Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nyrpack  
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:41:08 PM(UTC)
do whatever it takes , so this guy cant run all over us, but do it within the rules, im no fan of cheapshots , if you cant beat them fairly in my book you dont deserve to win at all, just my opinion !!
nerdmann  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 5:31:34 PM(UTC)
nyrpack said: Go to Quoted Post
do whatever it takes , so this guy cant run all over us, but do it within the rules, im no fan of cheapshots , if you cant beat them fairly in my book you dont deserve to win at all, just my opinion !!

I'm not saying do something dirty to injure the guy. But I agree that a message needs to be sent.

That said, we don't have to rely on Eric Walden to maintain containment anymore. Because I don't think he ever actually did so a single time in his entire life.
dhazer  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:02:49 PM(UTC)
I think a message needs to be sent early, btw did we sign anyone late for this game lol

mi_keys  
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:07:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm not saying do something dirty to injure the guy. But I agree that a message needs to be sent.

I want each and every last individual bone of Kaepernick's rib cage to have a deep bone bruise by the end of the first quarter; each bruising shot delivered with a shoulder pad when he has the ball, three of which cause fumbles.

Quote:
That said, we don't have to rely on Eric Walden to maintain containment anymore. Because I don't think he ever actually did so a single time in his entire life.

This is the most I've ever agreed with you. Ever. Walden couldn't contain an infant in a play pen.
porky88  
#25 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 5:28:56 PM(UTC)
Harbaugh is just trying to buy a cheap 15 yards.
wpr  
#26 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 8:28:02 PM(UTC)
There is a reason NFL teams don;t want their qb running all over the place. The odds of them getting hurt go way up. The newer coaches must be too young to realize the idea of running qbs has been scraped several other ties in the past.
K_Buz  
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2013 5:35:44 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
There is a reason NFL teams don;t want their qb running all over the place. The odds of them getting hurt go way up. The newer coaches must be too young to realize the idea of running qbs has been scraped several other ties in the past.

True, but the all the new rules to protect the QB has changed the variables of those past experiments.
wpr  
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2013 5:42:04 AM(UTC)
K_Buz said: Go to Quoted Post
True, but the all the new rules to protect the QB has changed the variables of those past experiments.

not completely.

buckeyepackfan  
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2013 5:49:26 AM(UTC)
not completely.

NFL confirms: Read-option QBs can be hit like runners

Saw Harbaugh still trying yesterday at his press conference.

Saying the rule is "cloudy".

When the only thing that's cloudy is your QB's memory, maybe you will get away from the "gimmick" offense you are trying to run and try playing like a real NFL team.

Then if you beat your opponents, so be it.

The rule changes have given the offense plenty of advantage already, The NFL doesn't need to change anymore rules on protecting The QB.
K_Buz  
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2013 6:11:36 AM(UTC)
not completely.

Maybe...maybe not...

These calls are more-so judgement calls, and I have a feeling that the refs are going to be erroring on the side of throwing the flag vs not.
wpr  
#31 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2013 5:09:17 PM(UTC)

NFL speaks – Jim Harbaugh Whines

Quote:
You knew it was coming … Since San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh could not get the NFL to provide even more protection to read-option quarterbacks, he is now calling the league interpretation of the rule allowing quarterbacks engaging in option tactics “flawed and biased,” when interviewed yesterday.
Mucky Tundra  
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:26:30 AM(UTC)
UserPostedImage
nyrpack  
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:35:25 AM(UTC)

and this is why the guy will never be liked, hes a whining little sissy who just doesnt shut his mouth !!
nerdmann  
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:31:14 AM(UTC)
Long as we keep shitting ourselves against them, they can say whatever they want.
Wade  
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:19:58 AM(UTC)
Omigosh...I've applauded Nerdmann twice in one day. What's the world coming to?

[grin1]
Rss Feed