wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

The most traditional way NFL teams (besides the Green Bay Packers) sells season tickets is for all eight regular season games and two preseason games.  Our beloved Packers do their season tickets differently. Currently Packers season ticket holders are split into two separate packages. There is a Gold Package and a Green Package.

I propose the new season ticket holders pay a ONE TIME $600 per seat PSL plus ticket ($48,000,000 new money for Packers) and now all of a sudden the waiting has disappeared, everyone gets a game, or just about. That would give the Packers 240,000 season tickets holders (three season ticket packages , Green, Gold and New Package), times the 80,000 seating capacity per game.

LombardiAve  wrote:

I think it should go to the "Gold Package" ticket holders. :-"

actually it is an interesting idea he has. It won't happen. Many of the people on the list won't want "JUST" 1 game. and it will be a very long time before more games are added to the schedule even in the NFL wants them.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
10 years ago
isnt the point of being a season ticket holder having tickets all season? its easy to buy tickets for 1 game per year as is.
nyrpack
10 years ago
dont think season tix holders are gonna go for this idea !!
jimmy b.
nerdmann
10 years ago
If anything they'll add them to the Milwaukee package.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago

isnt the point of being a season ticket holder having tickets all season? its easy to buy tickets for 1 game per year as is.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

probably so. Keep in mind the Packers get more revenue in the form of PSL and the people don't have to pay the scalpers rate.

The story was just a way for him to get some discussion.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago
Said this before, and I'll say it again, it's poor business practice to have as long a waiting list as the Packers have.

Okay, I understand wanting to have a small waiting list, ten thousand or maybe twenty. But what is the list now? 50K, 80K?

That's a ridiculous price for insurance against "lean years". I'd raise ticket prices by $25/year until that backlog was cut by 50 or 75%.

$25 x 70,000 x 8 = $14 million a year. That's enough money to hire one or two starter-quality OL via creative salary-cap-manipulating bonuses.

EVERY YEAR.

A pretty big price to pay just so current ticketholders can scalp half their tickets and pay for next year's tickets.

If I were Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy I'd be quietly lobbying for bigger price increases every year.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Said this before, and I'll say it again, it's poor business practice to have as long a waiting list as the Packers have.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I read that and think don't ya know much about supply and demand? lol

A large portion of those on the list were placed there by their parents or grandparents with the understanding it would be decades before they get their name called. To which it gives them ample time to save up money to purchase the tickets when said name comes up.

Removing the waiting list would be like putting a dome on the stadium. It takes away the 'charm'. Hey, I don't wanna wait 364 days for Christmas to get presents, lets shorten that up!!

You have to watch for diminishing returns. Slippery slope and considering how profitable the Packers are (also sold out X amount of years while having one of the most capacity stadiums in the NFL), I think your accusation of poor business practice doesn't need any further words.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago

A pretty big price to pay just so current ticketholders can scalp half their tickets and pay for next year's tickets.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

And you know this how? I sit in the same seat for 2 games every year. I see conservatively 90% the same people every game.

A quick check on Stubhub shows the most tickets available are 4123 for the Falcon game. Granted it is getting late and many tickets have already been sold but I seriously doubt 10,000 seats were for sell. That would be no where near half of the ticketholders.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago
Any season ticket holder that scalps his tickets for profit should have those tickets removed. But then again, I believe tax evaders should be deported.

The real answer is to sell less season tickets and let more people throughout the country have a shot at going to football's Mecca.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago
I have never sold any of the tickets to the games I could not make. I have given them away. Almost always to friends or family but not always.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (2h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (19h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.