thoughts and the more honest they are the more I trust him.

I feel like Packer fans are acting like the spoiled brat when it comes to this jennings thing or maybe they are insecure that the vikings are not too far behind them in talent now. The vikings beat us WITH ponder and WITHOUT jennings. So thinking about that and then seeing these fans be so defensive about jennings talking makes me put two and two together.

If we are comfortable knowing we are better, then why does it matter what he says. Let him talk and know in your heart that come game day, we will whoop there ass!

I agree with Vic on packers.com. Don't worry about the Jennings talk. Let Sunday speak for itself.
Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:15:50 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
My thing is I prefer honesty. I don't believe anybody is squeaky clean in their opinions. Everybody has their own thoughts and the more honest they are the more I trust him.

I feel like Packer fans are acting like the spoiled brat when it comes to this jennings thing or maybe they are insecure that the vikings are not too far behind them in talent now. The vikings beat us WITH ponder and WITHOUT jennings. So thinking about that and then seeing these fans be so defensive about jennings talking makes me put two and two together.

If we are comfortable knowing we are better, then why does it matter what he says. Let him talk and know in your heart that come game day, we will whoop there ass!

The scoreboard said the Vikings > Packers, but lets be real here. Adrian Peterson beat the Packers. What kind of seasons to backs coming off 2,000 yard seasons have the following year? I don't know the answer, but hoping someone can.
DarkaneRules  
#38 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:17:34 PM(UTC)

I agree with this! Why you are guys making me agree with a Vikings fan. I am having a huge identity crisis right now! Totally not relating with my brethren on this one haha
DarkaneRules  
#39 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:18:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
The scoreboard said the Vikings > Packers, but lets be real here. Adrian Peterson beat the Packers. What kind of seasons to backs coming off 2,000 yard seasons have the following year? I don't know the answer, but hoping someone can.

Yep he ran the ball VERY well that game. We couldn't tackle him either. However, and this is a big however, Ponder made KEY third down conversion plays that game to win it for them. Go back and watch the game. It is on YouTube.
steveishere  
#40 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:26:31 PM(UTC)
Or maybe you are reading homer articles thus giving you said image of him?

Packers homer articles written in the Minneapolis Star Tribune... doubt it.
Rss Feed