DoddPower
10 years ago

ketchup never. i gave that up as a kid.

edit- so that we remain on task- Back in the early days of this year I thought Sherrod would make a comeback and play this year. As times slips by and we approach the beginning of GB's run for yet another championship I am not so sure. Naturally I have nothing to base it on. I have no facts what so ever. Only a feeling that sicne they have not taken Sherrod off the PUP and let him get a few preseason reps under his belt it just seems as if he is going to have to sit out the whole season. After a stint on the PUP he has a few weeks in which to practice but it takes time to get back into the flow of things. If it was easy to walk in and suit up and start blocking DL nearly anyone could do it. It takes a lot of time to get the footwork down. To get into a rhythm with the other OLmen. To be in "football shape". I don't think the time between coming off the PUP and when GB has to activate him is enough time.

And I base this opinion on all my years of sitting on my butt in front of the tv watching other guys run out on to the field and take on each other.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

If he's truly healthy, I think they'll find a spot on the roster for him, probably due to someone going on injured reserve. Sherrod may not get back up to football speed until the end of the season or even the playoffs, but if he does, it would be worth it. Create a roster space for him, and just let him practice with the scout team and such. There could come a moment in the playoffs where he is needed.

Again, this all has to do with whether or not he can truly get healthy. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on injured reserve, either. But if he's healthy, he would be worth a roster spot so that he could practice and eventually get back into shape, even if it's a few months after granting him a spot.

I still think Sherrod is the Packers best hope for quality offensive tackle depth beyond what they currently have. It's unlikely they find something much better off the waiver wire after cuts, but stranger things have happened. They aren't likely to have the raw talent Sherrod has, but hopefully they'll at least be healthy.

Pack93z
10 years ago
Sheds some light on why this process has taken so long...

Derek Sherrod’s family sheds light on his long recovery 

Posted by Josh Alper on August 23, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT

The Packers haven’t had much to say about the status of 2011 first-round pick Derek Sherrod since putting him on the PUP list at the start of camp, but the tackle’s family is filling in some blanks to help explain why Sherrod remains off the field since breaking his leg in December 2011.

Sherrod broke both the tibia and fibula in his right leg and had surgery to repair the injury a short time later. He was on the PUP list through last year’s camp and into the regular season before a brief return to practice showed he wasn’t ready to return. His father, Louis Sherrod, explained that his son’s leg couldn’t bear weight and MRIs revealed an ankle problem that required further surgery this year.

“It was just complications from the way that the surgery was performed,” said Dezmond Sherrod, Derek’s older brother, via Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “They affected other mechanisms within the leg. The tibia and fibula were broken the first time, but that affects how your knee and ankle interact. When you have something off in one area, it can affect other areas. After you have surgery, only time will tell how things work out. It wasn’t until he was ready to go back on the field and starting running and doing things, putting more pressure and body weight on it … that’s when he noticed things weren’t where they should be as far as the timetable when to get back on the field.”

The Sherrods have no ill will toward the original surgeons, explaining that complications arise from emergency surgery and that they were happy doctors operated as promptly as they did. Louis Sherrod thinks his son is a few weeks away from getting on the field, which suggests that he’ll miss at least the first six weeks of the regular season on the PUP list while he works his way back into playing shape.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Sheds some light on why this process has taken so long...

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

he is not the first guy to need more than one surgery.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

nerdmann I am cut to the quick. I don't hate you. Never have. I may be condescending, I may taunt or do a lot of other crap to you but I don't hate you. You are the tabasco for our eggs. Life would be bland without your posts.

BTW I don't eat tabasco on my eggs. [puke] nevertheless you have to keep up your keen insight.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Hahaha, I love you man.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (12h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.