nerdmann
10 years ago

I copied this from one of the articles, it is a reply after there were several negative posts on the upcoming game and season.

Really hope whoever this is , they are using a different name for that site and are a regular poster on this site.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

packsmack25 says:

September 8, 2013 at 12:24 am

Every off-season, I forget. I forget just how good Aaron Rodgers is at football. I forget because it doesn’t make sense for anyone to be as good as he is at throwing the football. I forget because the throws he can make are sometimes so perfect, they seem to be computer generated. And every year, I tune in to the first game, and there is Aaron, doing ridiculous things. I’m so excited to remember, you guys. It all happens again tomorrow. For real.

Here is where I disagree with your assessment, Aaron: the tough competition is GOOD for the Packers. There may be no way in hell they go 13-3, but that’s a good thing. You see, way back in 2010, there was an upstart, YOUNG team in Green Bay that was struggling to stay healthy. Their defense had been exposed in the previous season’s playoffs. How were they going to stop anyone? Kurt Warner had hung half a hundred on them! Favre had gotten his revenge, and had his way, twice! They had a brutal schedule coming up, with 6 games against playoff teams, 2 against the always tough Bears who were getting Urlacher back after a knee injury ended his 2009 season in week 1, and a game against the Falcons in Atlanta, a team that had narrowly missed the playoffs the prior year and a team that everyone thought was going to make noise in 2010.

What did the Packers do? They played football. They battled through the tough games, week in and week out, never losing by more than 4(!) points. They hung in there, lost some close games, battled through all sorts of adversity, and scrapped their way into the dance.

When the playoffs rolled around, it was nothing to them. They had been in a dogfight every week. You couldn’t punch them in the mouth, because they were already missing their teeth from being punched all year.

And you know what happened? They rolled. They had NO FEAR in the playoffs. Nothing could happen to them that they hadn’t already experienced as a team, and they were ready for anything that you could throw at them.

The 2010 Packers were a highly flawed team. They played a guy named Frank Zombo and another named Charlie Peprah for a majority of the season and in the Super Bowl AS STARTERS. They had a guy named Sam Shields, a rookie they signed off the street, and another guy named Tramon Williams, whom they had signed off the street a few years before, playing lockdown coverage in the playoffs. But they won. Because they had battled their way through it.

I don’t think any of those things happen if they didn’t get embarrassed on defense in 2009 or if they played an easy schedule in 2010. You could make an argument that the Giants and Ravens have since followed the same blueprint, battling adversity and playing tough games throughout the season, only to thrive in the playoffs because they were the most playoff-ready teams out there.

So where you think this team will crumble, I think they’ll be ready. Where you think this team has deficiencies, I think embarrassment has turned those deficiencies into strengths. I know you want to go with your head. I just think your head is wrong. This is a team that is going to go 11-5 and scare the living sh!t out of everyone come playoff time. Just like 2010. It’s time to use your head to remember.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

And the reason they were in that position is because they consistently shit themselves for the first 10 weeks of the season.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

And the reason they were in that position is because they consistently sh!t themselves for the first 10 weeks of the season.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

F---ck Off nerdman!!!!

The same "SHIT" has been spewing out of your mouth for years now, just because a team loses doesn't mean "THEY SHIT THEMSELVES"

Get a new rap, or JUST STFU!!!!

You make know sense, none at all, your conspiracy theories are old, and they make no sense.

Please do not respond to anything I post, because all you do is PISS ME OFF and everything you say is meant to bring people down.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Played my first Madden 25 game.

Packers at 49ers

1st
0 - 3

2nd
0 - 6

3rd
0 - 9

I couldn't fricking stop the 49ers and couldn't get a first down for a damn thing. Then I changed the camera view to the "legacy" which puts you more into the game.

Suddenly Eddie Lacy came to life and got me a TD and sprang open my passing game. One minute into 4th quarter, I hit Nelson on a 3 yd TD.

Brad Jones picked off Colin K on the ensuing drive. Starting at the 50 I ran it 7 times with Lacy and scored. Game 14 to 9 with 1:37 left. Other than that pick, I wasn't stopping them for squat!

2nd play of the drive there's 1:17 left on the clock and Kaepernick throws a pass to A.J. Hawk. INTERCEPTION!!

Packers ball on the SF 47 with 1:13 left. On seven consecutive runs, Lacy scores another TD! 21 - 9 with 21 seconds left.

49ers score on first play with a 80 YD TD to Boldin.

Packers recover onside kick, Lacy runs the clock out. Packers win 21 - 16 in a fourth quarter thrillah!

Aaron Rodgers 5 of 12 for 50 yards and one TD and INT.

Eddie Lacy, player of the game.
29 carries
181 yards
6.2 average
2 TD's
61 yards after first hit
13 for a long

First time I've had a far better rushing attack than passing attack. But I also wanted to milk the clock since I couldn't stop their damn offense.

Somehow a video game just made me even more excited for the real thing.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

F---ck Off nerdman!!!!

The same "sh!t" has been spewing out of your mouth for years now, just because a team loses doesn't mean "THEY sh!t THEMSELVES"

Get a new rap, or JUST STFU!!!!

You make know sense, none at all, your conspiracy theories are old, and they make no sense.

Please do not respond to anything I post, because all you do is PISS ME OFF and everything you say is meant to bring people down.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I love you man.l
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
10 years ago
Inactives:
[list=1]
  • 29 CB Casey Hayward
  • 42 S Morgan Burnett
  • 51 LB Nate Palmer
  • 58 LB Sam Barrington
  • G Lane Taylor
  • TE Brandon Bostick
  • [*]DE Josh Boyd[/list]
    yooperfan
    10 years ago
    God D in 1st half.
    Offense able to overcome some adversity.
    GO PACK GO!
    nerdmann
    10 years ago

God D in 1st half.
    Offense able to overcome some adversity.
    GO PACK GO!

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Offense creating their own adversity.

Gutty play by the defense, but both sides could have played better.
    Zero2Cool
    10 years ago

49ers 33
    Packers 24

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Unfortunately, I was close.

Them 34
    Us 28

UserPostedImage
    DoddPower
    10 years ago
    I have no faith in any of the Packers safeties beyond Burnett, and he is just "good," not "great." The safeties were a major weakness this game.
    Cheesey
    10 years ago
    Defense let us down again.
    Different year, same results.
    Disappointing.
    UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (43m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
    beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.