Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DarkaneRules  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 8:46:35 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

I don't know about you guys, but he just doesn't seem to ever effect the play positively anymore. I either see him turned around or falling down. I have been most disappointed with him out of the d-line group this pre-season. Anyone else?
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Wade  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 9:08:56 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 683
Applause Received: 715

I haven't seen any of the preseason so I can answer that, but I've been disappointed in him for two years now.

IMO he's the most overrated starter on the team.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
gotarace on 8/23/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 9:16:29 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Haven't focused on him.

He's in a contract year tho, isn't he?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline RaiderPride  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 9:30:23 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 7/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 209

YES. He is in a contract year. This should be a motivation for BJ... The Pack chose to not sign him until after his contract year? Does this mean they are sceptical? Or saving money?

Here is what would worry me if I was Ted.

"Don't forget now, I was the ninth pick in the draft (in 2009)," Raji said. "I'm doing OK. I've made some money now and I've been pretty smart with it."

You have to be HUNGRY to be in the upper echeloned of the NFL in your position.

The statement above makes me worried he is CONTENT.

CONTENT died... When HUNGRY was born.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 8/24/2013(UTC)
Offline beast  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 9:42:08 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 318


I've thought Raji hasn't shown much explosiveness since his second year. People have said it's because of the lost of Jenkins and not getting one on ones anymore but that's not true. Raji has gotten one on ones at times and has done nothing with them.

I think it has more to do with the 3-4 scheme asking him to play a lot more two gap (run clogging) first and pass rush second than anything to do with Jenkins. And to be quite frank, Raji is very big... and decent against the run and run clogging... but he's not as hard to move as his size would suggest.

Honestly I think Jolly might be getting up into the top 2 of hardest guys to move on the Packers roster with Pickett being the other one. Though Jolly, Pickett and Raji are a lot of beef...

I might want Pickett and Jolly to play running downs more.
Jones more for passing downs.
And rotating in Raji, Danials and Wilson in some with both.
Didn't list Neal because he might be more at OLB.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 9:42:49 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

What do you want him to do? It's preseason. I don't like judging guys by the preseason, especially vets like him. Obviously a solid preseason can springboard a solid regular season, but there should be no discussion about resigning this guy until after this season. Just like Finley.

It wouldn't be the end of the world though if we do end up not signing him, we can draft a NT high in the draft next year. There will be hard shoes to fill if will go through with it. I bet we franchise him. He's not worth a long term contract as of now.
Offline beast  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 9:48:31 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 318

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
YES. He is in a contract year. This should be a motivation for BJ... The Pack chose to not sign him until after his contract year? Does this mean they are sceptical? Or saving money?


I think both... saving money, because they know a player of his talent is gonna cost a pretty penny, sceptical because he hasn't consistently lived up to that pretty penny price.

Though I think it's a bit different with Shields. I think the scraptical but losing money because he's going to be worth more after this season than before this season, after covering #1 WRs more... then again... maybe he the #1 WRs beat him up some he won't be worth more. We'll see.


Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
Here is what would worry me if I was Ted.

"Don't forget now, I was the ninth pick in the draft (in 2009)," Raji said. "I'm doing OK. I've made some money now and I've been pretty smart with it."

You have to be HUNGRY to be in the upper echeloned of the NFL in your position.

The statement above makes me worried he is CONTENT.

CONTENT died... When HUNGRY was born.


I agree... also after losing the 49ers playoff game, Sitton made a comment sounding like he was happy with the Super Bowl ring he already has. I didn't like that comment but then again he was probably just brashing off the haters, after all he plays pretty well.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Laser Gunns  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 10:36:07 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/30/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

So much so that I really want to change my PH name Sick

Raji is not living up to what I thought he would be.


MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline blueleopard  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 10:53:22 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/22/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 72

Haters gonna hate, but I say you're spoiled. Instead of complaining over your conjecture, you should state what you would do to improve the defensive line.

How many games has this guy missed? He played in a 4-3 scheme in BC and drew comparisons to Warren Sapp when he was in the draft process. Sapp was an all-around player, but he also got above average sack numbers playing his position. What happened when he moved to Oakland? He played in the 3-4 and eventually became a forgotten man until retirement.

What Capers and Trgovac ask of Raji and the fact that he's held up shows his athleticism, and yeah he's been pushed around -- but we haven't exactly been going against poor offensive lines as of late. Line play is better as a unit.

In the Super Bowl year we had plenty of packages from the rush package where we had Jenkins/Pickett/Raji to the jumbo package of Raji/Green/Pickett -- that combined with stellar play from the other players on defense led to wrinkles such as the Raji interception.

Has he been playing like a top 10 pick? Maybe not, but he hasn't been a bust if that's what anybody's trying to imply.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 8/24/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 8/24/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 11:01:01 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
Haters gonna hate, but I say you're spoiled. Instead of complaining over your conjecture, you should state what you would do to improve the defensive line.

How many games has this guy missed? He played in a 4-3 scheme in BC and drew comparisons to Warren Sapp when he was in the draft process. Sapp was an all-around player, but he also got above average sack numbers playing his position. What happened when he moved to Oakland? He played in the 3-4 and eventually became a forgotten man until retirement.

What Capers and Trgovac ask of Raji and the fact that he's held up shows his athleticism, and yeah he's been pushed around -- but we haven't exactly been going against poor offensive lines as of late. Line play is better as a unit.

In the Super Bowl year we had plenty of packages from the rush package where we had Jenkins/Pickett/Raji to the jumbo package of Raji/Green/Pickett -- that combined with stellar play from the other players on defense led to wrinkles such as the Raji interception.

Has he been playing like a top 10 pick? Maybe not, but he hasn't been a bust if that's what anybody's trying to imply.


Keep in mind they haven't been keeping him fresh all the time or playing him at his real position either.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / luigis

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins