steveishere
10 years ago

that was actually his first 300 yard game. it was mentioned during the broadcast and put up on a little graphic

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

He passed for 300 yards in the last game he had before the GB game and against the superbowl champions no less.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
If this is about those stupid "power rankings", they mean less than nothing.

The Niners beat us fair and square - well, almost. That makes them the better team by performance the first week. If the game was 61 minutes, it was ours ..... but give them one more possession after that, and who knows?

Is there anybody else better or even close to either the Niners or Packers? I don't think so.

Saying we are not even close? That's just ridiculous. Would anybody say the Niners were not even close to the top if we had the last possession and beat them?
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
10 years ago

The Niners beat us fair and square - well, almost. That makes them the better team by performance the first week. If the game was 61 minutes, it was ours ..... but give them one more possession after that, and who knows?

Is there anybody else better or even close to either the Niners or Packers? I don't think so.

Saying we are not even close? That's just ridiculous. Would anybody say the Niners were not even close to the top if we had the last possession and beat them?

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

You mean if we had ONE more minute in time of possession? Or let's say 30 seconds, because if you take the ball away from them, that's 30 less that they have too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
porky88
10 years ago
I recall the 2007 Giants playing New England in the last game of that season. Nobody gave them a chance. They did lose that week, but they left the field knowing they could play with the Patriots. The same thing happened in 2011. They played the mighty Packers and it took a Mason Crosby game-winning field goal (when he actually made kicks) for the Packers to keep the undefeated streak alive. The Giants also walked away knowing they could play with Green Bay. They won both rematches en route to two Super Bowl titles.

Last year, I don't believe Green Bay ever left the field believing they could play with San Francisco. They kicked the Packers all over the field in both games. Those scores actually don't indicate how much better San Francisco was in 2012. Last week, however, I think (hope) the Packers left the field knowing they can play with the 49ers. They were winning in the fourth quarter. Their defense was matching San Francisco's physicality. For the most part, Rodgers had time to throw. There were many positives to come from this game. Yes, some awful negatives, but San Francisco is supposed to be the best the NFL offers. The Packers went to their house in week one and gave them all they had. We’ll see how the season goes, but I’m looking forward to a potential rematch this time.
play2win
10 years ago

We were within 1 score against one of the top teams in the league.

We had lousy field position all night (some of it self-induced), we played sloppy with turnovers and penalties, and WE STILL LOST BY LESS THAN 7 POINTS.

In this game, the 49ers were better...but not much better.

Last year in the playoffs, they were a LOT better.

We eliminate our own errors and this is a win. And since this was only the first game of the season, we have time to straighten out KO returners who bring it out when they should have taken a knee, LGs who are still adjusting to playing on the left side rather than the right, etc.

It's incredibly difficult to win every game. I'd rather be peaking at the end of the season (2010) than too early in the season (2011).

Originally Posted by: macbob 

From the standpoint of watching that game in real time, did it seem to you we were IN this game?

Did you get the sense that we were dominating? Did you get the sense that WE were going to WIN?

When we tied it at the half, I thought it more a freak anomaly. When we went ahead with 6 minutes left in the 4th, I got the sense there was just too much time and that they would score to take the lead.

We seemed horribly pourus against the pass and more reactionary on offense for me to think we were really in this game, with a legit chance to win. Had our D lifted and made some things happen in the 4th Quarter it all would have changed.

Looking at the game from afar, yeah, we were close. One score away. But, in that game real time, that last score looked insurmountable. So much so, you almost knew how it would play out before our own last score. It's just the way that game went.

I do agree macbob, if we are going to peak I would rather it be at the end of the season going into the playoffs.

If we can only win one game this year against SF, I'll gladly take the playoff game for the W!
play2win
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Did you know Rodgers is 0-17 vs. .500 teams and better in 4th Quarter comebacks?

Yeesh. I don't like to make mention of this fact, but there it is. I hope Rodgers and the Packers (this stat is in no way just on Rodgers, but the entire Packers team) can change that.
nerdmann
10 years ago

From the standpoint of watching that game in real time, did it seem to you we were IN this game?

Did you get the sense that we were dominating? Did you get the sense that WE were going to WIN?

When we tied it at the half, I thought it more a freak anomaly. When we went ahead with 6 minutes left in the 4th, I got the sense there was just too much time and that they would score to take the lead.

We seemed horribly pourus against the pass and more reactionary on offense for me to think we were really in this game, with a legit chance to win. Had our D lifted and made some things happen in the 4th Quarter it all would have changed.

Looking at the game from afar, yeah, we were close. One score away. But, in that game real time, that last score looked insurmountable. So much so, you almost knew how it would play out before our own last score. It's just the way that game went.

I do agree macbob, if we are going to peak I would rather it be at the end of the season going into the playoffs.

If we can only win one game this year against SF, I'll gladly take the playoff game for the W!

Originally Posted by: play2win 

They definitely "let us hang around." But we also shit ourselves, repeatedly.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
10 years ago

Did you know Rodgers is 0-17 vs. .500 teams and better in 4th Quarter comebacks?

Yeesh. I don't like to make mention of this fact, but there it is. I hope Rodgers and the Packers (this stat is in no way just on Rodgers, but the entire Packers team) can change that.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Does that stat take into account games where he did get the lead in the 4th quarter only to have the defense piss it away.

play2win
10 years ago
Not sure how "top dog" it is to be ranked #7 by AP, #6 by FOX (and that's advancing one position simply because we hung with SF), #7 by ESPN, #9 by CBS... Hey! Bleacher Report has us at #5!!!

Honestly, I don't put a whole lot into that either texaspackerbacker. My gut feeling on this is Mike McCarthy is dealing with a good number of unknowns. The run game, his OL, and his secondary depth without Burnett, Hayward and House in there... He is going to have to figure out how best to play his guys, which are his best guys, and get this whole thing dialed in nice and tight after the bye week for a really nice run through the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.

That is a lot of ground to cover, and a lot can happen over these next 19 weeks or so. Hopefully we can go into the bye 2-1, with a more firm handle on what kind of team we really are, and a solid plan moving forward. Hopefully, we can get the rest of our guys healthy, and that they can stay healthy throughout.

We can be top dog again. We simply are not there yet, not by any means. Lots of proving to do.
play2win
10 years ago

Does that stat take into account games where he did get the lead in the 4th quarter only to have the defense piss it away.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/best-and-worst-quarterback-records-the-clutch-adjusted-for-strength-schedule/18941/ 

As you mentioned, the D has the capability to piss games away with great regularity (since the 2011 KC loss), and I think this statistical listing unfairly points to the QBs. How much of it revolves around missed FGs, or blown leads by the D, or poor play calling by the HC or OC, or game mismanagement, etc? It all factors in.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.