Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:39:26 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

FoxSports wrote:
Neither a defender nor the sound of a whistle could stop Packers
tight end Jermichael Finley.

Two passes, two nice catches on the run for Finley in practice Tuesday. After sidestepping defenders for extra yards, Finley kept right on going for the goal line each time even after coaches blew the plays dead.

By all accounts, Finley is having one of the best preseasons of his six-year NFL career in Green Bay - and that could spell more trouble for defenses trying to defend one of the toughest passing attacks in the league.

''He's a joy to coach,'' coach Mike McCarthy said. ''He's a lot more mature. Physically he's in a place where he wants to be and he's having his finest training camp, I think it's clear cut.''

Let's hope that this is the year we have been waiting for JerMike to have.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline olds70supreme  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:49:55 AM(UTC)
olds70supreme

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 44

The Packers optimist in me says "Hooray, Finley is going to break out this year and help the Pack be unstoppable!"

The pessimist in me says "Hey, Finley's agent/advisors finally got through to him in this contract year on what he needs to do to land a blockbuster contract".

I would obviously still prefer a superstar season from him this year regardless of what happens in the future, but it will be bittersweet if he finally plays to his potential only to price himself out of Green Bay.
blank
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:55:29 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme Go to Quoted Post
The Packers optimist in me says "Hooray, Finley is going to break out this year and help the Pack be unstoppable!"

The pessimist in me says "Hey, Finley's agent/advisors finally got through to him in this contract year on what he needs to do to land a blockbuster contract".

I would obviously still prefer a superstar season from him this year regardless of what happens in the future, but it will be bittersweet if he finally plays to his potential only to price himself out of Green Bay.

I understand your concerns I have them too. But if he plays well this season because of a contract and he prices himself out of GB, his production will drop next year and he won't be missed.

If he has finally figured it out and plays well and wants to continue to work with Aaron Rodgers he will be around and productive for a while.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 8/21/2013(UTC), Yerko on 8/21/2013(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:25:13 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 127

I'll take the good year also. I'm very suspicious of how J-Mike will play after a new contract, mega or not. Based on past history I just don't trust him for the future. Past history usually tells us more about the future than recent results.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline DoddPower  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:37:23 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,173
Applause Received: 550

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I understand your concerns I have them too. But if he plays well this season because of a contract and he prices himself out of GB, his production will drop next year and he won't be missed.

If he has finally figured it out and plays well and wants to continue to work with Aaron Rodgers he will be around and productive for a while.

Yeah, who cares. If Finley becomes dominant this season and helps the Packers win another Super Bowl, I could care less what he did the next season. Even if he signs elsewhere for a mega contract, at least the Packers will be likely to get a 4th round compensatory pick (possibly even a 3rd) in return the following draft. Certainly a win-win. And of course there is always the possibly of him resigning with Green Bay for a reasonable amount based on his recent production and an incentive based contract. Ted Thompson has pulled such deals through before.

Offline PackerTraxx  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:03:02 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 127

I would trade any player, with the possible exceptions of Rodgers and Matthews, for a SB.Laughing
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Rss Feed