Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:07:45 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,348
Applause Received: 3,636
I think it's interesting that Greg Jennings has a new team and yet continues talking about his old team. I think after the first question about the old team, I'd have to stymie those questions and politely say "look, Green Bay is the greatest, but now I'm a Viking so please, lets focus on that chapter of my NFL career, regardless of how futile it surely will prove to be".

I mean, when you break up with a girl and start dating a new one, do you answer questions about your ex, even if asked? If yes, you only make that mistake once.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
SINCITYCHEEZE on 7/25/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 7/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:11:09 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
lol, "I deny everything" says the purple wearing fan. Everything I said was true. Do you have some sort of transcript to that latest article that shows he was taken "out of context"? I doubt it, You are just assuming that because that's what you want to be true. If you want to refute what's been written down then bring something to the table other than lame replies like "false". Otherwise you are coming off as butthurt just like your buddy Greg, or am I taking you out of context? [laughing]

Be smart. That's all I ask. Clearly you don't know how sports journalism (or ANY journalism for that matter) works. They ask juicy questions, get answers, and put quotes down in a way to garner buys/clicks. Tale as old as time.

The majority of these quotes are coming straight off a video. Watch it, then you will not only get the context in which he answers, but the TONE (which is the biggest thing missing in text quotes) in which he answers.

All I'm saying is you guys are making much ado about nothing.
Offline steveishere  
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:18:36 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 1,506
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
Be smart. That's all I ask. Clearly you don't know how sports journalism (or ANY journalism for that matter) works. They ask juicy questions, get answers, and put quotes down in a way to garner buys/clicks. Tale as old as time.

The majority of these quotes are coming straight off a video. Watch it, then you will not only get the context in which he answers, but the TONE (which is the biggest thing missing in text quotes) in which he answers.

All I'm saying is you guys are making much ado about nothing.

No the majority of what I'm talking about is coming from the most recent article they did. Sure you could point to just 1 thing and say maybe it was taken out of context but pretty much any time Jennings has had an interview or something this off-season he's been critical of something about Rodgers or Green Bay. I don't think it's homerish of me to think that that attitude seems to go against his "golden boy" persona he projected here for 5 years. The guy is simply coming off as completely fake.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/26/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:23:58 PM(UTC)

I mean come on you cannot admit that Jennings is coming off as a bit bitter at Rodgers for whatever reason (stealing the spotlight, not being friendly enough, not throwing him enough passes lol who knows). Maybe you shouldn't be the one suggesting someone else is acting like a homer.
Offline Formo  
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:31:43 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 154
Or maybe you are reading homer articles thus giving you said image of him?
Offline DarkaneRules  
#36 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:13:48 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 310
Applause Received: 637
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
No he can answer those questions easily without throwing shots at Rodgers or GB. He's going out of his way to criticize. He's not acting at all like the Greg Jennings he was in GB. That's what bothers people. If Finley went to another team and acted like that nobody would be surprised and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

My thing is I prefer honesty. I don't believe anybody is squeaky clean in their opinions. Everybody has their own thoughts and the more honest they are the more I trust him.

I feel like Packer fans are acting like the spoiled brat when it comes to this jennings thing or maybe they are insecure that the vikings are not too far behind them in talent now. The vikings beat us WITH ponder and WITHOUT jennings. So thinking about that and then seeing these fans be so defensive about jennings talking makes me put two and two together.

If we are comfortable knowing we are better, then why does it matter what he says. Let him talk and know in your heart that come game day, we will whoop there ass!

I agree with Vic on packers.com. Don't worry about the Jennings talk. Let Sunday speak for itself.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:15:50 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,348
Applause Received: 3,636
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
My thing is I prefer honesty. I don't believe anybody is squeaky clean in their opinions. Everybody has their own thoughts and the more honest they are the more I trust him.

I feel like Packer fans are acting like the spoiled brat when it comes to this jennings thing or maybe they are insecure that the vikings are not too far behind them in talent now. The vikings beat us WITH ponder and WITHOUT jennings. So thinking about that and then seeing these fans be so defensive about jennings talking makes me put two and two together.

If we are comfortable knowing we are better, then why does it matter what he says. Let him talk and know in your heart that come game day, we will whoop there ass!

The scoreboard said the Vikings > Packers, but lets be real here. Adrian Peterson beat the Packers. What kind of seasons to backs coming off 2,000 yard seasons have the following year? I don't know the answer, but hoping someone can.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#38 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:17:34 PM(UTC)

lol You guys keep assuming he's the one bringing up Rodgers in these interviews. You do realize that he's being ASKED about A-Rod, and the quotes you are seeing are his responses, right?

I love the back and forth. Just adds spice to the rivalry.

I agree with this! Why you are guys making me agree with a Vikings fan. I am having a huge identity crisis right now! Totally not relating with my brethren on this one haha
Offline DarkaneRules  
#39 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:18:48 PM(UTC)

Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
The scoreboard said the Vikings > Packers, but lets be real here. Adrian Peterson beat the Packers. What kind of seasons to backs coming off 2,000 yard seasons have the following year? I don't know the answer, but hoping someone can.

Yep he ran the ball VERY well that game. We couldn't tackle him either. However, and this is a big however, Ponder made KEY third down conversion plays that game to win it for them. Go back and watch the game. It is on YouTube.
Offline steveishere  
#40 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:26:31 PM(UTC)

Or maybe you are reading homer articles thus giving you said image of him?

Packers homer articles written in the Minneapolis Star Tribune... doubt it.
Rss Feed