sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
10 years ago
...that no one wants to talk about it. I didn't get a chance to watch because I was at a FF draft but I figured I'd get here and catch up. Instead I see one post regarding injuries and that's about it.

I see Lacy followed up his last game with another stellar performance [sarcasm] . I'll bet the packer fan that paid big money for him in the draft tonight will be happy to see what he did.

So those of you who watched it, are you just too stunned or what. Some of us are dying to know.

nerdmann
10 years ago
We got TWO interceptions from Russell Wilson in one half of football.

We CAN beat these guys.

Nick Perry had some good plays. Batted one up for an INT by Hayward.

Lacy had a good 11 yard run called back by a bullshit holding call against Bahktieri. Bahk had a close hold that was uncalled on a running play earlier, but the one where they called him was bullshit. Lacy got stuffed, but he had no room to run.

Masthay looked good and had a GREAT open field tackle.

Hyde continues to show up around the ball, making plays.

Hayward had the INT and had a good, not great open field tackle to prevent a first down. He was just getting his feet wet at the time.

Harrell was abysmal. He missed JJ down the sideline, looped it WAY up in the air, so high that it got caught in the wind and sailed out of bounds. Can you imagine what the wind will be like in December? Dude CANNOT THROW THE BALL THAT FAR. He has to rainbow it way up in the air.

Vince Young was playing sandlot football. Shit would break down and he would just scramble and make things happen. Almost had one picked when he threw behind the dude, but did well overall.

Alex Green took a pitchout to the left down the sideline. Got some speed and BAM! We need to get these guys the ball on screens.

Finley dropped a TD from Harrell, but it was a poorly thrown ball. Had also another drop, iirc.

Patrick Lewis sailed a shotgun snap past Vince Young to ruin a drive.

Terrell Manning looked good. Got a real bullshit roughing the passer penalty. Nate Palmer got some pressure. Second team D got some pressure generally.

Loyce Means had the worst game of his life. Between penalties to big plays given up, dude's packing his bags.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
blueleopard
10 years ago
Losing 17-10 to the well-built Seahawks with our shitty depth at QB is good in my opinion.

We virtually shutout Wilson.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
nerdmann
10 years ago
Masthay's open field tackle against Golden Tate. 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
The only reason people are harping about injuries is because those were one of two (from my viewpoint) only real big negatives from a team perspective and half of them were from hamstring injuries (que the Stretching and Conditioning discussion...again).

-The defensive front 7 looked real good at getting pressure, getting after Wilson etc. The run yards were given up mostly later in the game vs subs. The first drive looked a little rough for the starters but I think that was due to emotion and adrenaline from the Fail Mary game causing them a little sloppiness

-Thought the starting offense looked fine. I think the Lacy effect was in full effect as Rodgers looked to have time to throw and the Seahawks were bringing more than 4 that first drive (saw some blocking by Harris in there) on some plays that freed space up.

-Don't read into Lacy's statline. As pointed out there was BS holding call on Bahk that took some yards away. Plus once Rodgers and the starting Oline went out the Seahawks stacked the box to stop him. If teams do that in the regular season, get ready to see a lot of quick passes and guys taking off the races for long TDs.

-Pass catching from the TEs was there. Only negative was Stoneburner's fumble.

-Boykins looks like he'll pick up tough YAC but he'll need to work on ball security.

-CJ Wilson looks like he'll make the roster after showing some pass rush with a sack on Wilson

-Perry had a nice batted ball and I read on another site he dropped in the flat after a initial pass to deny a dump off.

-Amosa had a catch for TD. Nice to see him convert since pass catching is a little raw for him. PS this year and Kuhn's replacement next year?

-Brandon Smith had a nice pass breakup on a deep ball. Might be too little too late as far a roster goes though.

-The only real negative as a unit is the ST coverage. Last week there was a hand on a FG and two times Rams players jumped cleanly over the line. Not sure if it's the backups or if something's off here.

All in all I thought the team played very well vs a physical team that is at a playoff caliber level that looked like it was gunning for the win rather than getting guys in specific situations to evaluate like the Packers did.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
10 years ago
Nerdman did a GREAT job of covering it... just adding my opinions to the things he brought up.

We CAN beat these guys.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If we can stop their running game, then I agree we could beat them. I want to see a jumbo package of Pickett, Jolly and Raji on some running downs.

Nick Perry had some good plays. Batted one up for an INT by Hayward.

Yeah Perry did a Jolly and got his hand up there... Jolly is a good influence for the team.

ALSO it was great to see Perry, Matthews and Neal at LB all at once... like I thought moving Neal to OLB is partly to free up one of the other two (Matthews in this game) and let him roam more often and do more stuff instead of forcing him to stick the scheme of OLB all the time.

Lacy got stuffed, but he had no room to run.

Lacy broke tackles just to get the ball back to the line and did a good job of it most of the time. Long story short, the OL needs balence and with Harrell at QB, the defense knew it wasn't balance and loaded up against the run. (Lacy didn't run it with Rodgers in, as Harris started)

Masthay looked good and had a GREAT open field tackle.

LOVED IT!!! ... hated that there was a long return... but LOVED the tackling for a kicker.

Hyde continues to show up around the ball, making plays.

I have said it before, but Hyde seems a lot like Woodson (just maybe not as fast)

Harrell was abysmal. He missed JJ down the sideline, looped it WAY up in the air, so high that it got caught in the wind and sailed out of bounds. Can you imagine what the wind will be like in December? Dude CANNOT THROW THE BALL THAT FAR. He has to rainbow it way up in the air.

