play2win
10 years ago

SHould beat them and DID beat them are two different things.

To be the top dog in the NFC, Green Bay has to handilly beat the 49ers and the Seahawks.

Washington will be interesting. We'll see how they respond.

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

We are far from top dog. Far. From... [puke]
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Wrong about being far from the top dog. We just lost a close game we coulda/shoulda won to the best team in the NFL.

As I've said many times, it was not the read option that killed the Packers in last years playoff game; It was Kaepernick dropping back and taking off. The Packers had a well-thought out plan to stop that. They just didn't figure on Kaepernick passing out of his mind like that, and as I recall seeing him in a couple of non-Packer games, he ain't always that good a passer. Either he played over his head, or our secondary was that bad, or both. Capers seemed to be relying on Corners and Safeties virtually 100% in coverage. The whole front seven (or six most of the time) was dedicated to containment - which they basically did a good job of. I just wonder what difference a healthy Hayward on Bolden and Burnett on Davis or in deep zone would have made. It was a chess match; Capers had a good strategy, but Niner strategy - and more so, execution was better.

If not for the turnovers on offense (and officiating), we still woulda beat 'em.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
play2win
10 years ago

Wrong about being far from the top dog. We just lost a close game we coulda/shoulda won to the best team in the NFL.

As I've said many times, it was not the read option that killed the Packers in last years playoff game; It was Kaepernick dropping back and taking off. The Packers had a well-thought out plan to stop that. They just didn't figure on Kaepernick passing out of his mind like that, and as I recall seeing him in a couple of non-Packer games, he ain't always that good a passer. Either he played over his head, or our secondary was that bad, or both. Capers seemed to be relying on Corners and Safeties virtually 100% in coverage. The whole front seven (or six most of the time) was dedicated to containment - which they basically did a good job of. I just wonder what difference a healthy Hayward on Bolden and Burnett on Davis or in deep zone would have made. It was a chess match; Capers had a good strategy, but Niner strategy - and more so, execution was better.

If not for the turnovers on offense (and officiating), we still woulda beat 'em.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Bullshit.

Woulda.

Coulda.

Shoulda.

We were not even close. Was that not a meaningful game? Sure as hell was. And, I cannot remember the last time we dominated one of those games. A meaningful game. We have another coming up on Sunday, defending our own home turf, the hallowed Lambeau Field. How have we done with that lately? Holy shit.

We are far, far, far from being a top 5 team in this NFL. If we keep playing like this.... the only other SF QB to launch 400+ and 3 TDs in the first game of the season was Joe Montana. I am not sure if you are realizing this, but we keep helping to set NFL records for futility.

Kaepernick had never before thrown for 300 yds... he had a record setting day with a career high 412.

We gave up 500 freaking yds. on defense. Holy F. Top dog? Are you kidding me? How?
nerdmann
10 years ago

I truly think the difference between us and them.. comes down to two simple areas right now.

1. They get a more consistent pass rush than we can currently generate.

2. They have a better offensive line overall.

I agree, they are the better more complete team, stated that last year as well early (see dialog with ZombieSlayer), but I think we have closed the gap from last year to this year. Especially with us establishing some run game success late yesterday.

If Matthews doesn't make a mistake with the late hit.. this game becomes even closer. BTW.. the Unsportsmanlike on Staley was BS.. if anything, Matthews should have gotten that as well.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Why does everyone think we were rushing the passer yesterday? We were containing a running QB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
10 years ago

Bullsh!t.

Woulda.

Coulda.

Shoulda.

We were not even close. Was that not a meaningful game? Sure as hell was. And, I cannot remember the last time we dominated one of those games. A meaningful game. We have another coming up on Sunday, defending our own home turf, the hallowed Lambeau Field. How have we done with that lately? Holy sh!t.

We are far, far, far from being a top 5 team in this NFL. If we keep playing like this.... the only other SF QB to launch 400+ and 3 TDs in the first game of the season was Joe Montana. I am not sure if you are realizing this, but we keep helping to set NFL records for futility.

Kaepernick had never before thrown for 300 yds... he had a record setting day with a career high 412.

We gave up 500 freaking yds. on defense. Holy F. Top dog? Are you kidding me? How?

