Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago
Losers blame refs.

Don't put the refs in a position to make the difference. Yes, I mean you, Clay Matthews. Yes, i mean you, Josh Sitton.

You are two of the studs of the team. You're supposed to lead by example. By _good_ example. By smart play on the sideline, Matthews! By good fundamental blocking technique, Sitton.

Lombardi would be causing hearing loss for these two guys this week. Wonder what Mike'll do?

I wonder who would have hit the pines longer today under Lombardi, Matthews or Lacy?

I'm doubtless alone in this, but that "launch" by Matthews bothers me a lot more than Lacy's fumble or Ross's mistakes on returns. Rookies fumble from time to time. It happens. Return men make bad decisions in the instant. I mean, it isn't like Cobb didn't do dumb things when he was back there from time to time.

But when a leader of the team makes a dumbshit play. That is worrisome to me. That way leads to the Oakland Raiders or the Forrest Gregg (coaching) era.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Since69
10 years ago
I'm more pissed about Boldin's blatant push-off on that last drive...
UserPostedImage
musccy
10 years ago
Well said wade. The refs didnt give up 400 + yards passing and my first thought with clay was not to get ejected. The refs had an inconsequential effect on the game and to suggest otherwise is missing many bigger issues such as leadership or common sense likr wade alluded to
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
more from PFT...

Is it too much to ask that the officials know the rules?
Referee Bill Leavy admitted after the 49ers beat the Packers that he and his crew had wrongly given the 49ers a free play, calling it third down after offsetting penalties when it should have been fourth down. The 49ers used that extra down to score a touchdown, and the Packers have every right to be furious about it. It’s one thing for an official to miss a call because he didn’t have a good angle to see it. It’s much worse for the officials to get a ruling like that wrong, even after they had time to review and discuss it.

UserPostedImage
sschind
10 years ago

How about the missed facemask call when one of the niners grabbed I believe it was Lacy, and held on for a long time. HOW did the blind refs miss that???

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

How about the blatant hold that one of the Packers O linemen got away with on a big gainer in a subsequent drive.

Face it, the refs DID NOT have much of an effect on the outcome of this game. If you have to cling to it as an excuse you are deluding yourself. Our pass defense sucked and that is why we lost.

Dulak
10 years ago

I agree that this call can't be an excuse, but damn, the refs should get this stuff right. The Packers aren't going to win against the 49'ers and a few screw ups by the refs.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/several-reports-indicate-deal-between-nfl-officials-imminent-023915580--nfl.html 

So we have to let it go about the refs calls - yet they are paid what 179,000 dollars a year to make accurate decisions.

I EXPECT them to get it right; else I sure could use the money and would happily take a ref job.

sschind
10 years ago
Not knowing the rules is what bothers me the most. I can overlook a bad call or a missed call here and there. There is a lot going on and yes they refs are supposed to be professionals there is a lot going on and things get messed up. Many of them are subjective and we will not all see them the same way anyway. The thing is they did not mess this one up, the call anyway. They got that part right but the enforcement is not a subjective thing. The rules call for a very specific set of enforcement on plays like this and they got it wrong.

The call did not affect the outcome of the game other than perhaps a tiny insignificant amount which should not have mattered but the fact that they couldn't get the enforcement (not the call) right is the thing that upsets me the most, and to be totally honest it doesn't really bother me much.

The Packers had their chance and got beat by the 49ers yesterday, not by the refs. Penalties are such a fickle part of the game. If we beat a team and their fans complain about the refs call them whining cry babies who should get over it. We will deny calls missed or, if they are blatant screw ups we claim they should have been good enough to overcome it. On the other hand, let one small mix up by the refs cause a minor inconvenience to our team and right those same fans telling the other teams fans to deal with it are screaming bloody murder and demanding swift and severe retribution on the perpetrators because we got jobbed by the refs again. I find it funny that very few fans ever see the calls the refs missed that would have gone against their team but let them miss just one that would have gone in our favor and all of a sudden they are blind.

Not all people complaining about the call necessarily fall into this category and that includes many of you here. Most of you have acknowledged that the call was not the reason we lost, but then why even mention it? It makes us seem just like those whining crybaby fans of other teams we complain about.

musccy
10 years ago
- If Mike McCarthy accepted the penalty like he should have, there never would have been a play to debate.
- Clay debatably should have been ejected for his late hit
- Clay debatably should have been ejected for punching Staley
- Staley's retaliation was a gift call to the Packers after everything was clearly initiated by Clay.
- The refs should not have replayed the down (but did any of us know that prior to Pereira chiming in?)

So there were 5 screw ups I can count in that sequence. 3 worked in the Packers favor, the most egregious was self-inflicted, but the one that we cry to the heavens about is the one error that only happened due to the preceding four errors we're all ignoring. [duh]
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
If you say Clay should have been ejected, why don't you own up to the 49ers player who hit Sam Shields during the skirmish? You're overcompensating against the Packers unnecessarily.

No one should have been ejected. It's football. A mans game and the 49ers were the more skilled man Sunday.
UserPostedImage
musccy
10 years ago
Mike McCarthy's decision to accept, and Clay's stupid macho act trumped anything the refs did, and were the reason the refs were even in a position to get the call wrong. A call that neither Joe Buck, Tory Aikman, and if we are honest, 90-some% of us probably didn't know was the wrong call. Had Clay not started this crap, there wouldn't have been a skirmish for a packer to get punched anyway.

Pissing and moaning about this call makes us look like a bunch of whining babies. The Pack gave up 500 yards for the 2nd straight game to the 49'ers, yet THIS is the focus on PFT and these boards after the game?!?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.