DoddPower
10 years ago
I'm pretty sure I've watched it on NFL Network for the past several years now. I'm disappointed it's not on there this year. Stupid Hall of Fame! heh heh.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Lombardi Ave 

But anyway, there is plenty going on tonight in Green Bay and the Packers website has outlined everything from the schedule to the day’s sponsors.

As for those sticking to the home fires tonight (like me), the evening’s festivities will be broadcast across the state of Wisconsin on these stations:

Green Bay on WLUK-TV FOX 11, as well as on WITI-TV in Milwaukee, WMSN-TV in Madison, WFXS-TV in Wausau and WLAX-TV in La Crosse. Hosted by Drew Smith and other members of the Fox 11 sports and news staffs, the live broadcast will start at 6:30 p.m. (CDT)

For those who don’t live in Wisconsin, it may be difficult to find this event on the television. In the past, it’s been broadcast on the NFL Network, but according to the network’s schedule, it doesn’t appear to be scheduled. However, we know how things could change on that front.

Otherwise, you might check out the Packers Radio Network … click here 

Here are the complete details from packers.com:

2013 PACKERS FAMILY NIGHT FACT SHEET

What:

13th Packers Family Night, presented by Bellin Health. To benefit Wendy’s Wonderful Kids.

When/Where:

Saturday, Aug. 3, Lambeau Field.
Day activities get underway at 11 a.m. in the Tundra Tailgate Zone, Lambeau Field Atrium and parking lot. Evening activities get underway in the stadium at 5:30 p.m., followed by on-field football drills at 6:30 and the scrimmage at approximately 7:30.

Sponsors:

Bellin Health is the presenting sponsor. Others: Fox 11, Wendy’s Wonderful Kids and Copps-Pick ‘N Save.

Features/Activities:

On-field football drills and an intra-squad scrimmage between the Packers’ offense and defense.
Copps–Pick ‘N Save Family Night Picnic: In Lambeau Field’s east-side parking lot, from 1 to 6 p.m.
Saz’s will have limited food & beverage available 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Chili’s Jerseys-Off-Our-Backs promotion: Packers will once again be giving away Family Night used jerseys to lucky fans in attendance.
Copps–Pick ‘N Save Fireworks: The evening will conclude with a spectacular fireworks display.
Kemps Packers Experience (inflatable football activities) in the Tundra Tailgate Zone, from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Sidewalk chalk area, from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. outside the Atrium, near the security barrier.
Fan walkway area, from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. will feature Packers displays for fans to enjoy.
Pro Shop Trailer
Kohl’s Sign making
Chevy
Packer Fan Tours
Kraft noodle
Barclay’s
Old Wisconsin
Chili’s
Kemps
Dental Associates
Frito-Lay
Verizon
Associated Bank ATM’s
Wildlife Sanctuary animals, from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. along the fan walkway.
NFL Flag Football 6:00 p.m.
Go Pack Go sky-typing 6:45 p.m.
Stadium concourse activities during scrimmage include airbrush tattoos and sign-making.

Tickets:

Tickets are sold out.
In case of inclement weather, no refunds will be issued unless all stadium activities – from 5:30 p.m. until the end of the fireworks show – are cancelled.
All individuals, regardless of age, require a ticket for admittance.

Parking:

Parking, which opens at 11 a.m. in the Lambeau Field Parking lot for the event, will be $5, with 100 percent of the net proceeds to be donated to the Packers’ ‘Family Night’ partner, the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, to support its Wendy’s Wonderful Kids foster care adoption program in Wisconsin.
Due to the potentially large number of people attending, parking will be limited. Please plan to arrive early. Parking is also available on neighboring streets.
Hospitality Tents east parking lot: DiGiorno, Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, West Bend, Michael’s, Bellin (TBD), ShopKo (TBD), Miron (TBD).

Television:

For fans not attending the event, it will be televised in Green Bay on WLUK-TV FOX 11, as well as on WITI-TV in Milwaukee, WMSN-TV in Madison, WFXS-TV in Wausau and WLAX-TV in La Crosse. Hosted by Drew Smith and other members of the Fox 11 sports and news staffs, the live broadcast will start at 6:30 p.m.

Miscellaneous:

The Packers donate a group of tickets each year to an organization chosen by our Community Outreach Department. This year’s group is Big Brothers & Big Sisters.
The Packers will welcome representatives from 15 of the 19 Big Brothers Big Sisters agencies in Wisconsin to Family Night as their official community guest. More than 40 representatives of the organization will make up the Packers Ambassador Line as the players take the field.
In its second year, the Packers Marketing Department has a fundraising program for local groups to sell Family Night tickets for face value and retain $4 for each ticket sold.