Originally Posted by: play2win 

LOL, we can always depend on the the predictable and emotional over-reaction posts by play2win after a loss. At least it's amusing.

If you truly believe the Packers are "far, far, far" from being a top 5 team in the NFL, you are clueless. The Packers played a overall better team incredibly tough (on the road, no less), had a lead in the 4th quarter, but came up a little short. It happens. The 49'ers are better than most other teams in the league, if not all. As I said in the chat, if the Packers continue to play the way they did week 1 while cleaning up a few things, they will win many games this year, a minimum of 10 and quite possibly 11 or 12. That's a good team. If they stay relatively healthy, they would have as good of a chance as any in the playoffs. Since they are SO FAR away from being a top 5 team, who are the other 10 teams that are clearly so much better than the Packers? Or perhaps you think they are much lower than the top 15, since they're so far away. At this point, the 49'ers and Bronco's are probably better. The Seahawks struggled pretty badly on Sunday against the Panthers. I watched that game and they did not look that good. The Panthers left a ton of opportunities to score on the field yesterday, mostly by shitting themselves. Also, I don't think their defense is as good as the Packers, but they held the Seahawks in check.

So the 49'ers are better. Big deal. It's the NFL. We can't expect the Packers to be the #1 team constantly. Obviously that's the goal those that are getting paid need to be shooting for, but it's just not going to happen all the time. The 49'ers are better, but the Packers are still a good team, and if they play up to their ability and eliminate a few stupid plays, they could very well beat them. That's why the games are played.

The Packers are right in the mix of the top 5 or 8 teams. Absolutely. They just need some young players to keep developing and stay healthy overall, and they will be Super Bowl contenders come playoff time. That's about all we as fans could hope for. Sure, they could be better, but what team couldn't. Packer fans still have it pretty good.
Cheesey
10 years ago
This game reminded me of our 15-1
season.
Porous defense forcing our O to have to bail
the team out.
UserPostedImage
macbob
10 years ago

We were not even close.

We were within 1 score against one of the top teams in the league.

We had lousy field position all night (some of it self-induced), we played sloppy with turnovers and penalties, and WE STILL LOST BY LESS THAN 7 POINTS.

In this game, the 49ers were better...but not much better.

Last year in the playoffs, they were a LOT better.

We eliminate our own errors and this is a win. And since this was only the first game of the season, we have time to straighten out KO returners who bring it out when they should have taken a knee, LGs who are still adjusting to playing on the left side rather than the right, etc.

It's incredibly difficult to win every game. I'd rather be peaking at the end of the season (2010) than too early in the season (2011).
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

We were within 1 score against one of the top teams in the league.

We had lousy field position all night (some of it self-induced), we played sloppy with turnovers and penalties, and WE STILL LOST BY LESS THAN 7 POINTS.

In this game, the 49ers were better...but not much better.

Last year in the playoffs, they were a LOT better.

We eliminate our own errors and this is a win. And since this was only the first game of the season, we have time to straighten out KO returners who bring it out when they should have taken a knee, LGs who are still adjusting to playing on the left side rather than the right, etc.

It's incredibly difficult to win every game. I'd rather be peaking at the end of the season (2010) than too early in the season (2011).

Originally Posted by: macbob 

Agreed. We eliminate our errors, and there's not a team in the league that can beat us.

Unfortunately, I've been saying that for years now.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
10 years ago

Bullsh!t.

Woulda.

Coulda.

Shoulda.

We were not even close. Was that not a meaningful game? Sure as hell was. And, I cannot remember the last time we dominated one of those games. A meaningful game. We have another coming up on Sunday, defending our own home turf, the hallowed Lambeau Field. How have we done with that lately? Holy sh!t.

@ Lambeau 15-1 the last 2 years, Holy shit indeed
I'd like to see the 15-20 teams you have ranked ahead of GB
Kaepernick has never before thrown for 300 yards - False
gbguy20
10 years ago

@ Lambeau 15-1 the last 2 years, Holy sh!t indeed
I'd like to see the 15-20 teams you have ranked ahead of GB
Kaepernick has never before thrown for 300 yards - False

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

that was actually his first 300 yard game. it was mentioned during the broadcast and put up on a little graphic
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.