DakotaT
10 years ago
I recall wanting to trade up for Mario Williams or Bush. But I wanted Hawk over the workout warrior Vernon Davis. It took Mike Singletary kicking Davis' ass for three years to get the player we see now to come out. As far as I'm concerned, that's Singletary's team in San Francisco, and I wish we would bring him in to coach our defense.

So for the record Texas, I did not want VD.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago

Just another Ted Thompson F--k up!!!!
[duh] [duh] [duh] [duh] [duh] [duh]
another in a long length OF GM miscues, starting as far back as 1989..when.............................................................................................................................................................................................................
DAMNIT WE COULD HAVE HAD BARRY SANDERS!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Get over yourself and your Hawk fetish, already. This is actually a good thread.

UserPostedImage
Dulak
10 years ago
I might not remember hawk vs davis but I do remember mandrich vs sanders - that was a good one huh - we should get a poster or mandrich for zero 🙂
musccy
10 years ago

but I do remember mandrich vs sanders - that was a good one huh

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

The Pack should get complimentary draft picks for the next 100 years for that one.

As for the thread, I liked the Hawk pick at the time, likely using 20/20 hindsight I'd side with Vernon.

play2win
10 years ago

I would take Haloti Ngata over both.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Indeed. I wanted Ngata.

Imagine how different THAT team would have been. We had to wait till 2009 to get some beef in the middle with Raji.

We would have had a fierce DL, with Barnett and Bishop in their primes in the middle. Might have been better off that way.

Davis seemed too much like a Barbie.

Hawk was the safe pick that 95% of prognosticators mocked correctly to GB.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

So for the record Texas, I did not want VD.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

This isn't the place to discuss your health issues, Dakota 😆

Seriously, that high in the draft, I would have expected (not necessarily based on reports of Hawk in college, just the draft position) a top quality sideline to sideline tackling machine - not a Butkis or Nitschke, not even maybe a Singletary, but several shades better than Hawk has been.

As for Davis, he was maybe a slightly less safe pick, but that high up in the draft, I think you have to gamble on getting a superstar instead of a safe technician.

And if we got Davis, we probably would have avoided all the angst over good and bad and ugly performances by Jermichael Finley.

As was said, at least Hawk wasn't another Mandarich. It seems like there were other good alternatives besides Deion Sanders then too.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Indeed. I wanted Ngata.

Imagine how different THAT team would have been. We had to wait till 2009 to get some beef in the middle with Raji.

We would have had a fierce DL, with Barnett and Bishop in their primes in the middle. Might have been better off that way.

Davis seemed too much like a Barbie.

Hawk was the safe pick that 95% of prognosticators mocked correctly to GB.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Do you see the flaw in your statement?

Barnett went down in 2010 then again in 2011.(or was it 2009 and 2010?) the year that matters is 2010.

How many winning SuperBowl teams has Davis played on?

I would have been happy with either Davis or Ngata, but "IN HINDSIGHT" sure am glad Hawk was there in 2010 when LBr's were dropping like flies and he stepped up and became the QB of defense.

Ifs and Buts people ifs and buts.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
play2win
10 years ago

Do you see the flaw in your statement?

Barnett went down in 2010 then again in 2011.(or was it 2009 and 2010?) the year that matters is 2010.

How many winning SuperBowl teams has Davis played on?

I would have been happy with either Davis or Ngata, but "IN HINDSIGHT" sure am glad Hawk was there in 2010 when LBr's were dropping like flies and he stepped up and became the QB of defense.

Ifs and Buts people ifs and buts.

What the hell does THAT mean? I wanted Ngata. I never was a Nick Barnett fan, but was a huge Desmond Bishop fan. Big deal.

The question was "Hawk or Davis," and I wanted neither, but felt Hawk was a very safe pick.

The years that mattered were 2006-2009, where we could have used Ngata instead of Colin Cole. We went 8-8 in 2006 and 13-3 in 2007. I would say Ngata thrown into that line that had a 15 sack Kampman and a 6 sack Kabeer, a 7 sack Corey Williams and a 7 sack Cullen Jenkins could have made the difference. Pickett was there just chewing up blockers.

We might have won the SB with Favre at QB in 2007 had we chosen differently, and who knows how many others...
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

What the hell does THAT mean? I wanted Ngata. I never was a Nick Barnett fan, but was a huge Desmond Bishop fan. Big deal.

The question was "Hawk or Davis," and I wanted neither, but felt Hawk was a very safe pick.

The years that mattered were 2006-2009, where we could have used Ngata instead of Colin Cole. We went 8-8 in 2006 and 13-3 in 2007. I would say Ngata thrown into that line that had a 15 sack Kampman and a 6 sack Kabeer, a 7 sack Corey Williams and a 7 sack Cullen Jenkins could have made the difference. Pickett was there just chewing up blockers.

We might have won the SB with Favre at QB in 2007 had we chosen differently, and who knows how many others...

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Damn, you specifically mentioned Barnett and Bishop in the post I quoted..
Sorry for the confusion.

Favre was going to throw that game in 2007 no matter who played on defense...Just ask Nerdman!!!!

😆 😆 😆

Just a joke, I guess you can look back and say "what if"' but it doesn't really change things.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
play2win
10 years ago

Damn, you specifically mentioned Barnett and Bishop in the post I quoted..
Sorry for the confusion.

Favre was going to throw that game in 2007 no matter who played on defense...Just ask Nerdman!!!!

😆 😆 😆

Just a joke, I guess you can look back and say "what if"' but it doesn't really change things.

Uh, that's SO TRUE!!! Man, I think back to what could have been with this Packers team over the decades... many, many wasted opportunities. Kind of goes to show how vital it is to make hay while the sun shines. You get most of the pieces in place, my line of thinking is, finish it off and enjoy the ride. This testing youth thing as a constant, as a maxim, drives me bat shit crazy.

For instance, add the veteran S this offseason to what we have and maybe we win last Sunday...
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (56m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.