Day’s Timeline:

11 a.m. – Parking lot opens to the public.
11 a.m. – Lambeau Field Atrium opens to the public, including the Packers Pro Shop, Packers Hall of Fame, Curly’s Pub and Frozen in Time.
11 a.m. – Day activities begin in Tundra Tailgate Zone (Packers Experience) and parking lot.
4 p.m. – Atrium closes to the public.
5:30 p.m. – Atrium re-opens to ticketed guests.
5:30 p.m. – Family Night Activities begin in stadium bowl with Packers highlights film.
6:00 p.m. – NFL Flag Football teams will scrimmage on-field.
6:30 p.m. – Packers pre-game warm ups.
6:45 p.m. – Skytypers.
7:30 p.m. – Packers introductions, national anthem, scrimmage kickoff.
9:30 p.m. – Scrimmage ends, Jerseys off our Backs giveaway.
9:45 p.m. – Fireworks begin.

Security/carry-ins policy:

When coming to the stadium for our games, please remember that you and your belongings will be searched upon entry. By tendering your ticket and entering the stadium, you consent to such searches and waive any related claims that you might have against the NFL, its member clubs, their affiliates and stadium landlord, or their agents. If you elect not to consent to the searches, you will be denied entry into the stadium. Carry-in policies may be modified from game to game as security levels change, and items permitted into the stadium may be determined at the discretion of each officer. As a general rule, please leave all unnecessary items at home.

Prohibited items:

Weapons
Bags, backpacks, duffel bags
Coolers
Large purses
Fanny packs
Umbrellas
Obstructive banners and signs
Food & beverages
Video cameras
Photo cameras with lenses over 12 inches

The following exceptions are worth noting:

Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are allowed if carried loosely (not in a bag).
Small cameras, binoculars and cellular phones are acceptable if carried loosely (not in a case).
A small clutch purse no larger than the size of a woman’s hand.
1 Gallon clear plastic bag.
A clear plastic or PVC bag no larger than 12”x6”x12”.
Traditional stadium seats consisting of no more than a seat cushion and back rest (no arm rests) are permitted as long as they do not exceed 18″ wide. Oversized seats and/or seats with arm rests or other attachments are not allowed.
Prohibited items must be returned to your vehicle or they will be confiscated and discarded.
Regarding Wisconsin’s concealed carry law, the Packers, as occupant of Lambeau Field, will continue our no weapons policy and prohibit carrying firearms or other weapons on the property, including the parking lot.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Here are some things to look for:

Running game: Because coach Mike McCarthy doesn’t believe in any live tackling during practice, it’s nearly impossible to tell much about the running game. That includes both the blocking and the running backs. So tonight, when full tackling is allowed (except of the quarterbacks), will be the first real chance to see what rookies Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin can do. Lacy has been effective, especially in red zone drills where his power running style has served him well. But with only “thud tackling” in practice, who knows if the runs Lacy has been finishing would have really happened in a game? When asked whether people will learn anything more about him in the scrimmage, Lacy said: “I think they will. Everybody’s going to come out and play to the best of their ability or close to it. Nobody wants to get hurt, so it’s not going to be 100 percent full go, but it will give a lot of people a chance to see what the team looks like this year.”

Kickers: McCarthy said he planned to put kickers Mason Crosby and Giorgio Tavecchio under the microscope tonight. Other than in a game, what better way to do so than in front of a full house at Lambeau Field? “It’s awesome we can have a practice setting with 70,000 people and make sure we go out there and get ready for it as preseason comes and coming into the regular season,” Crosby said. It’s the first time since Crosby’s rookie season of 2007 that he has faced competition in camp. The Packers brought in Tavecchio this offseason after Crosby converted a league-low 63.6 percent of his field goals last season. In only two team kicking sessions this camp, Crosby is 9-of-11, including a 5-for-5 performance on Thursday. Tavecchio probably can’t match Crosby’s leg strength but so far has been on par in the accuracy department, going 10-for-12.

Backup QBs: B.J. Coleman and Graham Harrell have had their moments -- both good and bad -- so far in camp, but neither one has distinguished himself in the battle to serve as Aaron Rodgers’ backup. Accuracy has plagued Coleman at times during the first week of camp, but he is much improved over last year and has a legitimate shot to unseat Harrell. For Harrell, he needs a better showing than he did last preseason, when it wasn’t until the final exhibition game that he played well enough to convince the Packers to keep him. In a measure of just how close the competition is this year, the Packers have given the two backups equal reps and have alternated days as the Nos. 2 and 3 quarterbacks. “They’re in an open competition,” quarterbacks coach Ben McAdoo said. “We roll who goes in after Aaron every day and keep the reps even, and we’ll let their play shake it out.”

link 
UserPostedImage
10 years ago
The website video seems to go slow slow and have trouble with so many logging on there. Expect it to be choppy even if the website manages to stay functioning.
blank
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

The website video seems to go slow slow and have trouble with so many logging on there. Expect it to be choppy even if the website manages to stay functioning.

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez 

What website?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago
Anybody wanna record it and upload it for me?

Private research purposes only, of course.

Thanks!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
10 years ago
The stream is working pretty well at the moment for me. I'm surprised no one else is in chat, though!
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Thanks! Will watch the stream but too sick to chat at the moment. Very excited to check out this practice!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Slow down on entering the chatroom folks. Slow. Down.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.