There were a couple bad passes to JJ... but one deep pass was dead on the money for JJ... JJ had his man beat, but for what ever reason he slowed down.... if he kept steady speed that ball should of been his for a 20 yarder or more. And of course Harrell got the blame from the fans for it. But other than that...

Harrell played against the starting Seahawks defense and looked like a decent 3rd string QB... which isn't good when you're looking for a 2nd string QB.

Vince Young was playing sandlot football. sh!t would break down and he would just scramble and make things happen. Almost had one picked when he threw behind the dude, but did well overall.

Right on the money. Though it needs to be noted Young played against the Seahawks 2nd string, while Harrell played against the 1st string. And the fakes and misactiong were tricking the 2nd D... but didn't trick the 1st D. So a bit of an unlevel playing field when comparing the two but Young looked a lot better this week than others and looked better than Harrell going against 2nd string in others.

Alex Green took a pitchout to the left down the sideline. Got some speed and BAM! We need to get these guys the ball on screens.

Green had the speed but IMO it really was more of the blocking and set-up that made that play than the RB. Another speedy player (Harris, Cobb, etc) might of been able to do the same thing. Basically Green is great when you give him a lot of room to run (but isn't that true with most speed RBs?)

Finley dropped a TD from Harrell, but it was a poorly thrown ball. Had also another drop, iirc.

I don't blame Finley for that drop... I was a bit shock he was able to tip the pass semi towards himself just to give him a second shot at catching it. With out that tip to himself he probably wasn't going to catch the pass as it looked like it was a bullet going pass Finley... when he released it I thought he might of been targeting a WR in the back, but there was no one in the back when they showed the bigger angle.

Patrick Lewis sailed a shotgun snap past Vince Young to ruin a drive.

Was that Lewis? I thought it was Van Roten. Hard for me to keep up with the rotating OL... espcially since they didn't talk too much about them (which is a good thing).

Terrell Manning looked good. Got a real bullsh!t roughing the passer penalty. Nate Palmer got some pressure. Second team D got some pressure generally.

The refs called Manning on lifting the QB and then taking him to the ground (which is illegal to do both... it's one or the other)... but in reality Manning didn't lift him... the QB jumped trying to get the ball off in time as Manning nailed him taking him down....

Loyce Means had the worst game of his life. Between penalties to big plays given up, dude's packing his bags.

Usually when you hear worst game ever, they're overstating something... but really... that might of been Means worst game ever. He got a lot of penalties... what made it worse ever is he gave the Seahawks a LEGAL fail mary (where the one last year was illegal because the Shields push and DB had the ball).

Basically Means was in good coverage position, the ball came to his WR inside the 5, Means caught it while falling backwards... and the WR puts his hands out, and ball kind of slide out of Means hands and into the WR hands for a TD.

After seeing his reacting to that... I just had to feel bad for the kid... 😞
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
I didn't see a lot of the game. I missed most of the first quarter. It seemed that Pete Carroll wanted the win a lot more than Mike did. he kept his starters in the game until the 3rd Q. It seems that his team has taken on his personality and they were flagged a ton of times for being thugs. It was a hard game to watch because for the most part it was our 2nd 3rd teams against their first. By and large the reserves held up their end but it was apparent they were simply not as talented as a whole as Seattle's starters.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Really not a fan of the Seahawks. I think they are a bunch of punks. I liked our play for the most part against them. They had their way with us before we settled down on defense but to hold them to a field goal there was outstanding. They had a horrible execution by a whiffing RB on Matthews to cause that sack that had me literally gasp with the gall of that team.

Overall, I liked the way we played as a team throughout although I felt the special teams will improve once we have all the right guys in there. That will continue to be a work in progress. And of course, it is still very frustrating that our starting offense has yet to score a touchdown.

The bitter pill is of course all the dang injuries. We really don't catch any breaks in that department. Next week will almost be like a bye week for a lot of guys. Hopefully Burnett does not end up on the PUP.

I will say this: The bye this year could not have come at a better time. We are NOT ready for the season right now however I do not believe those first three games will define us. The last 13 definitely will and we will have some unexpected players rise up. The character of this team is high and we have a lot of potential, so that's nice 🙂
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
I have to admit, I kind of got caught up in all the media hype about this game being how was it the one article put it "more than just another preseason game, this one could go far in judging the "phyci" of The Packers for the season", or something like that.

Turns out Mike had a plan and stuck with it, he and Ted are still evaluating the young talent, trying to figure out which guys will be there when the cut to 53 happens.

The big negative of the night were the injuries, hopefully they are not serious.

Who else thinks The Packers offense that we have seen is absolutely nothing compared to what we will see opening day in Frisco?

I do, Mike isn't giving anything away.

The Seahawks came out with their starters and stuck with them into the 3rd quarter, they put up 3 points on the Packers starters, and 7 more against The Packers backups.

Feeling good that The Packers stuck with The Seahawks the whole game while still gathering important info on who is going to make the final 53.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Masthay's open field tackle against Golden Tate. 

I'm going to have to look for the link elsewhere, my playback on my computer sucks. on every playback it jumps from about 5 yards before contact to them laying on the ground so I don't get to see the actual tackle.

They did get the roughing flag on that right? Good on Masthey to get knocked down, get back up and make the play.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.