Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Anyone have any information on how the two drafted running backs fared during the first two days of training camp?
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
10 years ago

Anyone have any information on how the two drafted running backs fared during the first two days of training camp?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Apparently Starks and Green looked to be the more polished running backs, but both Lacy and Franklin displayed flashes of great talent. Starks is looking pretty damn good at the moment, as is Green. Could make the RB battle VERY interesting throughout training camp.

sschind
10 years ago

Apparently Starks and Green looked to be the more polished running backs, but both Lacy and Franklin displayed flashes of great talent. Starks is looking pretty damn good at the moment, as is Green. Could make the RB battle VERY interesting throughout training camp.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

No offense to you Dodd but doesn't everyone look good in camp? All I really want to hear form the coaches after practice is "no one got hurt" otherwise everyone is having a strong camp. Every year it the same thing around the league. A half a dozen no names are turning heads and when it is all said and done they are still no names except they are out of a job.

nerdmann
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Pads come on tomorrow, but both have shown "burst" and receiving ability.

Haven't heard where they are vis a vis pass pro.

Alex Green has been lining up as the starter.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
10 years ago

No offense to you Dodd but doesn't everyone look good in camp? All I really want to hear form the coaches after practice is "no one got hurt" otherwise everyone is having a strong camp. Every year it the same thing around the league. A half a dozen no names are turning heads and when it is all said and done they are still no names except they are out of a job.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Not always. Starks reports last year at this time were terrible. He was getting yelled at by coaches like every day and fumbling and missing assignments.
nerdmann
10 years ago

Not always. Starks reports last year at this time were terrible. He was getting yelled at by coaches like every day and fumbling and missing assignments.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Starks lined up as the starter today.

Looks like they're using Franklin as the PR.

ACME 

Terrell Manning was noticed on a blitz from the inside today. TS commented that it "looked like he was shot out of a cannon." The Packers will need some help in the pass rush from Manning, since that is an area of A.J. Hawk's and Brad Jones' games that is not a strength.

In punt drills, Franklin took a large number of the returns, including every one in the final special teams period with no drops (MV).

The no-huddle drill to end practice was dominated early by the defense, with Johnny Jolly and McMillian putting pressure on Aaron Rodgers. He eventually found Jarrett Boykin for a touchdown though to finish practice.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
brandland
10 years ago
have a feeling tomorrow will be their day with the pads on. lacy is more comfortable in the pads
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
Well to be more specific than "RB X looks great!", Green had a good run with him making a couple of cuts and then accelerating to the outside. Says to me that his knee is better and he's trusting it.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Dulak
10 years ago
guess we'll see a lot of different backs in preseason tearing it up ... wonder if starks makes a comeback (liked him in our SB run - but then again was tired of seeing grant liked starks different style).
sschind
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yeah, you are right, its not always positive. It seems like the vast majority of reports are though so I take them with a grain of salt. I guess with so many positive reports though it does seem to make the negative ones all that much more accurate. I mean if they are going to take the time to put a positive spin on so many players when they do say bad things about one they must really be bad.

A lot of it depends on who is making the report also. It seems that coaches and players (commenting on other players) have a tendency to give higher marks than the media.

Also, the reports like "so and so had a good run or a good catch or a nice interception..." or what ever don't mean too much to me. You know what they say about blind squirrels and nuts. Even the worst NFL players could put together a nice highlight reel if you looked at enough film.

I guess I don't put as much stock in TC as a lot of fans. The players need it to get ready but all it does for me is get my hopes up. Other than the indication that once camp starts the real thing is getting close and injury reports I don't really pay that much attention.

Its the same thing with pre-seaon games. In the 4th quarter of game two when the 8th wr on the team makes a good catch or the 12th DL makes a sack it's hard for me to get excited about it. Well, I get excited about the play and what it does for the team but I don't get too excited about the player. He's most likely gone anyway.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.