play2win
10 years ago

Of course he made more plays. That doesn't prove anything though because the QB isn't solely responsible for plays he does or doesn't make. Bolden was wide open often. Rodgers had to make some spectacular throws in combination with amazing catches to get several completions. Everyone can have an opinion, but I think if the QBs switched teams, Kaepernick would not enjoy the same level of success. The Packers aren't a very good team without Aaron Rodgers. With him, they can go toe-to-toe with the best of them and potentially win. The 49'ers are a good team in every aspect, including Colin Kaepernick. The guy couldn't be in a better situation, and he makes the most of it. Nothing against him at all, he can't control those external factors. But the level of talent around him is very impressive on both sides of the ball. Do you honestly think Rodgers wouldn't look a little better with a better running game, a MUCH better offensive line, a great defense, and incredible coaching? If you don't, then I don't know what else to say. If Kaepernick faced as much constant pressure from opposing defenses as Rodgers does throughout a season and playoffs, I feel very confident that he wouldn't react as well. I can't prove it, because it almost never happens. But history shows that many other mobile QB's didn't fair well in similar conditions. Kaepernick could be an exception, but that's yet to be determined presently.

That's why I said in my previous post, that ultimately, a comparison can't be made because they are simply too many variables to evaluate. If you want to evaluate QB play based on one game, well, that's one thing. I choose to use the bigger picture, and I have yet to see Colin Kaepernick match Aaron Rodgers' 2010 playoff run, as a whole throughout the Super Bowl. Or the 2011 season, or multiple other incredible stretches. Sure, Rodgers had a better team in 2010 than he does now, but I can't say it was clearly better than the current 49'ers.

None of this is a dis to Colin Kaepernick. He's obviously very, very good. However, I would argue that the 49'ers win more as a team than most other teams in recent memory. Props to them for that. They execute well in all phases consistently, which is truly the mark of a good team.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Dodd, holy crap. Enough already. I based my own opinion on all the games that I've seen Kaepernick play. Yeah, right now, I think he might be a better QB, with more versatility, and possibly a better leader. I can have that opinion.

According to you and steveishere, apparently that notion is laughable and crazy. I don't agree.

QB was the absolute very least of our problems. Rodgers played very well. Our team simply did not make the grade.

DoddPower
10 years ago

QB was the absolute very least of our problems. Rodgers played very well. Our team simply did not make the grade.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Thank you. You summed up my sentiments exactly. The Packers as a TEAM didn't make the grade, as you put it. The game on Sunday wasn't won or lost by Rodgers or Kaepernick. As always, it was a team effort. There are simply too many variables to directly compare the quarterback play of those two teams. But still, if I had my choice, I'd take Rodgers on the 49'ers team with that coaching over Kaepernick. Perhaps if/when the 49'ers and Kaepernick storm through the playoffs and win a Super Bowl or so, I'll change my opinion, but that has yet to happen, so my point remains.

play2win
10 years ago
Yeah. I get where you are coming from. And, yeah, I said it, not that I was looking for any kind of tussle over this. I believe the difference is starting to look marginal comparing both QBs at this juncture.

Rodgers had a healthy, battle tested Nelson, Cobb, Jones and Finley to throw to. Finley and Jones made horrific drops.

Kaepernick had the battle tested Boldin and Davis, with one of the best RBs in Gore out of the backfield.

Figure, if we put House, Burnett and Hayward in place of Bush, McMillian and Jennings, we win that game, and the discussion completely changes.
steveishere
10 years ago

According to you and steveishere, apparently that notion is laughable and crazy. I don't agree.

OK seriously just STFU. I never said or even implied about anything being "laughable" or "crazy" You have this insane obsession with completely making shit up and saying that's what someone else said. Enough already guy. If you have a point to make just make it without sensationalizing or stretching things that someone says into things that they absolutely did NOT say.

Now tell us again how I said Chris Banjo looks like a 10x better player than Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson combined. (annoying isn't it)
play2win
10 years ago
Rational discussion is impossible with you, steveishere. I think you have it in for me no matter what I say on any subject.

Did you view the game again? Did you see how many times Kaepernick was flushed out of the pocket or pressured v. Rodgers?

Can you offer anything more than your emotion to the subject?
DoddPower
10 years ago

Rational discussion is impossible with you, steveishere. I think you have it in for me no matter what I say on any subject.

Did you view the game again? Did you see how many times Kaepernick was flushed out of the pocket or pressured v. Rodgers?

Can you offer anything more than your emotion to the subject?

From my perspective, Rodgers was under MUCH more pressure than Kaepernick the entire game, up until the last possession. Not that that surprises me, though.
GermanGilbert
10 years ago

From my perspective, Rodgers was under MUCH more pressure than Kaepernick the entire game, up until the last possession. Not that that surprises me, though.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

For me as well, and the stats I brought up should sign that. Not a single hurry, let alone a hit or sack in maybe a third of the game? Epic fail, nothing else. CMIII had a great game afterwards, though, aside this stupid OOB tackle. But aside from CMIII, who else caused problems for Kaepernick? I didn't see a single guy.
blank
steveishere
10 years ago

Rational discussion is impossible with you, steveishere. I think you have it in for me ?

If you consider your constant use of hyperbole towards me rational discussion then no its certainly not possible. Say what you want about me at least ive never tried to lie about things you have been saying.
play2win
10 years ago
"Hyperbole." Coming from you... Wow.

"Lie." Buy a clue.

WTF? You can't keep it to football? It's all about you huh steveishere?

This is a simple forum for discussion about the Packers.

Give me a fucking break.
steveishere
10 years ago
Well then please quote where I said anything being laughable or crazy. Go ahead and quote when I said chris banjo was awesome while you are at it since you kept telling everyone isaid that at least 4 or 5 times then ill give you your fucking break. I wont hold my breath though.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.